Barreth Ford

New 888-460-4283
Used 888-402-3872
Service 888-849-0293

1 of 1 review

Be careful if you drive very far to get here!

by from Southern IL |

I found a truck on line and called about it and the dealer told me it was in great shape and that they had many calls on it and it wouldn't last long! How many times have you heard that line! Well I had been looking for a truck for a couple of weeks and it was the right price and the right mileage and it looked good in the pictures! SO I ASKED MY NORMAL QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TRUCK! THEN I TOLD THE SALESMAN HOW PICKY I AM ABOUT MY TRUCKS OR CARS! And he told me that this was a very very clean truck that he had looked it over his self! So I called my wife and she told me that she liked it so I told him I was driving 2.5 hours to get there and he said he would have another salesman there to help me out with everything! So I got a ride from my brother in law and got there and started looking at it and was there for about 5 minutes before anyone noticed I was even there! (That's a first that no one knew I was there HAHA). Open the Drivers side door and the interior looked great! So then I started looking it over underneath and started noticing some things that didn't look right! The frame had more rust on it than I thought it should have for that age! Then opened the hood and there was rust everywhere on this truck under the hood especially where there wasn't suppose to be rust. So I started checking the cab corner and rockers on it and noticed rust that HAD BEEN TOUCHED UP on the Drivers side rear door opened the door and it was rusted through from the inside! Well I was done here! And when my brother in law saw it too. I didn't have to say anything to the sale's man that this truck was junk but they knew how picky I am about what I own and the let me drive 2.5 hours to get here to look at something that should haven't been sold! And then noticed 2 weeks later that the truck is still for sale online! I can't say that's how they treat all their customers but I wasn't too happy about my experience! But that truck wasn't meant for me because I found a better truck at a dealer the next day only 20 minutes from my hometown! SO GOOD LUCK BUT BECAREFULL!

(1-1 of 1 review)