Downtown Ford

525 N 16th St, Sacramento, CA 95811

New 888-450-8949
Used 888-492-0105
Service 888-895-5751

Great Cars, Great Prices, Easy Financing, crummy location!

Purchase of Mustang

by from Dunedin, New Zealand |

I had been looking for a 2009 Mustang so that I could export it to New Zealand. I saw the ideal one on line and made contact through the web site. The service was as good as you could expect - the internet sales person had the additional hassle of dealing with someone across the other side of the world, and made the whole process quite simple. The car was put on hold while I arranged an independent inspection, and then there was further delay while finance was arranged and wired through. Then they had to deal with a shipper in LA, and arranged transport to the shippers location. Very happy customer and hope to call in one day to see who I was dealing with in person.

excellent service for correcting the mistake made

by from Sacramento California |

I went back the next day and was immediately taken care of by a representative who was very knowledgeable about iPods. The representative explained the problem of why my new classic iPod did not work and what I needed to do. I liked how Downtown Ford corrected the situation, and I would recommend them to others.

Poor service, poor repair

by from Sacramento California |

Until the time my car was picked up, I could have given Downtown Ford 5 stars in all categories, but when the car was delivered after a 2 hour wait the repair specified was not even looked at. I was greeted courteously and promptly when I arrived,and the only thing I requested to be done was to find out why my iPod would not sync. The work order was written up as such and was never even looked at. After nearly a 2 hour wait the car came back washed and checked over and I was told my sync was OK. I thanked customer service for the great service until I got in my car and found out that during my wait nothing was done except the car wash and checking my tires. I did not come in for this purpose, I wanted my iPod to play and the technician did not bother to even look at it.

Excellent Experience

by from Antelope California |

Bought my 2010 Ford Fusion recently. Car was priced below competitors prices so I was expecting a lessor car. What a surprise, the car turned out to be nicer with more equipment than other cars that I had looked at. Was out in about an hour with my 2010 Certified Fusion Hybrid. So far I love the car. Am averaging 38 miles per gallon

Poor Customer Service

by from Marysville, CA |

I cannot express how poorly I was treated by the sales staff at Downtown Ford. After requesting information about the car online, I was contacted by the Internet Sales Manager. I expressed my interested in a Certified Used Ford, told him what I was looking for in terms of trade-in, reviewed financing options, and asked if price was negotiable. Feeling positive about our phone call, I drove one hour to the dealership. After a brief test drive, we went into the office. I was traded back and forth between my original salesperson and the sales manager. During the process, I found that the price of the vehicle was not negotiable and was presented with a cars.com print out of others cars in the area that were priced higher--amazingly, when I repeated the same search later I was presented with different results. The dealership most not have included Roseville in their search. The offer for my trade-in was not discussed, and was only presented to me along with some figures (the full price of the car, interest rates higher I qualify for, and payments $100 a month higher than we discussed) written out on a piece of scratch paper. The worst part of the sales experience is I could hear the sales team loudly and mockingly talk about me in another office as I sat in an office alone. Occasionally a salesperson would pop back in the room and want to know if we can make this happen today. Then he'd leave and loudly discuss my answer in a neighboring office. Then I'd hear the sales manager repeat and mock my answer. When I asked to leave, the sales manger gave me a dirty look and made a comment about enjoying my day in one rudest tones I've ever heard from a salesperson. In my defense, it was a beautiful Sunday and I had already wasted an hour, not including the drive to the dealership. Of course, I was contacted by the Internet sales that evening, but he did not to provide me any real information about the car, just invited me to call them back. The following day I was contacted the Sales Manager. In expressing how I felt I was poorly treated by him and his team, the Sales Manager said that we shouldn't do business together because of my poor experience and quickly got off the phone. I'm an educated professional with a good job, excellent credit, and could easily afford the car I was considering. Why a sales team would choose to be rude as well as lie about the negotiability of the car to get me to the dealership is beyond me.

Downtown Ford responded to this review

August 3, 2013

You just can't please everyone. This individual drove an hour because we had one of the lowest prices online. Unfortunately we could not discount the vehicle significantly more to meet his price expectations, so he decided to try and harm us with his review. We never "mock" customers. if he heard any conversation its because managements door is always open and customers are free to walk in and discuss anything. They often do. He never brought any of these concerns to us, He simply wanted a larger discount, and in his words, "was not ready to buy today" Regarding pricing, in this information age it is important for us to price our cars competitively to others on the market. We routinely check pricing within a 150 mile radius of our dealership and are usually within the lowest 10% of all similar vehicles listed. Can he find a similar model for less money? sure. But it may have more miles, may not be a certified car, or may have a bad Carfax history report. In comparing prices we only compare vehicles with similar mileage, history, Certification, and condition. I'm sure he left a few of these factors out in doing his own search to justify his argument. We are sorry that he wasn't pleased, But we cannot please everyone. More than any other Dealership, Downtown Ford goes out of its way to make the buying process a pleasant one as evident by our 30+ years of success.

all around awesome experience!

by from stockton, ca |

Previous car buying has left me weak at the kness, stressed out and overwhelmed. Not the case this time! My wife and I will definately be back. Rick is absolutely the best. Our situation was unique and other dealerships said they couldn't help. We were in and out in the car we wanted. Thank u downtown ford!!!

Calm car buying experience

by from Santa Rosa, CA |

I was very pleased with the customer service and ease of buying my car that occurred with Downtown Ford. The Internet Sales Manager was very helpful and negotiated price via email before I drove 2 hours to see and buy my car. When I arrived his partner walked me through the process in a professional and calm manner. I really appreciated my calm car buying experience and would highly recommend them and using Cars.com to find a vehicle.