Webster Groves Subaru

(2.0) 7 Reviews

7982 Big Bend Blvd, Webster Groves, MO 63119

NEVER SHOP HERE! SERIOUSLY, JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

by from Webster Groves, MO |

NEVER SHOP HERE! SERIOUSLY, JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP. GO TO ANOTHER DEALERSHIP. If this is what happened to me, I can?t imagine anyone else having a good experience in any capacity. Although it is months after my experience with this dealership now, I wrote this immediately after coming from the dealership, so keep in mind the story is fresh and accurate. I have been looking forward to test driving the STI for 2 years. First, we waited in the atrium for 10 minutes without anyone speaking to us as we made eye contact with the salesmen walking about (already have never been treated this badly in a dealership). 4 salesmen walked past us and said nothing to us (crazy). After that, one salesman said that someone would be with us shortly. 5 minutes after that (keep in mind nobody asked us what we were doing there) Mario came up to us. I told him I was interested test driving a WRX and an STI. He copied my license and said he would be right back, then disappeared (I never saw Mario again). 10 Minutes later (where did Mario go?) another person (Never gave us his name) asked us if we needed anything. I repeated that we were interested in test driving a WRX and an STI. He said okay and left. 5 minutes later he came back, and said he had to re-copy my license, and took us to drive a WRX (not in the limited trim as I had specified). At this point we had waited about 30 minutes. I drove the 3.3 miles the salesmen allowed me to drive. All the while commenting on the driving characteristics of the car and asked questions about year, and trim options (of which I was correct about all of it, for example: 2016 STI?s only have 2 trim levels). After we were parked I requested again to drive the STI and he said ?my sales manager is not letting the STI out tonight? (what?). I asked why and he explained that since I wanted a black or gray car that I was not allowed to test drive the blue STI which still had the trim I wanted (I guess he didn?t want to sell a car). He said something to the affect that they are selling STIs to a certain type of person (as if I was not that type of person). I realize that many people want to test drive ?performance? cars with no intent of purchasing them, but I find it ridiculous that a person seriously considering purchasing the car was not allowed to test drive it. I am not sure why they would not let me drive it, I guess I just didn?t want the right color and they didn?t want to make a sale. I have impeccable credit. I came with my wife. We were both dressed business casual. I am a working professional, and I can comfortably afford the Subaru STI in the highest trim with all of the options (and actually bought a competing car). None of that mattered. They were not ?letting the STI out tonight.? Yes, I could have appealed to the sales manager, but really, nobody should have to waste more of their time arguing for the privilege to test drive a car. Pure insanity. Go to a different dealership. You will be happy knowing you didn?t go here. Also, I went to another local Subaru dealership and they let me drive their brand new blue STI, even though I preferred black or gray?frustrating.

Don't waste your time here.

by from St.Louis, MO |

I had come to this dealership a few months ago in hopes to purchase a WRX that had been listed on their website. After calling to confirm that the car was available, I drove over an hour to this place to see it, only to find out that the car had been sold over a month ago. They said they had a comparable car that I could look into buying. After waiting over half an hour for the salesman to come back (dealership did not appear busy), I finally went out and found the car myself, only to see that it had been modified by someone who clearly hacked it together. At that point, the salesman ran out with the key. Giving it the benefit of the doubt, I started and warmed the car up while I inspected it. Finally ready to go, I asked if they needed to see my license, to which the salesman responded: "Oh no, we don't let people test drive our rally cars in the rain." The road was slightly damp due to some light drizzle, and a WRX, while quick, is an AWD Subaru that is meant to be driven on wet roads. After wasting over 3hrs of my time, I went to Dean Team, who gave me the keys to three different cars and told me to drive to my heart's content. More recently, I saw that someone had traded in an older car to them. I'd been looking for this model for some time, so I was very excited to see it. I called them this time to ensure it was still for sale. The dealer called me back and stated that one of the salesmen was planning to purchase the car for himself.... So much for the customer. The ad for the car was (and still is) on their website. Short story long, these people advertise cars that they don't have, have terrible customer service and will waste your time. Go up the road a few minutes to one of the other Subaru dealers if that's what you're in the market for.

Catalytic Converter Repair

by from St. Charles, MO |

I see nothing but complaints here. Now comes a sliver of hope. My daughter purchased a used Subaru Forester 2012 about 3 years old with 120,000 miles from Webster Groves Subaru. After driving it for less than a week the check engine light illuminated. She called me and I told her to take it to Auto Zone to have the codes checked. Came back oxygen sensor, mass air flow and catalytic converter. I told here to contact the dealership and schedule an appointment. I suspected it was the catalyic converter and told her to see what the dealership says. If they say they cleared the codes, cleaned a sensor and or can't find anything she is to return the truck or ask for some sort of extended garuntee in writing from them for a month. If they can't do that then return the truck. Supprisingly they called back and said it was the catalytic converter and they would pay the $900 for the repair. After a 3 hour wait the repair was done and it has been a few days and my daughter has not called back. With a little luck we will not have anymore issues. Even after seeing all the bad reviews I would have to recommend this dealer.

Double check what they recommend

by from Webster Groves, Mo. |

I've had our Subaru serviced at Webster Groves Subaru for years. When I go to pickup and pay for the service they often point out service issues they recommend be fixed. Last time I was told I needed the brakes serviced, because the pads were worn thin. I took our car to another service center and ask them to check the brakes. They told me all the pads were only 1/4 down and I didn't need replacement of the pads or disc. Be careful of service items they recommend you have done, get a second opinion to be safe.

Bad customer serivce=Bad company

by from Missouri |

Never go to WG Subaru, they are not a good character of people. My check engine was light on. I dropped my car to them in their drop off service side on Saturday and called the following on Monday to inquire if they had looked at my car. They would look at it after the holiday. They had. I needed a throttle body and the part would be in on Monday and it would cost $1400. I called Monday; the part was not in yet. Give them 3 wks. I inquired about getting a loaner car until my car was fixed. He said, sure no problem. He said he needed to make a phone call to Enterprise. He informed me that my loaner car was now ready gave me the address to pick it up. I got to Enterprise only to be informed I would have to pay for the rental. I informed Enterprise of what I was informed and they call the service advisor. The service advisor then apologies to me saying I miss understood. Anyhow, he said, the part will be in on that Tuesday or Wednesday because the part had been ordered. Tuesday no part, but the price is now $1700. Wednesday the part is finally in and when I asked for the full price, I was told it is now $1811.01. It will take 2 hrs to put in and I could pick the car up by Thursday @ 4p, and then changed to 4:30p. I called to confirm and I was informed it would be 100% ready by time I got there. Once I arrived, I informed the receptionist I was there to pick up my Suzuki and to get the service advisor. The service advisor looked at me and said, oh it's not ready. I asked him why didn he call because he has my number and he just said something happened to the number he guess, he tried to call but I didn answer. I showed him my cell phone that I had in my hands that he never called. He said nothing else, turned and walk away from me. He left me standing there with no explanation. He treated me that way because I am from West Africa Liberia. I couldn believe the mistreatment I had received from this company. I say company because your staff speaks for your company. When you have a problem with your car, search another dealership.

AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS!!!!

by from Kirkwood, MO |

Purchased a used Volvo here, and in less than a week all gauges shut down and the SRS (airbag) warning light stays down. Also keep smelling gas vapors. Find out, through a Volvo dealer, that this car has been in need of a new computer module since June 2011, and the timing belt had not been replaced like the sales rep at WG Subaru told me when I bought the car. After some tense conversations, WG Subaru agrees to split the cost on the timing belt, and they will get the car to the Volvo dealer to have the computer "flashed." The Volvo dealer, under an extended warranty, will also replace the fuel pump (which WG Subaru didn't catch in their 38-point check before putting the car on the sales lot!!) Get the car back a week later, and after 100 miles, the check engine light goes on. A call to the Volvo dealer reveals WG Subaru never instructed them to "flash" the computer, and it wouldn't solve the problem anyway. At this point, I've had the car less than 30 days, driven it 200 miles, and am looking at $2,500 in additional repairs that I'm convinced WG Subaru knew the car needed. (Computer codes are easy to clear out between test drives, but replacing and reprogramming the module can only be done by Volvo, and they knew that!) WG Subaru says there's nothing they can do to help me or make things right at this point. To me, WG Subaru is a dealership that has no conscience!!

Webster Groves Subaru responded to this review

November 22, 2012

The warranty on this vehicle which the customer agreed to was 30 day 50/50 warranty on the internal lubricated parts of the engine, transmission and drive axle. The engine light was not on when the car was traded for or sold because it would not have passed emissions inspection. Strictly as a GOOD WILL gesture, all of the repairs were performed and Webster Groves Subaru split the cost of al of those repairs.

Webster Groves Subaru A+

by from St. Louis, MO |

I purchsed a used car from Webster Groves Subaru. What attracted me to them was the great price they had on the vehicle. I could not find a compairable price anywhere in St. Louis or the surrounding areas. I was happy with my sales person and the process was quick and easy. What I most appreciated was that they did not try and sell me a Subaru as I was shopping for Honda's only. Most of the other dealerships I visited in St. Louis (lindbergh blvd stretch) were very, very pushy and when they found I wanted a used Honda only they were reluctant to want to help,and tried to sell me every other car under the sun since they did not have what I wanted. Thank you Webster Groves Subaru for meeting my expectations with my used car purchase!

Webster Groves Subaru responded to this review

November 22, 2012

Thank you Jennifer. So often, we only receive a response from customers whom had what they considered a problem experience.