Neil Huffman Honda

Used 866-455-6954
Service 888-207-3563

Nice Car Buying Experience

by from Sellersburg, IN |

Our salesman, Brian was very informative and very personable. He explained everything to us about the CRV and showed us how to use the electronics inside of the vehicle. He was very nice and made our car buying experience painless.

Extremely Unethical Sales Tactics

by from Louisville, Kentucky |

I started out with the Internet Sales Manager, Dave, at the Neil Huffman dealership in Clarksville, Indiana. He offered me a "no haggle" proposal for a used 2010 Accord, set up a time for me to test drive it and said it would be ready when I got there. When I showed up, neither Dave nor the car was in sight. Instead, Ralph happened to be strategically waiting outside for me and I had to wait for him to retrieve the car. I test drove it and then another one and then needed to get back to work. The manager, Charles, kept interjecting his suggestion for me to lease a new car. I told him from the very beginning that I could only afford a certain payment amount and a new car was too much. I kept telling them I had to leave but he eventually wore me down, even though I clearly did not want to make the deal, but his up-sell for a 3 year lease on a new 2014 Civic was complete. The first day I had it there was an issue with the tire pressure. I had to make a special stop at the Acura place to check it, no problems were found--HOWEVER you have to recalibrate it by driving 30-60 miles per hour for 30 minutes or the warning light will never go off. Plus, the new technology system on these Hondas is extremely dangerous. You have to take your eyes off the road to do the smallest task. And I can't afford the payment?they lied about how much it would be, as it was more after I signed the papers. I will never go back or recommend that anyone go there. I told them I wasn't happy with the car but the manager, Charles, won't even call me back now that he made the deal. Never did see Dave and am thinking he was just a farce.

Price Baiting

by from Louisville, KY |

I understand that dealerships have many fees when naming the price. Whilst signing the buyers agreement I asked the dealer multiple times "What is the total price including every fee along with tax?". The dealer wrote number on the Buyers contract paper and told us that it shouldn't be more than $200 than what was on the paper. Mistakenly I trusted him. Once signing the agreement they told us the total price was $800 dollars more than what he said was the "total".

Honda Odyssey they deemed DOA still running fine

by from Clarksville, IN 47129 |

I brought a 1996 van in due to a bad oil leak. They ran a diagnostic check and said it was the distributor but also found thousands of dollars in repiars were needed. They called in the evening and tried to sell me a new one. I paid the $70 for the faulty diagnostic check and drove it to another repair shop in town. These models and Accords had a seal that under extremely cold conditions would crack and allow oil to run out. The seal was around $5. In the meantime I went ahead and got timing belt, water pump, PCV, thermostat, etc. It had 160,000 miles on it and it now had 209,000. The shop with part charged me $900. I called and explained later that my distributor was fine.... their diagnostic check was a joke and the van was running fine. They would do nothing for me. All I wanted was the $70.... oh and I had a coupon for a FREE diagnostic check that they said would not apply. I bought an Accord for the wife three months ago but it came from somewhere else... I would stay away from these jokers.

Poor business practice.

by from Columbus, In |

Bought a car there with cash and a few days later I found out they ran a credit check on me even though the sakes rep assured me they wouldn't. I didn't finance the car and never asked financing so there was know reason for them to run that. I have asked them to remove their inquiry from my credit report and they have refused.

internet customer service

by from Hawesville, KY |

I had inquired through the internet about one of their vehicles. I received a prompt reply from April and we have kept in contact the past couple of weeks. I've not had the chance to visit their lot yet but I expect it to be worthwhile when I do.

Be Very Wary!

by from Crane, IN |

I'm not sure if it's because we were from out-of-town and they thought they'd never see us again or if they just try to take advantage of everybody who comes in, but they've ensured they'll never sell to us again. I knew the car we wanted was overpriced, but I thought they'd work with us a little. I let them take advantage of me and the fact that we were unfamiliar with the values of the car we bought and hadn't had a chance to conduct appropriate research before-hand. We had actually visited the dealership to look at a different make & model that they had in their used car lot. When it didn't pan out, we felt that since we were there, we would see what else they had to offer. They were treating us well at this point and if a dealership treats us well, we?ll stick with them for all our purchases, as we did where we previously lived. In ten years, we ? including our extended family ? purchased five cars from one dealership. As we entered the negotiation phase it became uncomfortable; my gut kept telling me to get up and leave and I should have listened. In a way, because of their desperation to make a sale and the way in which they pretend to be your friend and share stories about where they grew up and things they know about the area in which you live, we actually kind of felt sorry for them and wanted them to be our new dealership of choice. The end result is that we payed way too much for the car we bought. Although we felt the value they were offering for our trade was fairly reasonable, they later turned on us and blamed us for the reconditioning they alleged they had to do to it. This was after the dealership inquired as to our satisfaction with the purchase and we then expressed our concern about having paid too much, based on our after-the-fact research. The value a dealership offers for a trade-in is based on what they think its worth minus the anticipated investment to sell at a reasonable profit. Their reconditioning costs are NOT the customer?s responsibility, and it?s inappropriate for them to even bring it up. My dad was a car salesman. I know how it works. We love the new car. We just hate the fact that we got taken for a ride on it ? no pun intended. If they had just let us go, without being so desperate to sell, we would have gone home, done our research, and very possibly returned to try to negotiate further. But we?ll never know now. My recommendation: Go somewhere else!

2005 Honda Accord Blue

by from Louisville, Kentucky |

This was one of the best / worst days of my life. I had wrecked my vehicle and was looking for a replacement. I had set a price I was willing to pay and Neil Huffman worked with me to meet that price. Ralph and Bill the salesmen worked extremely hard to see I was able to get into the vehicle. Waiting to fill out the paperwork was exhausting. Four days after buying the vehicle the check engine light came on, I called the business and they told me to bring the vehicle right in. They fixed the oxygen sensor and I was on my way in a couple of hours. Overall the experience has been great. The facility is extremely clean.

Excellent Experience for mom of 2 buying a van

by from Louisville KY |

I live closer to another dealer but the 2year service agreement Neil Huffman Honda offered was worth the drive to Clarksville. I actually started my search for Certified Odyssey over the Internet on Cars.com. By searching on Cars.com I was originally looking for a dealer close to my house 3 miles away. I found some vans at the closer dealer but I found a certified van and much better service agreement at Neil Huffman Honda 12 miles from my house. So worth the trip The Internet manager was excellent. Answering all my questions and walking me through the details of the carfax. At no time during the sales process did I feel pressured. The service agreement of 2 year free oil changes made this a no brainer for me. I am a sales rep and know service makes the difference. The service was excellent at Neil Huffman Honda that is why I chose this dealership and will choose it in the future. So worth the drive from Louisville.

Upon Further Review

by from Illinois |

I would recommend doing your homework before visiting this dealer. I was a return customer to this dealer after a previous good buying experience. I looked at a used vehicle and decided not to purchase it because of what I feared was an over valued vehicle for the miles and age. I came home and found the same vehicle on-line for considerably less dollars than it was presented to me.