Jack Schmitt Ford Lincoln

1820 Vandalia St, Collinsville, IL 62234

New 888-404-4920
Used 866-454-8643
Service 866-450-6055

New Fords and Used Cars Really Do Cost Less in Collinsville!

Great Experiance

by from Bunker Hill, IL |

Willing to deal on price and great follow up after the sale. Thanks

January 22, 2014

CardsFan: Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience here on Cars.com. We pride ourselves on doing a few simple things right consistently and those include the best price on new and used cars and the best service and follow up during ownership. Our team is committed to making sure you have a great experience the entire time you have your vehicle! Please give us a call if we can be of service with anything!

A great place to buy a car on the East side

by from St. Louis, MO |

I purchased a new Ford Fusion. I am from St. Louis, but a chose to go to the Illinois side of the river because they had the exact model I was looking for in stock. I took the drive. I thought it would take forever, but it really was no further than St. Peter's or O'Fallon, MO. When I arrived, the staff was professional and courteous. Since I contacted the dealership online prior to going, I already had a salesperson to meet with. There was ZERO pressure. My salesperson was Emily Evano. Let me say this first and foremost...One could not ask for a better salesperson. She was eager to answer all of my questions and willing to show me whatever I wanted. But the key was this... There was none of the cliché pressure or condescension that so often comes with purchasing a car from a dealership. Any of the car purchasing stress that I had when walking in the door immediately disappeared. She was well- trained and knew answers to every question I had. Upon reflection, what was most pleasant about the experience is that she asked me what I wanted instead of trying to convince me of what I needed. She was professional, friendly and genuinely empathetic thoughout every stage of the process. The drive Jack Scmitt was worth it. And Emily Evano made the entire process fantastic.

Service review

by from Collinsville, IL |

I own a 2012 Ford Focus with transmission issues, 2 air conditioning issues which required parts to be ordered, blown oil ring (3 days into ownership), Sync radio issues, and leaking transmission fluid (loaner car for 3 days). Fortunately, the car is under warranty. The service department has provided excellent service. I am able to make appointments to suit my schedule. The car is washed after each service call. I would buy another car from the dealership based on the service department's commitment to service quality.

Great Deal!!!

by from Effingham, IL |

Am very pleased with my purchase. Initially spoke with dealer over the phone and was given all the details of car with no problems and more importantly was not pushed repeatedly to "come on down" to visit dealer. Told ahead of time I was coming and they had the car already front and center upon my arrival. Drove it, loved and then sat down to buy it. The next part was unexpected, they are VERY reluctant to negotiate price. However, the listed price was already thousands less than I had seen elsewhere (on a certified car no less), and they gave me more than expected on my trade, so I got over it quick. I dealt with "Emily" and would recommend her to anyone, was a pleasure to talk/work with (unlike the sales manager who was a bit terse/gruff). She even got some balloons to take home to the little ones (was simple thing, but a nice touch). Overall, I am very happy and would definitely do business with again.

Great Deal

by from San Antonio, TX |

I got a great deal on a used 2013 Ford F-150 FX2. I purchased the truck without ever going to the dealership to see it in person. I asked a ton of questions and Andy Stafford was very responsive by email, phone and text. He was very friendly and helpful. I had the truck shipped 900 miles to San Antonio, TX and it arrived just how he described it. I am very happy with the truck and the service I received before and after the sale. I would definitely purchase another vehicle from them.

Not Happy

by from Cozad, NE |

I called and spoke with someone about a vehicle, they asked if I had a trade-in. I said I have a pink 12 seat bus. I was told they have taken fire engines so bring it in. I took 2 days off from work, drove 13 hrs one way for them to tell me they didn't realize it was a pink bus. I sat for 2 hrs at a table on the show room floor while they tried to line someone up to look at it. I ended up driving the bus back home 13 hrs.

January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here and point out how we could have done better. What you were told was true, we have taken in fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, motorcycles, RV's, ATV's, golf carts, etc. as trade ins in recent months. We made an aggressive offer on your bus. That offer was not satisfactory to you. The time you spent in the showroom was time that we were spending having other dealers come over to the dealership to look at the bus to try to obtain a higher bid for it. We were trying to do right by you and get the most money we could for your vehicle, particularly because of the long trip you made to work with us which we appreciate. We called everyone in our network. We even had a couple of people from other dealerships drive over to take a look at it and we were still this highest bid by $800. We regret that we were not able to earn your business or help you get the amount that you demanded for the pink bus. Despite our best efforts, sometimes what we accomplish isn't always 100% in line with expectations in terms of trade values. We have remained in business here for almost 30 years by consistently paying more for trade-ins than our competition which has come and gone. We are sorry that things had to end with disappointment but we do appreciate the opportunity.

Deal Gone Bad

by from Litchfield IL |

Not long ago, I went to this dealeship to see about buying a ford escape they had on the lot, next thing you know I notices they were low balling me and giving me such a bad deal. They refuse to get this one finace. I even went to another bank & were going to approve it once I got some numbers.. Instead this dealership gave a me number off another vehicle that I did not want. This dealership is not worth buying from. Took me a while to find another vehicle that I finally found & were able to finace it without any problems. So happy I found it & was worth the trip. Save yourself the trouble going to this dealership, they are not honest people. Better off finding a dealership that will work with you.

January 22, 2014

Jackfrost we are sorry we were not able to meet your expectations in terms of purchasing your Ford Escape. We have consistently been a top dealer in our market for years on both new and used vehicles and we have done so by providing great deals and great service. That being said, once in a while we don't meet our customers expectations. We have a very transparent trade-in process and while we may not have offered what you wanted, we almost offer more than average market trade in for your vehicles. We welcome you to contact our General Manager Andy Carr any time with concerns and we are truly sorry we were unable to earn your business.

Good service/good deal

by from St. Louis Mo |

They had the best offer, we bought the car from them. An issue with a scratched window on the new car was resolved immediately, the window was replaced. Would highly recommend this dealership.

January 22, 2014

Teacher: Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. It is important to us that your new car is perfect at delivery and we are sorry that we had an issue initially but glad that our team could take care of it for you. Please keep us in mind for taking care of your vehicle needs now and in the future and thank you for choosing Jack Schmitt Ford Lincoln!

Pleasant buying experience.

by from Hot Springs, AR |

I recently drove 7-hours to Jack Schmitt Ford to purchase a 2007 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson truck. The salesperson, Josh Stoeckel, and Used Car Sales Manager, Steve Hobbs, made this a pleasant buying experience and well worth the 7-hour drive.

September 16, 2011

Thank you so much! We appreciate you making the journey to do business with us. We realize that you have many choices and our entire team here will be happy to hear that your experience was a good one. We realize that we may be too far for you to drive for service, etc. but we do want your ownership experience to be a good one. If we can help you out with anything along the way, please feel free to contact us.