Phil Long Hyundai of Chapel Hills

1540 Auto Mall Loop, Colorado Springs, CO 80920

New 888-251-3123
Used 888-251-2709
Service 888-251-3371

You Get More In March! More Value!

Excellent service, Ben knows his stuff..

by from Colo Spgs CO |

Couldn't have gone better... You know, I think my first statement says it all, asking a little much for 50 words or more. Are you people still in grade school...

Would not recommend

by from Colorado Springs, Colorado |

Be careful when buying from this dealership. When looking at a vehicle I asked if the tires were new and I found out after I bought the vehicle they were not new. When dealing with Mr. Torres a sales manager on a price that we could agree on to make a purchase he came back with a higher amount after shaking on the previous price. Then Mr. Torres was working on the finance paperwork he tried to extend my payments another year and when I said that is not what we agreed on he just said to make a extra payment a year and I would not have to worry about the extra year. My window tint was torn when the sticker was removed and no one told me and I found it later damaged. When I brought this up they said they would take care of it and I did not know what that meant. I had to talk to a second sales manager before they scheduled an appointment to fix my tint. When I picked my car up from the service department after my tint was fixed they gave me my key and pointed in a general direction on where my car was parked. They owed me a check with our agreed purchase and I was to receive the check a week later. I called a week later and Mr. Torres said he would call me back but 5 hours later I drove into the dealership to find out where my check was. My wife went in the day my check was ready and 2 salesmen made discriminating comments to her when she was walking into the store and then leaving as well. I wrote a comment on the dealership site to get a message to the General Manager and heard nothing back 3 weeks later. I then called the corporate office and told her everything that had happened in my dealings with the dealership. She apologized and said someone would call me back. Mr. Torres called me 2 working days later and said he would call me back on working a deal to trade my vehicle back in. He did not call me back 4 days later before I went back in to see what was going on. I talked to Mr. Torres and we ran the numbers and since corporate told him to make a deal to appease my frustration with this dealership but did very little to do so. He was going to see if he had more room to play with and call me back. After no phone call I called back in 3 days later to see what the situation was. I finally got a call back and Mr. Torres and he had more room to play with but still was very little. I only wanted to trade my vehicle back in to get away from this Hyundai store due to the comments to my wife mainly. I guess since there have been other complaints against women they seem not to care since it is still going on. I am sure not all people have had a bad experience but I would watch your back and read word for word everything you sign and listen very careful on what they tell you. I will not deal with this dealership again or Phil Long for that matter.

Phil Long Hyundai of Chapel Hills responded to this review

March 15, 2015

Dear Mr. Keller Thank you for your review. In order to become a great company that we desire, we must learn from our mistakes. I apologies to you for the experience you describe in your review. This is not acceptable behavior by one of our employees. Let me introduce myself. My name is Dan Jonuska and I am the General Manager here at Phil Long Hyundai of Chapel Hills. I was asked to come out of retirement by the Vice President of the Phil Long Group after 35 years on January 22nd of this year to take over this dealership. The reason was make the customer experience here the best in our group. I intend to accomplish this goal. The person you refer to in your review no longer is employed here. This was just one of the first of many moves I have made to improve our customer service. As I stated this behavior is not acceptable here any longer. I believe we now have a Team that is committed to taking care of our customers. To anyone who reads this review please try us and we will prove it. Again, I apologies for your experience and If I can be of any assistance to you please contact me at 719-867-6703.

Great Experience - Betty is wonderful to work with

by from Colorado Springs, Colorado |

Just bought a car from Phil Long and Betty Chen was my salesperson. She was great to deal with. Not overbearing in any way. Responded to my questions with straightforward answers. She was knowledgeable and worked very hard to get the deal done as quickly as possible.Rod in financing was also a pleasure to deal with. I would definitely go to Betty again when buying another car.

Thanks to Andy at Phil Long Hyundai of Chapel Hill

by from Colorado Springs, Co |

First time buyers with Phil Long and was very pleasantly surprised. A friend had recommended them but our last 8 cars were bought from a different dealership but we took the drive and found a warm and professional dealership which offered a variety of vehicles and a great service center. We were treated with courtesy and respect. Our sales rep Andy was very knowledgeable and not pushy. He answered all of our questions and concerns. The buying experience was informative and we felt comfortable making a financial decision to buy a new vehicle. The financing was easy and the payments within our budget. I guess the biggest surprise was we did not remember the instructions on the headlights and of course left them on overnight. The next morning when I came out to a dead battery. Andy gladly came up to Glen Eagle and jumped the battery. We reviewed the vehicles differences and he even called to get the code for the resetting of the radio. That was great customer service to come to our house and make sure we were ok and understood the vehicle options completely. My husband has a new vehicle and I can hardly wait to replace my vehicle... If you are in the market for a new or used car go see Andy Dearing at Phil Long Chapel Hills. His phone number is 719-867-6719 or the dealership main number is 719-867-6767. Good Luck and God Bless

Betty and Richi, the best of

by from Pueblo West, Colorado |

The Phil Long Chapel Hills Hyundai buying experience was the best car buying experience my wife and I have had in 30 years of car purchase milestones. Our salesperson, Betty Chen, as described in other reviews, is absolutely wonderful! The care and personal time and attention given to us from Betty exceeds all expectations we had from past purchases in other dealerships. Richi Carni, the sales and finance director, completed our paperwork, but gave us so much more to leave with then just signing our names on a contract. I truly believe this dealership has the best interest of the buyer in mind, which is contrary to how the public normally paints the auto sales industry.

Best Dealership in the Springs!

by from Colorado Springs, CO |

ABSOLUTELY the BEST dealership that I've been to in the Springs!!! The first car I bought was from Toyota, and I thought I'd go back to them, but they only looked at me as $$$ instead of as a customer. My wife and I worked with Jessica Johnson and if you have the chance you need to work with her! She didn't push us at all and helped us with anything we needed! We only had one car in mind, and we weren't pushed to get another car, unlike other dealerships who try to push you to a "cheaper" car to meet your price range. I did my research prior and looked at other dealerships, but Phil Long and Jessica provided the best customer service and best car buying service! I'll never go to another dealership again!

James provided excellent customer service.

by from Colorado Springs, CO |

Last week I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Genesis from Phil Long Chapel Hills. James Fowler was my sales person and provided me with an outstanding buying experience. He worked with me for hours explaining the many features of the car and negotiating pricing options for the vehicle. The first day I informed him that I was not ready to buy just yet as I had some things to take care of regarding my job. He was very understanding and was not pushy in getting me to buy the car right away. I ended up buying the car with manual transmission which I had never driven before. On the day I bought the car, James came to the dealership on his day off to teach me the basics of driving a manual car. He spent nearly 4 hours assisting me with getting comfortable enough to drive it. He then drove my Kia, which I traded in, back to my hotel and helped me clean the car out before he took it and I was then left with my awesome new car.

Rick was great!

by from Lakewood CO |

Just purchased a 2013 Hyundai Veloster from Rick McSweeney at Phil Long Chapel Hills this past weekend. Great experience and love the car! Highly recommend the drive from Denver! Thanks!

Cars make the sales; not the salesperson

by from Colorado Springs, CO |

The Hyundai Santa Fe is so popular no one can keep them on the lot. So it doesn't take much of a sales pitch to make a deal. Betty Chen is an enthusiastic person who is positive enough to make you enjoy the "dealing" without playing on your emotions trying to "earn your business". I appreciated that very much.

BEST salesperson

by from Colorado Springs, CO |

I have bought between my wife and I we have purchased seven new vehicles from Phil Long dealerships. James Fowler has by far set the highest standard in salesmanship I have ever experienced. We purchased two new Hyundais from Mr. Fowler and will be recommending him to all our retired and active military friends. As a Program Management Professional I am acutely aware of business processes and the only shortfall I noted is that Mr. Fowler is confined to only Hyundai sales. When you have a superstar you should allow them to lead across your dealerships and share Best Practices for improvement.. This young man has the makings of an outstanding trainer and manager. If you promote from within to increase in profit generation--you should evaluate this gentleman and promote to a trainer or manager position at your soonest opportunity.

Betty Chen is Charming!

by from Colorado Springs, CO |

My fiance and I went to Phil Long just to look at new cars. We left that day with a 2013 Hyundai Tucson. A major reason for the shift from looking to actually buying was Betty Chen. Betty was introduced to us in the showroom, and she was immediately warm and welcoming. I was comfortable right away with the (for me, intimidating!) car-buying process. Betty was very knowledgeable with the vehicles' technology, engines, features, etc. and was very understanding of my inexperience. She worked quickly and efficiently to get us in and out in a matter of hours. I thought the car-buying process was a scary, day-long affair until I met Betty. My fiance and I are so happy with the Tucson, and we will definitely refer our friends to Betty Chen for their future auto-buying needs.