Dan Hecht Chevrolet

2400 South Banker St., Effingham, IL 62401

New 866-639-6619
Used 866-798-5211
Service 888-904-7018

We never TIRE of giving to the the best deal

Great buying experience and friendly salespeople

by from Broadwell, IL |

What a great experience. Ty Griffith is a great salesman to work with. We drove 2 1/2 hrs to deal with him and I am so glad we did it was very worth the trip. We were on the hunt for a great vehicle and a great deal and out of all of the places we went Ty and Dan Hecht dealership was the best. Everyone was very friendly and we felt very comfortable there. By the way, Ty came in on his day off for us because it was the only day we could get there. Thanks again Ty, you definitely have 100% satisfied customers here. We will definitely be recommending you and the dealership to everyone we know.

September 25, 2014

Thank you so much. Meeting you made it all worth while. If you need absolutely anything please call me at 217-342-4111.

First time car buyer

by from Louisville, IL |

I am a first time car buyer. I was very apprehensive about the process but was lucky enough to get an informed, polite, and patient salesman, Ty Griffith. I needed a car for a certain price and a low monthly payment and he was able to help me with no problems. I've looked at other dealerships in the past and was always put off by the salesmen I would end up talking with. They were either pushy or indifferent. I understand sales need to be made but I was hoping for someone that would listen to me and work with me to find the right fit for me all while treating me with respect. Ty showed me a few different options and worked with me to find exactly what I was looking for. He was always polite, answered all of my questions, never pressured me, and was always prompt at answering my coorespondence with him, wether it was by text, email, or phone. He was very personable and enjoyable to work with. They were able to get me the lowest monthly payment possible, informed me of all of my options, and allowed me to make informed decisions. Ty made my first car buying experience easy and enjoyable! I will definitely work with Ty again in the future.

Waste of Time!!!!!

by from Southern Illinois |

Contacted them several times through your site and via telephone and never got a response back from them. Knowing you have people like this on your site is probably gonna be the reason i don't use your site anymore.

July 12, 2014

Todd from Southern Illinois. I personally keep a list of all Internet leads that come to our dealership and I can assure that those folks have all been contacted. However computers, software, and web sites are built by humans and therefore are not perfect. I am not sure whom you talked to on the phone. I would like address but I need your last name to find out what happened. At Dan Hecht we want every customer to have the best buying experience they have ever had. Please contact me Ty Griffith Internet Sales Manager at my office number - 217-342-4111 tygriffith@danhecht.com

Great Deal

by from cincinnati, oh |

I drove all the way from cincinnati because the deal was so good. Ty Griffith was a great sales person

by from Mt Zion, IL |

Just a brief follow up, we ended up totalling our trade before we could make the deal but once again, Patty and the crew at Hecht came through, helped us through the process and we leased another vehicle. Spent about 30 minutes at the dealership. Easy as pie, will never go anywhere else, even if it is an hour drive. Car buying as it should be. Thanks to everyone at Hecht.

Bought/leased online twice

by from Mt Zion |

We have leased a toyota from Hecht twice now and we are currently in the mix of doing it again as I write this reveiw. Both times all transactions, price haggeling etc were done online. We are about an hour away (1 way) so we wanted to be sure we were getting the best deal possible if we were going to make the drive. Both times, Hecht aka Patty Atwood was able to beat all other dealers including those in our home town with great deals right out of the box. None of this sitting in a cubicle passing the old four square paper back and forth or losing your keys to the sales manager for hours. Once the deals were complete, we spent less than 30 minutes at the dealership signing papers and getting a demo of our new vehicles. That is the way to buy a car and that is why we strongly recommend this dealership. Having said that we have never had to use the service department but if they are anything like sales, I would expect no problems.

Responsive Customer Service, Great Deal

by from Champaign, IL |

I did fairly extensive research online and communicated with many dealerships in our area. The Internet Sales Manager at this dealer was the most responsive of any of the dealer representatives I worked with. They also gave us the best offer, relative to Kelly Blue Book value, of any dealer, so it was a no brainer to purchase from them. We have been very satisfied with our purchase and overall had a great experience.

September 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear you are happy with the car. If you need anything please contact me. Ty Griffith Internet Sales Manager Dan Hecht Chevy Toyota Effingham, IL tygriffith@danhecht.com

Wrong price

by from Olney, IL |

The car we found listed on your website was several thousand more dollars than your list price. We really liked the car, but the price was too high and they would not negotiate the internet price you had listed. It was very disappointing.

July 10, 2012

Shirley the price here was lower than the Internet price? I am willing to work with you on this issue please email me at tygriffith@danhecht.com or call 217-342-411 and ask for Ty. I am sorry for the trouble and I would like the chance to correct the issue. Thank you, Ty Griffith Internet Sales Manager Dan Hecht Chevy Toyota

Great Experience

by from Clarksville, TN |

Overall a great experience from my research online with e-mails, phone conversations, and experience at the dealership. This was a refreshing experience after a horrible car buying experience with my previous car. Ty Griffith was my salesman for the entire process and he did a great job. I would recommend him, definitely.

happy with new van

by from Tolono, IL |

We shopped online for a used van and found one we liked at this dealership. Ty the salesman set up an appointment at our convenience, and sent us an email reminding us what to bring. We completed our purchase and trade-in in two hours 15 minutes, and were ready to head out for vacation after that. We have already put 1000 miles on the van and look forward to putting 99,000 more on it!

April 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you during those next 99,000 miles. Happy Motoring, Jim Hecht, GM/Owner

not acknowledged

by from Effingham, il |

I have visited this dealership twice....apparantly they are incapable of saying "I will be with you as soon as I am done with my current customer". I have no problem waiting my turn for service, but this happened 2 different times! So, I sent the dealership an email letting them know I would not be back a third time!

April 14, 2012

Thanks for your comments and I'm sorry that we did not acknowledge you. Not knowing the time or other circumstances, it's hard to say why that happened. Obviously we are upset with this situation and have hired people to make sure it does not. Happy Motoring and if we can be of assistance, please contact me personally and I will make sure you are taken care of. Jim Hecht, GM/Owner