Royal on the Eastside

3333 E 3rd St, Bloomington, IN 47401

New 888-258-2219
Used 866-995-9552
Service 888-475-1766

We strive to earn your business! That's why we're a top rated choice by Bloomington residents for 15yrs!

Great people and deals

by from Bloomington, IN |

I've been a Subaru owner for many years, but it had not worked out before where the exact Subaru I was looking for was available at Royal on the Eastside. I was in the market for a Subaru Legacy and finally I spotted one on Cars.com that looked right. I expressed my interest over the web and had a reply from the dealership in about an hour at 10pm! We set up a test drive and I was assisted by both David Goya and Ryan Smiley. They were very knowledgeable about the car and made the purchasing process very smooth. They also worked very fairly with me about my trade-in value. We ended completing the deal after normal business hours but everyone was still very helpful. The next day, I got a call from David that he noticed one of the fog light bulbs was missing as I drove off the lot. He had already ordered the right parts so I could bring the car by later and have them installed. That's excellent customer service. Tony Angerette did the best job I've experienced covering financing and warranty options. And finally, Steve Hudson put the cherry on top with getting the fog light replaced. I've had previous cars in for service there, and their shop always does a great job. I'm glad to have now purchased a vehicle from Royal as well. I will definitely be going back there after the next 200,000 miles.

March 17, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing Royal on the Eastside! We are happy to hear that you've had a pleasant experience with us, as we strive to deliver our top service to every customer. Don't forget to contact Steve Hudson next time you need your vehicle serviced, and we'll continue to give you the Royal Treatment!

Waste of Time

by from Bloomington, IN |

Stay away from Royal on the Eastside! Watch out for salesman Kevin Tylisz, in particular. My wife and I made an appointment with him to discuss an offer we were putting on a used vehicle he had shown us. When we got there, he told us that he had sold it that morning. Then he tried to sell us other cars (including one he previously told me had already been sold.) Instead of calling and telling us the car we wanted was no longer available, he made us drive across town in the snow for a sales pitch. Dishonest, disreputable and disrespectful. Don't waste your time here.

Go anywhere else for service

by from Bloomington, in |

Worst customer service from any dealer, of any kind of retail, I've ever experienced. I've had two separate cars at Royal, both times I've dropped my car off for basic services and both times my car has been there for three to four days beyond expected due to the complete lack of urgency from the service representatives. No update calls on my car's status, no contact when services couldn't be performed due to insufficient parts or broken service equipment. These guys work with the attitude that your time and car issues are not their problem. Clearly their service manager has no idea what is going on OR he doesn't care. You decide which is a greater liability for your time and money.

October 23, 2014

Nick, we are so sorry to hear about your unfortunate situations. I believe you may have brought your vehicle in during a time where we had a higher than normal turnover in our service department. We had people who were in training, we were short-handed and those problems have been fixed since then. I assure you that we give our every effort to keep our customers satisfied and we would like to make up for your negative experience if you'll give us the chance. Thank you for choosing Royal.

Never buy from them. Ever.

by from Bloomington,IN |

I have been trying to buy this vehicle searching and searching when I come to find out that there are many safety issues. Safety issues are major. The exhaust was entirely out. The muffler needed replaced. I gave them a solid price and asked if they could fix the vehicle and they said no. What a place to not even care about their customers. There could have been carbon dioxide in the vehicle!! There would have been lawsuits and I should have mentioned that to them! Unbelievable is all I have to say. Never going back! EVER!!!! They followed me out the door trying to make a deal happen but it was too late and it was still way too over priced. It was nearly 4,000 over the Kelly Book on the vehicle and with the mileage year and everything. I do not know who prices their vehicles there but they are way overpriced and the salesmen know absolutely nothing about the cars.

Poor business decision leads to 2 lost deals

by from Bloomington, IN |

We were on our way over to buy a car from Ryan Allen. We had agreed on a price via email and phone. He knew we were coming over. He called us back to tell us that someone in Ohio is on the phone and is going to buy the car. Royal sold the car to the Ohio buyer. What a horrible (and stupid) way to do business. We are in the market of buying 2 cars and he knew that. Royal lost 2 deals with us. Several friends told me that they have had bad experiences with Royal. I would never buy a car from Royal. I'll go to Indy to buy my cars.

July 10, 2014

Kelly, we are very sorry to hear that you weren't pleased with your experience here at Royal on the Eastside. Unfortunately, we could not accept the offer you continued to give us, and we attempted to come to terms with you on multiple occasions here at our location. Ryan Allen has been a sales representative with us for years, and he has many loyal customers who praise him as being very easy to work with. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to find you a vehicle that will work for you, but we would remind all of our customers that until we have a deposit and have agreed to terms on a vehicle, it is our policy that that vehicle is still for sale.

They say that I am not a serious buyer!!!

by from Bloomington, IN |

I went to them today to see and test drive a car that I am interested in. After the test drive, I made an offer lower than they expected. The guy named Ryan said that I was not a serious buyer, and I came to them only to drive the car for fun! Yes, he said this to me, can you believe that? When I was about to leave, he said that if they take my offer would I buy the car right at the spot. I said I need more time to think about it, he replied that I am not a serious buyer, and asked me if I really have the money to but the car. Then he thanked me for "messing with them". What on earth can he say something like that! It is not about the car, it is about his attitude and manner. I am really disappointed and would never go back again.

PURCHED 2003 AUDI TT CONT.

by from STERLING ,ILL |

OVERALL I ENJOYED THE PURCHASE OF THE TT, HOWEVER WHEN THEY SAID AS IS , THEY WERE CORRECT----THEY DID DELIVER THE CAR FOR ME----THEY DID NOT MENTION THE ELECTRONIC PROBLEMS WHICH I FOUND OUT LATER---VERY NICE FOR A 11 YEAR OLD CAR.

March 18, 2014

We are glad that you are satisfied with the vehicle. When it comes to older aged inventory, our warranty company does not allow us to offer a warranty. That being said, we do not do mechanical inspections on these vehicles in an effort to keep the cost low. We encourage all of our customers to have these vehicles inspected by a third party in order to provide the customer with some additional knowledge about the vehicle, but make it clear that no warranty is offered. We offered to have this vehicle taken to Firestone for a mechanical inspection, and I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue we were unaware of, but we were very up front and honest about the risks associated with purchasing an as-is vehicle. If there is anything else we can do, let us know! Thank you again for purchasing from Royal on the Eastside

High quality facilities and staff.

by from Nashville, Indiana |

Normally I dread the ordeal of buying a new car but my salesman, Vadim Morosov made it pain free. I have just had my 1000mile checkup and was very pleased with the quality of service I received.

December 11, 2013

We at Royal on the Eastside are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with Vadim! We value our customer satisfaction and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow Cars.com shoppers. If you have any questions or concerns now or at any point in the future, we're here for you!!!

Purchased a 2009 Subaru Forester XT

by from Bloomington, IN |

This was the first car I've ever bought on my own, and the first one from a dealer. James McClatchie was my sales guy, and it was a great experience. I know James personally and knew he could help me navigate the process of buying a car. It helped that I fell in love with the car and there wasn't a comparable one within 100 miles, but it was still great. Very low pressure sales environment, relaxing interior replete with free drinks and snacks, and easy to deal with, friendly people. Haven't had any service or repairs done yet so I can't comment on that.

November 12, 2013

Congratulations on your new vehicle, Ben! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Cars.com shoppers! We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, and we want you to know that we are here for you long after you purchase a vehicle from us! Please recommend us to your friends and family, and keep us in mind for future vehicle purchases!

Used S4 purchase

by from Bedford, OH |

I was looking for an Audi S4 from my home town in Ohio and stumbled upon Royal's website and inventory online and was quickly introduced to Ryan Smiley. I remember that it seemed like a cool idea that you could "chat" with a member of the team; however, I was doubting the ability to talk to anyone at 10pm (well after they closed at 7pm). However, I clicked on the "chat with me" button when Ryan's face popped up on my screen and instantly got a reply from him. He knew the car inside and out and from top to bottom as if he was physically in the car itself, even though he told me after I asked him that he was enjoying the comfort of his couch during a Sunday night football game. When I arrived later the following evening, the car we discussed had been detailed, waxed and parked away from the other inventory with the keys and a plate waiting in the car. A 15 minute test drive, a 10 minute negotiation process, and a 15 minute paperwork process later, I was back on the road heading home to Ohio in my new Audi S4!! Smiley, as they call him, was awesome and I would refer anyone at anytime!

November 12, 2013

Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase, and thank you so much Joshua, we always appreciate feedback from our customers! We're happy to hear that you've become one of our commuting customers! Our excellent customer relations (even after hours at times) brings in customers from all over the country, including BOTH East and West coasts! You've become part of the Royal Family, and we hope you'll consider buying from us again in the future. If you have any questions now or at any point in the future, feel free to contact Ryan Smiley or Royal, as we strive to take care of our customers long after their purchase experience!

Amazing salesman &service

by from Bloomington,IN |

James McClatchie was my salesman. And he was awesome. I am very picky. I can in wanting something older and the finance guy said we could get something newer for the same price. I was really upset because I wanted the jeep. I didn't really want a car I wanted an SUV. James spent over a week helping me. He found the perfect SUV for me. Not to big not to small. Very luxury and nice. A 2010 mercury mariner. I feel in love when I saw it and drove it. He was very helpful and put up with my pickiness. If I were to get another car I would go back to him. Once again THANK YOU SO MUCH JAMES!!

November 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you appreciated the treatment that Royal strives to provide all of our customers! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions now or in the future about your vehicle or any warranty you might have purchased. Remember, when you purchase a vehicle from Royal on the Eastside, we're here for you long after your purchase experience!