Valley Chevrolet Inc

Used 888-734-1322
Service 877-669-7986

Our day in Spencer

by from Lebanon, IN |

I had not purchased a vehicle from ANY dealership since 1992. And prior to that one had not purchased from a dealer since, oh, the mid1970's. I grew up hearing relatives and friends tell their horror stories about being ripped off and scammed by dealers and had my experiences with parts and service departments over the years that served only to reinforce those stories. It served to make me take responsibility for my own service work. I've done nearly ALL the service on everything I've ever owned since I was a kid in the 70's. Yep, I'm that old. Excepting automatic transmission rebuilds and setting ring/pinion clearances, I do it all myself. As well, my wife has had bad personal experiences with car buying and car dealers and is VERY skeptical of them. But needing a new ride, and having done my homework, decided to buy a used Grand Marquis or Crown Vic. I found a good looking one at Valley Chevrolet online after several weeks looking at various websites and at dealers online. We talked to a relative from Spencer who told us that Valley had a good reputation in town. So I called the dealership and made an offer pending our checking the car out. They accepted my proposal so we drove a little over an hour to Spencer to see a 2000 Grand Marquis. My wife and I were prepared to scrutinize everything. We noted some minor flaws, all cosmetic, but for a 13 year old car, it was in GREAT shape. And only 105k miles on what I knew by it's reputation to be a good, reliable motor. Our sales rep Jack was attentive and friendly without being pushy and handed the keys off to us. We drove that car for nearly an hour. We stopped in a parking lot after about 20 minutes and looked it over and under. We're not unfamiliar with the area but don't drive the hills in Owen county alot and it seemed to shift kind of hard to us. So when we got back and told Jack about our concerns, he didn't hesitate. He gave us the keys to a 2006 Grand Marquis they also had and suggested we drive it to compare. I thought that was outstanding. Meanwhile he had their mechanic drive the 2000 Merc and talked to the service manager about the transmission. The 2006 did feel different but not dramatically. The mechanic came back with the 2000 and thought it shifted normally. When we got back with the 2006 Jack suggested we could take the 2000 and drive to any shop in town that we wanted to and have them check it and see what they thought. WOW. I was very impressed by this. We went to Vedder's, a local transmission shop and asked the manager if he would mind driving the Merc. During a 15 minute ride, he asked about what we were accustomed to driving and discussed differences and why they might feel different. Then back at the shop, he checked the transmission fluid and said he thought it drove fine. He would not take a DIME from us for his time. I drove over to the local Autozone and borrowed their OBD-II code reader and the car checked clean. No codes shown. So after about 3 hours or more of driving and checking out this car, we went back and made the deal. I've now put another couple of hundred miles on the car and it is great. Runs strong, drives nice and seems a solid and all around good car. We drove the Merc over to the local buffet (Chambers) had a nice meal, and left town feeling very satisfied in a variety of ways! I would recommend Valley Chevrolet to anyone looking to buy a new or used vehicle. We got a good deal on a nice car, worked with several very nice folks who were accommodating and patient with us while we thoroughly checked out this Merc and I had a great day in Spencer with my wife. How could buying a car go better than that?

Great Experience

by from Spencer, IN |

My wife and I recently purchased a used vehicle from Valley Chevrolet. Our salesman and the finance team made the experience quick, efficient, and were ready to answer questions. They were extremely knowledgeable about the car we were interested in and walked us through the process with detailed explanations about all of our options. No high-pressure sales, no pushing to get us to buy extra services and warranties we didn't need, just outlining the options available to us and letting us decide which ones were right for us. A great experience all the way around, and we're thrilled with our purchase.

First GM Car in 25 years

by from Martinsville |

Top-Notch personnel. No pressure, I told them what I wanted in terms of financing and they came through. Vehicle was immaculate at time of delivery. Helped set-up On-Star account. Great experience!

Great Dealership

by from indianapolis |

Picked up a 2010 traverse from them about a month ago. Nice people to do business with.