American Chevrolet Cadillac of Muncie

6580 W Hometown Blvd, Muncie, IN 47304

New 888-255-0419
Used 888-253-5590
Service 888-536-1275

It pays to drive American!

TAKEN FOR A RIDE

by from Muncie, IN |

I was going to buy a used car from this dealer as I had bought another car there as well. However, this time the car got sold out from underneath me and I was called 15 minutes before my appointment to pick up the car. The salesman's name was Brock and he was very good at making me believe I was buying the car, but, then sold it right before my appointment. I then talked to the head salesman, Andrew, who said that they would look for another car for me..............didn't happen. I then even wrote the owner a letter explaining the entire situation that happened with me, and, nothing. All I can say, is buyer beware if you are trying to purchase a used car from this dealership. They apparently have some "policy" that still, to this day, I do not know what it is as there is nothing posted on their website and no one bothered to explain it to me from their dealership, including the owner. I would NOT recommend this dealership.

September 10, 2014

Dear Valued Prospective Customer, I am truly sorry you felt that the vehicle you came in to see was sold out from underneath you as that is definitely not a feeling we want anyone to have who utilizes the Shop, Click, Drive application on our website. The disclaimer at the bottom of the Shop, Click, Drive printout states that the pricing agreement does not constitute a sales contract due to several factors, such as lending approval, trade in value, verification of fees and taxes, and the preparation of final sales documents by the dealer. We have since added the disclosure that all vehicles are subject to prior sale and that the Shop, Click, Drive program does not guarantee vehicle availability, which goes hand in hand with our sales policy which is a first come, first serve policy. Because we have many salespeople who depend on our used vehicle inventory to support their families we feel it is only fair to keep all of our vehicles available for sale until a customer comes in, test drives the vehicle to make sure it is the right vehicle for them and then completes the sales transaction including assessing their trade value, paying for the car in full and signing the final paperwork. This policy also serves the best interest of all of our customers as well. It wouldn't have been fair to you if we would have held a car for someone else that you were interested in buying either. If that was not properly conveyed to you, I apologize. It is not our intent to mislead any of our customers. As the used car is concerned, we have been and still are keeping our eye out for one of the models you told Andrew you would consider purchasing. Unfortunately, we are dependent on obtaining most of our used vehicle inventory as trade ins. We do not commonly purchase vehicles from auctions as it is difficult to verify the reliability of these vehicles. We like to know the history behind our used vehicles or obtain local vehicles so we can offer better insight as to the vehicles life and service records. That being said, we have had you in mind. Everyone in our store wants to sell a vehicle. Most of the time we are successful. We do our best. We have really good people employed at this store, who truly have the customers' best interest at heart. I know no one would intentionally do anything to harm the relationships that we work so hard to cultivate with our valued customers such as yourself. We will continue to work hard for all of our customers as well as our prospective customers.

bought an Equinox 2014

by from Lynn, IN |

I had been car shopping and wasn't really certain what kind of car I wanted, but I knew what kind of things I wanted. I wanted plenty of backseat space for my 2 growing boys, good gas mileage and the best bang for my buck. I also didn't want to feel like I was being pushed into something I really didn't want. (I'd already had plenty of that at other dealerships) Michael and Amy were both great! Amy was so pleasant and friendly & Michael got me what I feel like was a great deal! I'm telling everyone where I got my new car and how fabulous the staff there is.

Great Service

by from Westfield, IN |

I bought a Pontiac Vibe from Nate. Great guy and honest. Made is very easy.

August 9, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. Input from individuals such as yourself is invaluable! Also, thank you for making the trip to see us all the way from Westfield! We appreciate you and look forward to serving you in the future!

Buying Experience

by from eaton, IN |

My husband and I were looking for a vehicle for our family that had plenty of storage. Naturally a van was the most viable option. We had looked at another dealership, but we were not impressed with how we were treated. When we came to American for a van they had on the lot, we were met by a very helpful salesperson and very knowledgeable about the vehicle in question. We decided to wait a couple of days before eventually getting the van, but when we did we were not harassed or finagled into anything. They worked on a price with us and got us the best deal that worked for everyone. I would definitely visit this dealership again if and when we are in need of another vehicle. Thank you Jesus, Nate, and Gary for all your help.

August 7, 2013

Isn't it refreshing to 'make a purchase' instead of 'being sold?' We think so... This is why we try our best to make sure we are HELPING you to make a decision that's right for you as opposed to making one for you and trying to convince you it's right. We are happy to know that we accomplished this in your scenario! Thanks again for the kind words! Your input is invaluable!

Best car buying experience i've ever had.

by from Muncie, IN |

I went into American after just walking out of bad experience with another lot with not a lot of hope for a good experience, but I was proven very wrong. The entire staff was very friendly and the sales professional I was set up with was very extremely polite and knowledgeable over the vehicles on the lot. Two days later they rolled a brand new Chevy Sonic off the showroom floor for me, got me set up in a very comfortable payment and with all the perks I would have never expected at no extra cost. I will never go to another dealership again after the amazing experience I got from American.

August 7, 2013

Wow! What a powerful review! You just described the excellence for which we strive every day! Thank you so much! By the way, be sure to come out and take a tour of the new facility when we move in!

2005 Chrysler Pacifica

by from Van Buren, IN |

My husband and I test drove a 2005 Pacifica at a dealership near where we live. They were asking $10,000 and it had some issues, rust spots where it had been scratched, stained back seats and worn tires. I went online to cars.com and found a 2005 Pacifica Touring for $7999.00 at American Chevorlet Cadillac, it was in much nicer shape, nice interior, good tires. We loved our sales experience there. About week later I found there to be a leak in the back window, when I told the dealer about it they told us to bring it in. They diagnosed where the leak was, fixed it and did it at very little cost to us. This after the fact that it had been such a busy Fall it was five weeks after we bought the car that we bought it in. Thanks again Nate and the service department you were great!

August 7, 2013

We are glad that we able to help you with your purchase... and THEN take care of you AFTER the sale! Again... We don't want to simply sell you then forget you. We want to build a professional relationship that grows more and more as the years go by! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Rainy Day car shopping

by from Muncie, IN |

Great customer service. My salesperson was amazing!! He couldn't get me financed in the car that I wanted (or thought I wanted) so he wanted me to look at another. I wasn't to sure about driving a saturn, but after the test drive I fell in love with it. I'm glad he didn't give up trying to find me a car, because it was obvious I needed one! The rain didn't stop them from being as friendly as ever either. They brought out an umbrella so when we were looking at things we weren't getting soaked. They even opened the door to the dealership for us like a doorman so to speak. The gentlemen that I worked with today are probably the nicest salesmens you'll ever meet. I know salesmen NICE?!...It's true. Thanks guys for all your help! :)

October 24, 2011

Wow! We can't tell you how much we appreciate your kind words and great feedback! It was (and shall continue to be) our pleasure to serve you. Just as a customer hopes to come across a great salesperson to work with, a salesperson hopes to work with a great customer! Thank you for being great to work with!!!

Doesn't work to insult the customer!

by from Fort Wayne |

Wanted to take the lanquishing import, standard transmission vehicle off the hands of this 'All American' dealer, but was offered only $200 off the list price - exactly what was quoted as the 'internet special', so basically was asked to pay full list price. Really? Salesboys who either aren't mature enough to respect their customer or not intelligent enough to realize when they are clearly out matched by a female buyer makes this dealership seem caught in some kind of 1960s hick town time warp

September 14, 2011

We are extremely sorry for the misperception you have of American Chevrolet. Often, due to the manner in which we aggressively price our vehicles on Cars.com, it is perceived that we have no desire to negotiate or 'work with' customers making a lower offer than our asking price. This is simply not the case. Actually, we desire to give our customers a 'haggle free' experience. Most individuals shopping for vehicles these days would rather not experience the 'back and forth game' of car buying. Evidence of this is the fact that one of the most common questions on a pre-owned carlot asked by customers is, "What's your bottom dollar price?" Knowing this, we have decided to offer a starting price which many other dealers would negotiate to. We could easily start at a higher price and work our way down, but we'd rather be more transparent. Beyond this, the additional $200 off is designed to be 'icing on the cake'... additional savings on an already stellar price. Again, we are sorry to hear that you did not perceive it this way. Finally, our salesMEN and salesWOMEN are recognized as some of the best in the country! Their customer satisfaction surveys and repeat customer base give evidence to this fact. One reason for this is our sales team doesn't view the sales experience as a battle of the wills or an opportunity to "out match" someone... male or female for that matter. (By the way, we are DEFINITELY aware that a HUGE percentage of car purchases are decided upon by female buyers.) Our team views sales as an opportunity to serve. It is unfortunate that we could not convey this to you.