Don Meyer Ford

Used 888-472-9153
Service 888-658-0132

Service Department Disappointment

by from Greensburg, Indiana |

I took my vehicle in for servicing, recall matter, right rear brake noise, and hesitation upon acceleration. Vehicle was serviced, recall matter completed, and "nothing else is wrong". What about the brake noise? Rotors have slight rust edge and should not cause problem. What about the hesitation? Mechanic found no hesitation both electronic testing and road testing. I insisted both problems needed to be addressed, finally it was agreed that another mechanic would test drive it with me. He immediately noted what I thought was a brake noise and said "that's not good". He also detected the hesitation when accelerating. Returned to shop, he looked at exhaust pipe, noticed the hanger broken, vehicle was taken in for further checking. This time was told the exhaust pipe was bent up and will need to be repaired or replaced. Apparently they replaced the hanger, it no longer makes that noise Was also told there is water in the transmission causing the hesitation. For about $500 they can do a procedure that may or may not last or they can replace transmission for nearly $3000. The explanation for why original checking did not detect the transmission problem was because I first said the hesitation was between 40 and 50 mph and then I said it was between 50 and 60 mph. I wondered later how mechanic got it up to 50 to 60 mph to test while driving it as I was told he did without going through the 40 to 50 mph range at which point he would have noticed the hesitation. I said I would take the vehicle and decide which I would have them do, he said they had put something in the transmission to help temporarily. The vehicle ran smoothly after that. I took it to an independent mechanic for second opinion. He reported the transmission fluid is perfectly clear and red. He knew of nothing they could have put in it to clear it up temporarily. Now I'm also wondering if a previous ignition switch replacement was really necessarily given that it did not correct the original problem I had been having with it. I had always recommended this dealer and service department to friends because we thought we were getting good and honest service. I will no longer in good conscience be able to make that recommendation. Because of the bad taste this service department has left in my mouth, I will not be purchasing a Ford again.

Great service!

by from Franklin, IN |

No pressure sales. Salesman took extra time to review features with me and sync phone to car and explain