Ray Skillman Hoosier Ford

Used 866-684-4113
Service 877-848-3985

Ray Skillman Hoosier Ford of Martinsville, IN

by from Spencer, IN |

My daily driver suddenly broke down beyond repair on a Thursday night and because of Debbie Everett, Kenny Beaver and Sales Manager David Clifford as well as Chris and Ernie in the finance department I drove off the lot VERY HAPPY with my new Escape on Saturday. I went online and searched 353 cars, called them Friday morning with a "wish list", they got the vehicles to their lot and I went there after I got off work at 6pm to text drive them. This group of people were by far my best experience at purchasing a vehicle I have ever dealt with in my 30 years of driving. I have already passed out business cards to friends who are thinking of buying a new car soon and told them they were the ONLY place I will purchase from now. Their new rennovations looked AMAZING!!! You can't and won't go wrong by dealing with Ray Skillman Hoosier Ford of Martinsville, IN - THEY ARE THE BEST OUT THERE IN THE CAR WORLD!!!

Insulted

by from Plainfield, IN |

Thanks to the continuing efforts of the salesperson Chuck, who tried to help us find a resolution Friday, Saturday we were presented with a new price option and we have been able to reach a suitable agreement with Ray Skillman Hoosier Ford on the vehicle I had mentioned. Chuck seems to have a sense of fairness and service to both the customer and the dealership. He has been knowledgeable, polite and helpful. We can recommend him if you do decide to shop at the Ray Skillman in Martinsville. The sales manager Dave, well? His initial series of responses to the situation were obviously inappropriate. Though he finally agreed to some adjustment, we could not describe him as helpful.

Somewhat appeased

by from Plainfield, IN |

Thanks to the continuing efforts of the salesperson Chuck, who tried to help us find a resolution Friday, Saturday we were presented with a new price option and we have been able to reach an agreement with Ray Skillman Hoosier Ford on the vehicle I had mentioned on 7/5. Chuck seems to have a sense of fairness and service to both the customer and the dealership. He has been knowledgeable, polite and helpful. We can recommend him if you do decide to shop at the Ray Skillman in Martinsville. The sales manager Dave, well? His initial series of responses to the situation were obviously inappropriate. Though he finally agreed to some adjustment, we could not describe him as helpful.

Satisfiel

by from Plainfield, IN |

Thanks to the continuing efforts of the salesperson Chuck, who tried to help us find a resolution yesterday, today we were presented with a new price option and we have been able to reach a suitable agreement with Ray Skillman Hoosier Ford on the vehicle I had mentioned. Chuck seems to have a sense of fairness and service to both the customer and the dealership. He has been knowledgeable, polite and helpful. We can recommend him if you do decide to shop at the Ray Skillman in Martinsville. The sales manager Dave, well? His initial series of responses to the situation were inappropriate but I do give him credit for at last agreeing to some adjustment.

Satisfied

Insulted

by from Plainfield, IN |

We attempted to purchase a vehicle from this dealership. After a positive test drive, we asked if we could take the vehicle to be inspected by our mechanic, and the dealer agreed. Our mechanic, who we have known and trusted for many years, found that there was a head gasket leak. We returned to this dealer and reported the problem. Ray Skillman Hoosier Ford's position was that their service department had found no such leak and offered us a selling (not sticker) price. We said that we were sure there was a leak because of our trusted relationship with our mechanic and asked that their service department look again in the place that our mechanic said it was leaking. Yes, after looking again, now their service department could see the leak. Ray Skillman's solution: we should pay the same price that they were asking when they said there was no leak, and also pay their service department to fix it. So, if the car is okay, the buyer pays "x" price, and if it is not okay, the buyer still pays "x" price and pays the service department that didn't see the problem in the first place, to fix it. Really??Option #2 was to pay the full sticker price and the dealer would fix the problem--which ended up being the same deal. We would have been willing to pay part of the repair, or negotiate in some fashion, but that was not an option for them. Their repair price was the same as our mechanic had already offered us. We expected them to lower their asking price once they verified the leaking head gasket, or to pay at least part of the repair. I guess we looked stupid, or unable to do basic math. Don't waste your time with this dealer!

Very Happy

by from Bloomington, IN |

They treated me fairly and worked to get financing approved on my terms. I bought a Nissan Armada and on the way home realized the CD player didn't work. When I called them, they said they would fix it for free. They also provided new batteries for the headphones and remote for the DVD player inside the Armada. My ONLY complaint was the dealership itself... Kind of outdated and the air conditioning didn't work (or wasn't on) during one of those hot days we've had recently. Not planning on buying a different car for a while but will definitely go back there in the future.