Sharrett Buick GMC

10312 Auto Place, Hagerstown, MD 21740

New 888-249-2801
Used 888-282-1083
Service 888-239-3965

My Experience at Sharrett was AWESOME!!!

by from Hagerstown, MD |

I have been looking to buy a used vehicle cash through the paper and online with no luck in my price range. My husband was dead set against financing but a local Credit Union (Patriot) was willing to take my not so great history and small loan amount so I started another search. Still had trouble finding the right vehicle, mileage, price and payments. Saw this Town & Country on Cars.com and inquired and spoke to a representative on a Friday night. Went in Saturday morning and worked with Josh Busick and the Manager Paul Steiding. They worked hard to make the necessary adjustments on the price and negotiated with Credit Union and I walked out with a BETTER deal than I hoped for. The van is a 2002 but had a CarFax available online here so I went in eyes wide open. No pressure sales and kind easy people to deal with. I highly recommend this group. And they surely didn't get rich working with me but took as much time as needed.

Bought a new MAZDA5.

by from Waynesboro, PA |

Bought a MAZDA5 on Saturday, July 5th, which included an extended 9 year warranty, and drove it home the same day. Overall time at the dealership was about 3 hours, including a test drive and a short tour of their service area. Dennis Shank, salesman, was very thorough and answered all the questions my wife and I had. Most of the time was spent filling out and signing forms. Buying in MD and registering the vehicle in PA required extra forms. About 1/2 an hour of the 3 hours was spent filling out and signing financing forms. If I could change anything, it would be to put together a package of all the forms with the last page(s) being all the statements that need initials (I would guess 15 - 20 sets of initials) and only 1 set of signatures. Doing that and getting in and out in an hour or less would have garnered you 5 stars (I do realize that all the paperwork is not your fault). PS. The MAZDA5 was the highest recommended small SUV by Consumer Reports.

What I wanted, when I wanted it - rather quickly

by from Hagerstown, Md. |

Everyone hates looking for cars. Everyone has a horror story about trying to buy one. Mine was before the process. I was home on morning and someone drove into the back of my parked car and totaled it. I was in a spot. I drive a lot for my job. Long story short, I went shopping and stopped at Sharrett's. I actually bought the totaled car there 13 years ago. I wasn't sure what I was looking for, but saw a CX-5. As it turned out, it was close to love at first sight ... and site. From there, the process was rather quick, but it wasn't desperation. Got with my dealer Karen Surrano and went over options. Picked the car and color out and it just happened everything I wanted had been delivered earlier in the day and was sitting on the lot. Took if for a test drive and liked it ... I test drove RAV-4 too ... and decided to think about it for a day or two while waiting for the insurance process. Two days later, decided to buy from Sharett's ... again. With my first car, I made every service appt. with Sharrett's. Their department was great for me and got me in and out and kept the car on the road for 13 years. Karen was very knowledgeable about the car, but when she didn't know something she found the answer. After the sale, she went though the checklist to help me get on the road in a car that was far more technical that the one I had. In the dealing process, it wasn't much of a haggling process. We came in looking to make a better deal and Karen made an offer immediately. There was some back and forth, but we came to a deal. It was the lowest in the area. The only real problem was getting the sale completed. It took a lot of time. There were a lot of holdups with paperwork and a few things that we weren't prepared for. It took 4 hours to go through all the hoops it took to get the car Now that I got the car things have been good. By and large it was a great experience and Sharrett's was good to me, bot the second time.

June 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our sincerest apologies for the delay on your paperwork. We greatly appreciate your business and feedback. We look forward to a long relationship and to assisting you with all of your service needs.

Mike Coulter

by from Hagerstown, MD |

I experience was great, Mike and other staff did everything to make my buying experience a good one.

by from Thurmont, MD |

Only contacted these folks by phone. They didn't have exactly what I was looking for, but tried to accomodate my wishes. Through my diligence, I purchased a vehicle elsewhere.

Will not deal with Sharrett again...

by from Maryland |

I purchased a 2008 Kia Sorento July/August 2013. My husband and I don't some research and knew that we wanted a Sorento and was looking for the best deal in our area. We found one for a cheaper price, but decided to get the one at Sharrett because I liked it more. We found one a year older and 14,000 less miles in our area and it was $3,000 less than what Sharrett wanted. We negotiated and we purchased the vehicle. We had told them the one roder was in bad shape and it had grooves in it... They originally said they could look into fixing it but after they gave us the final price they said no because it was too good of a deal. Once I got the vehicle home I vacuumed it out and found that the power seat on the driver side does not work properly. It will go up but not back. I called service about 3 days later and they were going to charge $60 to look at it. I was mad so I canceled the appt. the same day... Because upon scheduling they did not tell me there was going to be a charge. My husband checked under the hood recently and found that the air filter is filthy. I feel like these are all regular maintainable things that Sharrett should replace prior to selling a vehicle. We did go over the vehicle thoroughly upon purchasing and the sales guy probably thought we were a little overboard... But these are the reasons why. We knew what the trade in value was on the vehicle and they lied to us about what they were making off of it. It's not professional to tell someone what you arr making off a vehicle. We also were not given detailed info on the care maintaince plan we purchased. Just the good stuff we wanted to hear. It is a nice plan to have at a reasonable price but she told is it covers rentals/replacement vehicles if ours would be getting fixed. They only cover $30 a day so that isn't the same as covering a vehicle. It's just upsetting as a first time car buyer (from a dealer). This is not what I expected because I heard great things about Sharrett. I can't say I would recommend buying a car from here that is used.

October 14, 2013

We are very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your shopping experience. We strive to always provide the best customer service. I would love to talk to you about your experience. Please feel free to contact me direct at (301) 393-3505. Paul Steiding Used Car Manager.

Unfriendly and poor customer service

by from Hagerstown,MD |

My wife and I went to look at a VW Jetta at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon. We looked around in the parking lot for 15 minutes and no one came out to greet us. Went into the dealership and no one was around. Started to leave the dealership and saw a used Subaru Impreza about the same price of a Jetta we were looking at. This time we walked into the Subaru side and found a salesman. We went for a test drive and the guy acted like he didn't want to be there. Looked up how much the car was worth on my smartphone and the dealership was overpriced by 1,500 from at least two sources. Tried to get the salesman to come down 1,000 and the best they could do was 300.00. The side of the car looked like someone took a hammer to it with all the dings and the interior wasn't the greatest. They let us walk out of the dealership over 600.00. The salesman had to get up and go to the sales manager twice just to knock off 300.00. I will never use Sherrett for anything. Worse car buying experience I have ever had. I went up to Massey Hyndai the next day and they gave me a great deal and great customer service. If a dealership really cared about their customers they would improve customer service and actually put forth an effort. Sharrett acts like they don't care if you would buy from them or not.

September 10, 2013

We are very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your shopping experience. We strive to always provide the best customer service. I would love to talk to you about your experience. Please feel free to contact me direct at (301) 393-4707. Chris Verno General Sales Manager

Buyer Beware

by from Hagerstown, MD |

Beware of what they don't tell you about a used vehicle. Do your research. From the top down they are not interested in customer satisfaction - once you buy they don't want to hear from you again regardless of what issues you have with the vehicle. Will not buy from them again.

worker

by from Abingdon |

I have delt with Sharrett Buick GMC on several vehicle purchases and have been 100% satisfied. You unhappy story telling customers, take a "time-out". How do you think the salesgal felt. Bad things happen at times.

poor sales tatics and dishonest

by from Hagerstown, Md. |

Test drove a 2003 tahoe with kevin jones and the a/c in rear didnt work. Told him I was interested and would come back and talk about buying if he would get the a/c fixed. Didnt get a call,I had to call. He said the shop looked at and put back out.I asked did they fix or what was wrong. He said he didnt know but if neede freon they would do if it needed anything else they wouldn't fix (really!)Told me someone else was coming to test drive (colder day ,guess they thought they could sell it without fixing)What kind of dealership does this? Even asked him to give me a call back once he knew problem. Very dishonest way of doing business! Dont like people who lie ( or intensionally leave out what they know to make a sale)

Worst Customer Service I've Ever Experienced

by from Bunker Hill, WV |

I had contacted the dealership Friday night through a request on this website. It was about a specific vehicle. I am about 40 minutes in distance from the dealership and told them I could make arrangements to come up the next day to test drive the vehicle. On Saturday my kids, husband, and I made a trip to Hagerstown to see one specific vehicle. One of the car sales(woman) had contacted me that morning, leaving me a voicemail. I called her back as we were approaching the dealership to let her know we were coming. I met with her and she said she was going to take us to a different lot where that used vehicle was. We followed her to the dealership. When we arrived she could not get the keys to open the doors to the vehicle. She had some other car salesmen try to help her. All attempts were unsuccessful. She invited us in the dealership to have hot chocolate while we waited. She stayed inside with us while a man was outside attempting to unlock the door. 1.5 hrs. went by. The entire time we were waiting she did not try to negotiate any prices, talk to us about what we were willing to buy etc. She was more interested in playing rock, papers, scissors with my son. Finally, my youngest child was getting restless and my husband suggested we leave. The sales lady told us that it would take about an hour to get the car unlocked. I told her I was very interested in that car and that we would come back. Within 20 minutes of leaving she called us and told us that it had been unlocked and that she would take the vehicle back to the main dealership where we had first met and for us to meet her there. I told her we would be there within the hour. 25 minutes later we arrived and she wasn't there. We waited while someone said they would get her. 20 minutes passed and I get a call on my cellphone from her informing me that when she went to get the vehicle someone else was being shown that minivan and that they were talking numbers. She said we could drive down there if we wanted to and look at it but that we couldn't test drive i unless the other people didn't buy it. At that point I found a manager. The dealership only apologized and did nothing to resolve the issue. We never got to see the vehicle we drove 40 minutes to see and waited 3.5 hours on. The dealership wasted our time, money, patience, and in the end we never even got to see the inside of the vehicle we came to see. My husband spoke with the manager and the sales lady that provided such poor customer service. I do not recommend this dealership and feel they have zero consideration for their customers. (We were ready to buy that vehicle, once we had seen the inside and test drove it) I will never visit this dealership again. The saleslady's name is Laura and she was wearing rainbow colored socks. She showed more interest in playing paper, rocks, scissors with my 5 year old than she did in selling us a vehicle. I cannot even believe this dealership has her employed there.