Subaru of Dayton

995 Miamisburg Centerville Rd, Washington Township, OH 45459

concerned

by from Newport, Oh |

Get this!! 8 months ago I bought 2 cars for Subaru of Dayton,1 personally and 1 I co- signed for. Asked the former finance guys there, and he looked me straight in the eyes and told me that my name would be on the title that I co signed for. They had me sign three different deals for my car while shuffling in the deal for the co- signed vehicle. 8 months later, I find out when the guy I co signed for being my brother Rob Cooper the manager of the new car sales and the former manager of Jim May and former owner of Cooper Auto Sales. REMEMBER THEM!!! Told me there was nothing I could do if he would quit making payments because my name was not on the title. So I called Subaru of Dayton told them what happened and what the former finance guy had told me about my name being on the title. Believed it or not I did get some questions answered by Chad Price. HE had informed me to call Derrik the manager. All he said was that he would talk to Rob but there was nothing he could do. REALLY! nothing could be done when the when I was told by their finance guy my name would be on the title... Now the new finance guy Walt Price, took me over 1 week to send me paperwork that I had requested from the. Was told that it got sent out on a Wednesday and still the following week I still had no paperwork. It took my wife calling him around 4 times the following week to get the paperwork faxed to us. I drive up and down I-75 8 times a day in a tractor trailer. How good is it going to look on the back of my tarp. Just Say NO to Rob at Dayton of Subaru!! And they try to say they have great Customer service Also they had installed tow hitch on my vehicle after 4 months it kept blowing a fuse. I was told by Rob that it should be covered under warranty!! Surprise it was not. Would have been nice to know that before we went to pick it up after being fixed. Instead we find out when we go to pay for the oil change that I had done while it was up there..

Most horrible car shopping experience ever!

by from Centerville Ohio |

Went to Subaru of Dayton on rainy Monday mid-day with spouse. The car we wanted to see was right inside the front doors so we went in & climbed in the car to check it out. After, we played with the cat for adoption. Eventually, someone came over to see us (there were no other customers in the store that we could tell). Person came over was extremely soft spoken. Asked why we were there. We explained we wanted to test drive the BRZ. He said he'd have to check with his supervisor, they didn't usually do test drives on the BRZ. He went & came back. Asked again why we were there today. Told him to look at this car, car-shopping. He asked if we were already pre-approved. I said, no we hadn't started that process yet, we were still looking. He asked if we'd even be approved, whether or not our credit was good.....I told him yes, but was extremely torqued at the insinuation and the line of questioning he'd just delivered us. He finally takes us on test drive, & he rides in back. Hilarious - there is no room & he gets his foot caught getting in back of car. That's exactly what he deserves. We test drive car...line of questioning has made car just average driving experience. We park, go inside, & he gives us information book on BRZ. We leave & I want to throw it in parking lot rain puddles, I'm so torqued. We go back to 2 other dealers, who were nice to us and didn't ask us questions eluding to the idea that we couldn't afford a vehicle. We went ahead & purchased a Mazda 6. No sale for you Mr. Fuchs. Not sure you should be selling cars if you can't give everyone a little respect as they come in.

THREE FOR ONE WARRENTY

by from Xenia |

I bought a 2004 sienna van and was told by Walt Price about this warrenty. Walt told me that if anything should happen to the van, window cracked, shopping carts lam against the van and causes a dent then it would be covered this warrenty. I just got a crack in the windshield and when irequested that it be replaced i was told by THREE FOR ONE that is was not covered because they do not replace windshields they fix the cracks if it does not exceed 6 inches. I bought this warrenty because Walt said he has it and he also says this is the first time he has heard of anyone having problems getting satisfaction when they had a problem with their windshield. Has anyone else had problems not getting repairs from three for one and telling Walt about it? i don't think Walt has this warrenty. WHEN WALT OR ANYONE TALKS ABOUT THREE FOR ONE PROTECTION DO NOT BUY IT AND MAYBE WALK OUT WITHOUT BUYING THE VEHICLE YOU WERE GOING TO BUY.

March 11, 2014

My name is Deric Massie, General Manager at Subaru of Dayton. I am very concerned about your recent sales experience. I can assure you that customer service is our top priority and would like to personally speak with you regarding the issues you have brought to my attention. You can reach me at 937-436-0098. Thank you.

Easy online shopping experience

by from Springboro, Ohio |

I started my car search months ago, and while most other dealers either gave me the run around or blew me off, their internet sales leader Korey Pangburn helped me every step of the way! I know I took my time to make my decision and after working with Mr. Pangburn for several months I can say that I've never been happier with a car purchase! We had everything worked out before I arrived, and all I had to do was drive the Forester and sign my name. He handled everything quickly and professionally and treated myself and my family with an enormous amount of respect. After speaking with him and several other local dealers, I confidently say that he gave me the best deal in the area, and went above and beyond what other dealers had offered to do.

Disappointed in Dayton

by from Dayton, OH |

My husband/wife and I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned Subaru Forester on August 21st from Subaru of Dayton. Our salesman, Jason was good and we were very satisfied with our purchase. After such a positive start, we never expected the disrespectful and indifferent treatment we experienced upon a return visit less than a week after our purchase. We found a well-worn, rusty nail deeply imbedded in the tread of one of our tires, and we decided to go to the dealership to see what could be done to get the car back to safe driving condition. We never asked for a new tire or even a free fix. We would have been happy if they would have offered to patch the tire for a small price. Instead they were accusatory toward us, even literally pointing a finger and saying, ?I think you did it.? When we asked when the car was last inspected, they admitted it had been 72 days since they had last looked it over. After being told there was nothing they were willing to do to even investigate our issue, we decided we would wait to speak to Operations Director, Scott Dohme. Mr. Dohme was very disrespectful, stating that the circumstances around picking up the nail didn?t really matter, because they were absolutely not going to do anything for us. He directly stated, ?I have better things to be doing today than to be talking about a tire with you guys.? After this display of rude and disrespectful behavior by their Operations Director, we will definitely not be returning to Subaru of Dayton, and we will be making sure all of our friends and family know not to do business here. We?ve found that there are other Subaru dealers in the area who don?t completely disregard the need for good customer service. DO NOT TRUST THIS DEALERSHIP WITH YOUR BUSINESS.

September 20, 2013

Hello. I would like to apologize for offending you. I can assure you that customer service is our top priority at Subaru of Dayton and I would like to personally speak with you regarding your experience. You can reach me at (937) 436-0098. -Scott Dohme, GM

Great Experience!!!

by from Dayton, OH |

Bought a Certified 2010 Impreza from Bob Dooley. Had a wonderful experience throughout the entire process. Purchased on a Saturday afternoon and they let me take the car home even without giving them the promised down payment and title for the trade-in! This was my first purchase from Subaru of Dayton, but I have a feeling it will not be the last.

July 24, 2013

I'm so thrilled to hear this! Thanks for sharing your experience! -Scott Dohme GM

Declined Warranty Repair and Numerous Defects

by from Dayton, Ohio |

28 April 2012: I purchased a new 2012 Subaru Legacy from Subaru of Dayton. When I left the dealership I notice the window tinting on the passenger's front window had a few bubbles in it and another imperfection. I brought this to the attention of the sale representative and the sales manager. The Subaru staff stated I should wait a few months before addressing this issue to see if the heat would resolve the imperfections, because the car had been inside. Throughout the first twelve months of owning this new car I have had several problems. ? Within the first week of purchasing the car, I had to return to the dealership three times as a result of numerous clerical errors made on the purchase paperwork by the dealership's staff. ? The right rear door latch broke, making it the door inoperable. The door latch was replaced ? The radio quit working and the radio was replaced. ? There were fingerprints on the inside cover of the radio display. The radio was disassembled and the fingerprints removed. ? The headliner became loose in the center rear of the car. Replacement headliner anchors were installed. ? The radio quit working again. The radio was replaced for a second time. ? Recently the car has had difficulty starting. The engine will crank repeatedly before it eventually catches and starts. When this occurs there is a strong odor of gas. ? The driver arm rests are significantly disfiguring directly underneath the location of the placement of my arms while I drive. This disfiguring is on both the center console and the driver?s door ledge. I took the car into the service department to address the following issues: starting difficulty, window tinting, and arm rest disfiguring. The service department told me they could not do anything about the staring issue until it is frequent enough that they can reproduce it at the dealership. In regard to the window tinting, they gave me the receipt from the company they had install the tinting. The dealership service staff stated I would have to deal directly with the outside company and all they could do was supply me the receipt. In regard to arm rest disfiguring, the service department indicated they determined it was not a defect; it was damaged. I asked them how they determined this considering they never consulted with me and asked me to show them the location of my arms while I drive. Their response was they had to make a determination as a corporation and they determined it was damaged. I asked the service representative to further explain this. He said, ?You have damaged it by repeatedly placing your arm on the door ledge.? I told him this was simply ridiculous. I have owned over eight different brands of cars over the past 25 years; rested my arm on the door ledge, and this is the first car to disfiguring as a result the placement of my arms on the arm rests. I further illustrated that one of those cars I actual drove for 200k miles and it never disfigured. I continued to tell him that I have had numerous problems with this car over the past twelve months and encouraged him to review my lengthy service record. His response was, ?You know they say some cars are made on Friday afternoon; perhaps this is one of those cars.? I replied, ?Yes I have heard that. However it still does not make it acceptable.? Then I asked him how I could escalate this above Subaru of Dayton. He provided me with contact information for Subaru of America and explained the process involved. After holding over 15 minutes, I spoke with a Subaru of America representative and opened a case.

Service Department

by from Fairborn, Ohio |

I've had my Outback serviced here for the last few years and have had nothing but positive experience with the staff there! Everyone is always friendly and the place is very clean. I love that they are helping the Humane Society out with the adoptions as well!

New Car

by from Dayton, Ohio |

I just purchased a new car at Subuaru of Dayton and love it. When I pulled onto the car lot i wasn't rushed by anyone and felt no stress through this process. This is the second car I have purchased at the same dealership and look forward to coming back on my next. When ever I have had any questions I'm able to reach out and have them taken care of. Thank you again for helping me find my perfect car!

Great Experience!

by from Cincinnati, Ohio |

I originally went to Kings Subaru and I got the run around about my trade, financing, just about everything! I'm very happy I made the drive to Subaru of Dayton. They gave me what I thought was fair for my trade, AND beat the Kings Subaru price!!! Dave Fuchs was my sales person and he took great care of me and my family while we were there.