Royal South Toyota Scion

Service 888-506-5443

Go South, Leave Happy

Very satisfied customer

by from Bloomington, Indiana |

My car was in the repair center unfortunately, but the young man there was wonderful from the start. He was friendly, organized, and completed his inspection quickly and efficiently and then assisted me to get a rental car through the other person's insurance company. I was out quickly and very happy. When the work on my car was completed, I was unable to pick it up due to a surgical procedure. They were happy to wait until my son could get there, inspect the repairs, and bring it home for me. Definitely great service!

Top-Notch Customer Service--Highly Impressed!

by from Bloomington, IN |

I recently got my 2011 Toyota RAV 4 back from the Royal South Collision Center, and I am incredibly impressed with the customer service I received, as well as the repairs on my vehicle. My car was damaged in a parking lot, and I was a little unsure of the process involved with filing a claim through the responsible party's insurance. Kris Todd was knowledgeable, patient, thorough, helpful, and great about keeping in touch with me through the repair process. He helped me file a claim with the responsible party's insurance and coached me over the phone as I was describing the car damage to the insurer. He contacted the rental car agency and had them come pick me up the day I left my car with Royal South. He walked me through the timeline of having the repairs done on my car. He also called me early in the day yesterday and alerted me that my car would be ready for me by the end of the day, which gave me plenty of time to make plans to get over there at 5:00pm. I would absolutely return here if I needed car repairs! I have also had equally pleasing experiences with routine maintenance done on my car in the service department. I can tell Royal South really prides itself on great customer service and convenience--for a single mom who is run ragged more often than not, that's something I really appreciated! Thanks, Royal South!

Poor Service

by from Bloomington, IN |

So I am new to Bloomington, and they have one Toyota Dealership in the Area, Royal South. I go to their Service Department to get my 5,000 mile service, which is free under Toyota Care for new vehicle owners. The 5,000 service consists of an oil change, tire rotation, and 15 point vehicle check. The service advisor tell me one hour. Takes 1 1/2 hour but no big deal, they have free Wi-Fi. Service advisor goes over what was done, good to go. Pick up the truck, no free Car Wash, wow that is standard customer care in San Diego where I bought the vehicle. One week later, I get a call from the dealership, SORRY, we forgot to change your oil, the mechanic thought you had synthetic oil, so we didn't do an oil change. Come back in and we'll do the oil change. So its Veterans Day, my day to relax, but I have to go back to the dealership for the oil change. OK, I go early and get it done. Tell the Service Advisor I would like to talk to the Manager about them not changing my oil on the first visit. So they change the oil, Jason gives me the speel about new mechanics and their sorry. Pick up the truck, go back inside, tell Jason could I at least have a complimentary car wash. Sure we can do that Mister Spencer. So they spray off my truck, don't wipe it down, looks worse than it did without the wash. Jason did offer me a free oil change in the future, but with Toyota care that's free the first 2 years. All this after also spending 400 dollars in their parts dept. for my new oval side steps. Basically the dealership is a nice facility, but their customer service is terrible. Jason needs some remedial training on CS. I will not go back, use a dealership in Martinsville or Indy since my son lives there. 180 degrees difference from the care I received in CA. They basically don't care if you come back or not.

November 14, 2014

Dear Mr. Spencer, First, want to apologize without reservation for your service experiences with us on November 1st and again on November 11th. You've clearly outlined your concerns and we're using your dealer review as a learning tool for the benefit of our service advisors and technicians and also to ensure that your 10K service visit will be seamless and truly exceptional. Want to thank you for bringing your new Tacoma to Royal South for your first prepaid service and also want to welcome you to South Central Indiana and to the Royal family. Our daily mission is to provide truly exceptional customer service to each of our Royal South customers -- sales, service, parts, or collision center. We value you as our customer and will do everything we can to earn your respect, trust, and loyalty moving forward. We hope you're really enjoying your new Tacoma and we look forward to serving you again! Thanks again and hope you and yours have a great Holiday Season!! Mark Mark Zacharias Customer Relations Manager Royal South Toyota/Scion & Mazda/Volvo 812-339-1161 mzacharias@royalsouth.com

Poor Customer Service

by from Jeffersonville, IN |

Drove over 75 miles one way to look at a 2001 Rav4. When I arrived salesman was with someone else despite expecting my arrival. Another salesman was asked to help me. Vehicle was not pulled up, I had to walk to some back lot where salesman barely backed it out got me to see. Vehicle was dirty inside, animal hair everywhere. After agreeing to a test drive, salesman said I would need to wait while he put gas in the car. After waiting 10 minutes or so I decided to leave. As I was preparing to drive away salesman came back and asked if I still wanted the rest drive, I replied no. So he just went back inside. I don't know if I would gave received better customer service if I had not been a minority female. All money spends the same despite skin color. If this dealership was giving cars away I would NOT patronize it. Very very POOR customer service.

June 18, 2014

Dear A.W. from Jeffersonville, Royal South Toyota/Scion is committed to providing truly exceptional customer service for each and every one of our customers (sales, service, parts, or body shop). Everyone is welcome here at Royal South and we will do our very best for you. Our mission statement reflects our values: "Our sales department has one purpose: to exceed your expectations from test drive to delivery. Our professional sales team is committed to a no-pressure, high integrity approach to your ownership experience. Our goal is for you to feel that the vehicle you drive away in is the perfect one for you." We want to extend a personal invitation to contact us again and to come for another visit so that we can provide you with a truly exceptional customer experience along with the Toyota that is just right for you. We have 6 outstanding pre-owned Rav4s currently in stock. Best wishes from all of us here at Royal South Toyota/Scion! You are welcome to contact me at any time: Mark Zacharias Customer Relations Manager 812-339-1161 (ask for Mark) mzacharias@royalsouthc.om

Poor service from parts department

by from Cupertino, CA |

I bought a car part from this guys and wrong item has been shipped due to miscommunication. Initially they accepted to exchange the part with the right but later they refused to exchange. They charged their high shipping fee. If you want to exchange the part for some reason be careful with this guys

May 16, 2014

Dear Charie, Want to apologize for the miscommunication about the arm-rest you needed for your Avalon. We're always happy to exchange parts that are ordered online -- when they turn out not to be correct. We work very hard to ensure the right parts are shipped each and every time. We're committed to providing truly exceptional customer service; and again, we want to apologize that this transaction didn't work as seamlessly as it should have. Our Parts Manager has confirmed that you have received a full refund and we'll be happy to help you in the future should you need to order another part from us. Please feel free to contact me at any time with any concerns, suggestions, or other feedback you may have. Best wishes, Mark Mark Zacharias Customer Relations Manager Royal South Toyota/Scion & Mazda/Volvo 812-339-1161 mzacharias@royalsouth.com

Great engine service and past body work

by from Bloomington, IN |

We had an excellent experience with your service department last week, just as we had with your body shop service years ago when a collision shop could not correctly fix damage to our 1995 Lexus, which still looks good and is running strong with our son at almost 250,000 miles as we enjoy our second Lexus.

Just do what you tell me you're going to do!

by from Bloomington, IN |

We were there for almost 2 hours after we were told it would take an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. They said they washed the car, but didn't, and I asked them to check on any recalls and there wasn't any word about that when all was done. Then, the Customer Relations Manager sends an email out saying we might get a survey and if we can't give them truly exceptional satisfaction scores, notify him right away. So I responded to his email about this experience. That was on Dec. 26. Still no response. Received no survey either. I guess this is the way they receive 'Reader's Choice' Awards. Shove the bad ones under the rug. I owned 2 Toyota's. I recently traded one for a Nissan and looks like when the other one is ready to be traded, it will be something else also. But hey, guess they don't care.

January 29, 2014

Want to apologize for falling short on your service experience back in December. Our goal, every day, is to provide truly exceptional service from reception to delivery (and beyond) -- for each and every one of our customers here at Royal South Toyota Scion. We're reviewing your concerns carefully and also checking on your survey invitation; and will do our very best to make things right. We will get right back with you and look forward to serving you again!! Mark Customer Relations Manager Royal South Toyota Scion

two thumbs up

by from Bloomington,Indiana |

A great team of ethical professionals. I highly recommend this dealership.

7 years of bad service

by from Bedford Indiana |

I have taken my 2006 Toyota Avalon Limited to this dealer for service since its the only one within about 50 miles. First time they shorted me a quart of oil only to find out they didn't know it held 6 quarts in this car. Over the years it was dirty finger prints on the hood or door after an oil change and then a big dirty foot print left on the drivers side carpet. The service manager took car of that himself. Now the latest was the cabin air filter needed replacement and the tech left dirty hand prints on the glove box door along with a noise in the fan motor when its on high that wasn't there before. They also cleaned the battery terminals and left acid all over the left side of my engine. I called the next day and told the service writer what had happened and he said to bring it in and they would look at it. I get a call from Chris the service manager telling me not to come back as they don't need my business. I called the Toyota company line and file a complaint and I should have saved my breath. I thought I would give them one last chance and called to talk to the dealer ship manager and he was out on Fridays. I did talk to a Brian Fiegle and he says to give him a few days and bring it in and he would take care of it personally. Never got another call telling me to come in and I think others should know how they treat a customer over 7 years of time.

Great Experience

by from Bloomington |

I have purchased several cars from Royal Toyota over the years and can not complain about the customer service. The staff is excellent and makes buying the car an enjoyable process. Maintenance has been good over the years as well.

So far so good!

by from Bloomington, IN |

So far so good. The purchase process, customer service, and quality of work done have been top-notch thus far! Will continue to go back...