Cooper Motors Lincoln

985 York St, Hanover, PA 17331

New 866-448-7617 New 866-448-7617
Used 866-448-6733 Used 866-448-6733
Service 866-448-9563 Service 866-448-9563

Cooper Motors Lincoln, offering non-commissioned salespeople and a pressure free experience for 70 years

Great customer service.

by from Rochester, NY |

In June of this year, I purchased a used 2008 Mazda Miata from Cooper motors. I talked with Doug several times via e-mail and phone, and drove from upstate NY to purchase the car, sight unseen. (except for the dealer photo's) I could not have been happier with the car. It looked and drove great. Just put it away for it's long winter nap, and can't wait for spring so I can take off that cover and fire it up again.

Wonderful Car Buying Experience

by from Morrison, TN |

We searched on line for a new or a low Mileage Lincoln MKC that was certified pre-owned. Cooper Motors was the only dealer that had the exact car we were looking for. We contacted the dealership through email and Douglas called to give information on the MKC. I explained to him that I had a severe hearing loss and needed to communicate by email. He understood and we communicated for two weeks about the vehicle, the value of the trade we had and what the CPO covered. Since it is over 600 miles to the dealership, we established a time to view and drive the car. When we arrived Douglas, told us the car was ready and took us out to the car, explained how the drive and technology system worked and told us a route we could take that would involve curves, rough road, and city driving. After driving the car, we reviewed the agreed upon trade value, the full aspects of the CPO warranty and with no pressure at all, my wife and I privately conversed about buying the car. We decided to buy and were pleasantly surprised that that we were not transferred to another person. There were no hidden unexplained fees and no attempt to sell any other services or additional accessory products. The experience was quite enjoyable and although this dealership is over night trip from our home, the next time we purchase, we will definitely contact this dealer before buying. Everything was above board with no pressure in any way whatsoever. Cooper Motors does business the old fashioned way with integrity and respect. We highly recommend this dealership for local or internet buying.

Friendly Family owned Business

by from Morrison TN |

Our experience with Cooper Motors was one of complete satisfaction. We had searched over the internet for a low mileage 2015 Lincoln MKC AWD with a specific exterior color, interior color, and with specific packages that was Certified Pre-owned.. We found several much closer to us than the one at Cooper Motors, but my communication with Douglas allowed us to obtain all of the information needed with no pressure and no threats of a price increase if we did not make a deposit immediately. After a couple of weeks of online communication (I have a severe hearing loss), I sent him the VIN of our car and the mileage and gave him the car's condition, he gave me a tentative trade quote within a five hundred dollar range...At that point we scheduled a day to be at the dealership to view and test drive the MKC. Two days before we were supposed to arrive at Cooper Motors, we had a family emergency. I talked with Douglas and explained the situation to him and explained we would be up to 9 days later arriving and if he sold the car before we could get there (2 days driving) just call my cell. Douglas said that since we had expressed an interest in the car, he would hold the car for us until we got there and if we chose not to buy it, that would not be an issue. When we arrived, we were immediately give access to the MKC to view and ask various questions. No pressure at all. No hurry at all. After Douglas explained how the car operated, We test drove the car for several miles and returned to discuss the final details. After some private discussion with my wife, we decided to purchase the car. The paperwork was done in a timely manner with no surprise costs. After the purchase, I asked for one more final detail to be done to the car...which was done ASAP at no cost to us. This is a third generation family owned business with family members in both sales and service. Business is done the old fashioned way with respect and courtesy. I would highly recommend this dealership to anyone interested in quality vehicles and courteous service. The next time I purchase a vehicle, I will certainly give Cooper Motors a chance to get the vehicle I want to buy.

Good email experience .

by from Blandon,PA |

My email was answered promptly, which resulted in a quick back n forth email exchange. I got the info I needed.

Truly an all around WONDERFUL Experience!

by from York, PA |

After recently being in an accident, and unsure of whether or not my car was going to be repairable, the staff of Cooper Motors was there to help every step of the way. Their genuine caring customer-satisfaction approach is unlike any other car dealership/buying experience my husband or I have ever had. It was quite impressive to learn that the staff does not work off commission, because they want to ensure that everyone on their staff works together as a team, and focuses primarily on the customer's ideals. I am an extremely picky purchaser, and had exactly in mind the make and model of the vehicle, and all the specs (low mileage, sun-roof, leather seats, park assist, etc.) you could think of in mind that I wanted when purchasing my next car. Never once did they challenge the expectations I had in mind (like other nearby dealerships), but instead worked hard to find, and meet the ideals I had in mind for my new vehicle. I have had my new Escape for 3 days now, and it is just as wonderful as promised! Thank you Cooper Motors for everything you have done! You have been excellent to work with, and I would truly recommend you to anyone!

Honest, Fair, Courteous, Respectful of ALL People

by from Glenville, PA |

I am writing this long overdue review to say thank you so much, Cooper Motors. My parents have had a very long-standing relationship with Cooper Motors from purchasing vehicles, maintenance, inspection - you name it. My dad passed and my mom continues her long-standing relationship with Cooper Motors. Not only do they go above and beyond for my mom but they are aware of her needs. After servicing my mom's car, they took it upon themselves to drive mom's vehicle back to her house. She was thrilled - again. I cannot express how appreciative I am of the respect and genuine appreciation that they have for their customers regardless of age. Years ago, I took my fourteen year old car to Cooper Motors for basic maintenance. Note: I live and work in Baltimore, MD and the prices quoted for the same work in Baltimore were several hundred dollars more. The Cooper Motors' mechanics called me into the service area to show me the underneath of my vehicle. It was completely rusted. I was very fortunate not to have fallen through the vehicle. NONE of the mechanics in Baltimore City ever pointed this out but they sure were willing to do basic maintenance on a car that would have never passed inspection AND charge me to boot. Cooper Motors could have completed the work I requested, billed me and sent me on my way but they are HONEST. I never forgot my experience at Cooper Motors. So, regardless of your age, male or female, you will be treated in an honest and fair manner. Therein lies the difference between Cooper Motors and other dealerships.

Not happy

by from Hanover, PA |

I purchased a used Chevrolet Tahoe In feb of this year, and due to a broken ankle, was not able to look it over as well as I should have, The truck has several problems, some even relating to inspection items { It came with a brand new inspection sticker] I took it in for repairs within the warranty period, only to hear that most of the items that were broken from day one, were not covered. There were only 3 items that were covered, and only one of them was actually fixed. It took 3 visits and almost a month without my truck, to get it back in good enough condition to drive it. I didn't get a loaner as promised in the warranty. Now the warranty is out, and I have a truck needing over a thousand dollars in parts.[ I'm a mechanic over 25 years, so I'm providing all the labor] I have heard of the great reputation of this dealer, but have not experienced that at all. I would not deal with Cooper Motors in Hanover Pa again.

Cooper Motors Lincoln responded to this review

June 28, 2014

Kevin, thank you for recounting your concerns pertaining to the 1999 Chevy Tahoe you purchased with 135,472 miles for $4,032.03 with a 3 month warranty on February 15th. We've been in business for 70 years as a family owned and operated Lincoln dealership. Our reputation is everything to us. For that reason, we took care of 5 separate items at a cost to us of $777.57, all of which were brought to our attention AFTER your warranty expired. You were offered a loaner but didn't take us up on that offer. We replaced your steering box, your thermostat, 4 bolts you requested be replaced, your door handle was replaced, and a bypass kit for your power steering were all installed AFTER your warranty expired out of good will. The only item we didn't replace was a window switch that was working when we looked at it for you(a non-inspection item). These repairs took place on 5-27-14, 6-2-14, and 6-9-14. Your warranty expired 5-15-14. As a mechanic you know, given the age of the vehicle, mechanical failures can and will occur at any time without prior indication or notice. We make every effort to preinspect each vehicle we sell to ensure what we're selling is quality and for that reason, we stand behind each vehicle we sell with our own in house warranty. We won't sell anything we wouldn't feel comfortable selling to a friend or family member. That's the high standard we hold ourselve to. We feel we went above and beyond to satisfy your conerns as we do for every customer, expecially given the fact your warranty had expired. We value every customer and hope this helps bring to light the positive experience we gave you despite any obligation to do so.

dealer/purchase review

by from Hanover, Pa |

This is the second car we have purchased from Cooper Motors in 7 months. Great experience, everyone is very helpfull in the process. Would recommend this dealer to anyone.

Best place on the East Coast to buy a car!!

by from Mercersburg, PA |

After 3 months of terrible sales tactics and lies at dealerships from NC to MA, I was unbelievably surprised by Cooper Motors!! What a great place to buy a car. From the first phone call with Doug Cooper, I was impressed with the customer service, honesty, and fair prices! My wife and I took the two hour drive to Hanover, PA and just as promised the car I called about was waiting for a test drive. We got an extremely fair deal on a fantastic car and we couldn't be happier with the whole process. It was the only time in our car search that we left the dealership with smiles on outfaced. I cannot recommend these guys enough!! Go here first, and you won't need to go anywhere else!!

Excellent Buying Experience

by from Sterling, VA |

The drive from DC to Hanover, PA was worth it for me. I appreciate the family oriented service from Doug Cooper and the pain-free sales cycle.