Cooper Motors Lincoln

985 York Street, Hanover, PA 17331

New 877-707-3399
Used 855-237-3550
Service 877-503-8874

Come let our non-commission, haggle, and pressure free salespeople give you the best car buying experience.

Not happy

by from Hanover, PA |

I purchased a used Chevrolet Tahoe In feb of this year, and due to a broken ankle, was not able to look it over as well as I should have, The truck has several problems, some even relating to inspection items { It came with a brand new inspection sticker] I took it in for repairs within the warranty period, only to hear that most of the items that were broken from day one, were not covered. There were only 3 items that were covered, and only one of them was actually fixed. It took 3 visits and almost a month without my truck, to get it back in good enough condition to drive it. I didn't get a loaner as promised in the warranty. Now the warranty is out, and I have a truck needing over a thousand dollars in parts.[ I'm a mechanic over 25 years, so I'm providing all the labor] I have heard of the great reputation of this dealer, but have not experienced that at all. I would not deal with Cooper Motors in Hanover Pa again.

Cooper Motors Lincoln responded to this review

June 28, 2014

Kevin, thank you for recounting your concerns pertaining to the 1999 Chevy Tahoe you purchased with 135,472 miles for $4,032.03 with a 3 month warranty on February 15th. We've been in business for 70 years as a family owned and operated Lincoln dealership. Our reputation is everything to us. For that reason, we took care of 5 separate items at a cost to us of $777.57, all of which were brought to our attention AFTER your warranty expired. You were offered a loaner but didn't take us up on that offer. We replaced your steering box, your thermostat, 4 bolts you requested be replaced, your door handle was replaced, and a bypass kit for your power steering were all installed AFTER your warranty expired out of good will. The only item we didn't replace was a window switch that was working when we looked at it for you(a non-inspection item). These repairs took place on 5-27-14, 6-2-14, and 6-9-14. Your warranty expired 5-15-14. As a mechanic you know, given the age of the vehicle, mechanical failures can and will occur at any time without prior indication or notice. We make every effort to preinspect each vehicle we sell to ensure what we're selling is quality and for that reason, we stand behind each vehicle we sell with our own in house warranty. We won't sell anything we wouldn't feel comfortable selling to a friend or family member. That's the high standard we hold ourselve to. We feel we went above and beyond to satisfy your conerns as we do for every customer, expecially given the fact your warranty had expired. We value every customer and hope this helps bring to light the positive experience we gave you despite any obligation to do so.

dealer/purchase review

by from Hanover, Pa |

This is the second car we have purchased from Cooper Motors in 7 months. Great experience, everyone is very helpfull in the process. Would recommend this dealer to anyone.

Best place on the East Coast to buy a car!!

by from Mercersburg, PA |

After 3 months of terrible sales tactics and lies at dealerships from NC to MA, I was unbelievably surprised by Cooper Motors!! What a great place to buy a car. From the first phone call with Doug Cooper, I was impressed with the customer service, honesty, and fair prices! My wife and I took the two hour drive to Hanover, PA and just as promised the car I called about was waiting for a test drive. We got an extremely fair deal on a fantastic car and we couldn't be happier with the whole process. It was the only time in our car search that we left the dealership with smiles on outfaced. I cannot recommend these guys enough!! Go here first, and you won't need to go anywhere else!!

Excellent Buying Experience

by from Sterling, VA |

The drive from DC to Hanover, PA was worth it for me. I appreciate the family oriented service from Doug Cooper and the pain-free sales cycle.