Troy Ford, Inc.

3230 S County Road 25a, Troy, OH 45373

New 866-597-8869
Used 888-232-1406
Service 888-319-3840

"Home of the Taylor Made Deal!"

Great Deal and experience

by from Grove City, Ohio |

We brought a 2012 Fusion from Troy Ford and the experience was one of the best in my life. Troy Ford is 70 miles from us in Grove City and it was well worth the drive. Our saleman was Pat Martin and he was a great saleman . He knew his product and went over the car in detail with us. I love the car and will tell everyone about our dealing with Troy Ford. Thanks so much. George and Darlene Haines

Poor service

by from Troy, oh |

My wife?s car was caught in a flash flood on May 21, 2014. I had the car towed to Troy Ford, who unfortunately was too busy to be able to fix it. Insurance suggested sending it to a body shop to repair water damage to the passenger compartment. Unfortunately, they didn?t inspect the car well enough to find that the engine block had 2 holes in it before they completed the repairs to the interior. Thus the car had to have the engine replaced and it was sent back to Troy Ford for that repair. On Thursday, June 19, 2014, the insurance company told me I needed to call Troy Ford and authorize them to pick up the car from the body shop. Instead, I left work and drove the approximately 3 miles to the dealer, where I contacted Justin Miller, the service rep. Justin said he couldn?t get started on the car until late the next week, unless he had a cancellation. Since I had requested the option of a new engine from the insurance, I would be responsible for a charge of $609.32. He said the engine was in stock and he could probably have it the next day or, at most, the day after. He said an engine replacement was a 15-16 hour job. I asked if I needed to sign anything giving them permission to pick up the car. ?No?, he said as he printed the instructions/order from the insurance company, ?I have everything I need right here.? On Friday, June 27, I stopped to see if they had started on the car and he informed me that he didn?t have the engine yet. When I said I thought the engine was in stock, he said, ?Parts take what they take to be delivered. I can?t put parts I don?t have on a car.? I called the insurance company to find out what was going on and had to leave a message. On Monday, June 30, Insurance informed me they called Justin and got the same message. They then called Troy Ford parts department asking where the engine was. Parts Department told them they didn?t have an order for an engine. Subsequently, we found out that he not only hadn?t ordered the engine, but that he hadn?t even picked up the car. So, I guess he can?t put parts he doesn?t have, on a car he doesn?t have. Even if he had a cancellation, he couldn?t work on a car he doesn?t have. This was a 10 day delay! I checked multiple times, every week, on what progress was being made. I was given promise after promise of ?late next week? of ?sometime next week.? However, they just kept finding parts that needed to be replaced, transmission, starter, alternator and finally AC compressor. My vacation was approaching and I informed them when, and for how long, I would be leaving town. ?No problem, we should have it done in plenty of time.? Checked on Thursday, July 17 and was told by Mike Despain, Service Manager, that the last part they needed was the compressor and they were waiting for insurance to approve it. Called insurance, they hadn?t been contacted yet. Checked again on Tuesday, July 22 and Justin informed me that the company they were getting the compressor from wanted $100 to ship it and Troy Ford didn?t want to pay for it. They were thinking about sending someone to pick it up, (south of Dayton.) Reminded Justin I was leaving on vacation on July 25. ?Shouldn?t be a problem?, was the reply. Needless to say, car wasn?t done before vacation but, I did receive a call on Thursday, July 31 that the car was complete, (I was in Wyoming at the time!) It only took 6 weeks! When I went to pick the car up upon my return, I asked Mike if he could give me a discount on the engine since I had to wait 6 weeks for the car. Answer, ?No, I?ve already discounted this job too much for the insurance company.? ?But, you took 6 weeks?, I said. And then the following: ?Not our fault, it was all the insurance company?s fault.? ?But, you didn?t even order the engine for 10 days.? ?No, the insurance company was supposed to get us an engine.? ?They ordered it from you!? ?No, they were supposed to get us one.? ?But you didn?t even pick up the car for 10 days!? ?They were supposed

Treated me well, Knew the product, Fair Pricing

by from Dayton, Ohio |

I contacted Troy Ford based on an internet ad with AutoTrader. Initially spoke with Carrie. She took my name and within 30 min. Shawn called me. We exchanged a few email messages. Shawn went out and examined the used Honda as my "surrogate." He did this two or three times over a 2 hour period. Shawn fed me information on the Honda I was interested in. He "looked" at it for me. Each of Shawn's emails was descriptive and positive. We decided the next step was for me to drive to Troy Ford to test drive the car. By the time I arrived, Shawn had obviously done some "home work" and was prepared to tell me about the car that was for sale. The negotiating team (including Shawn & Kieth) was fair and worked with me. I appreciated that. I decided to purchase the Honda the evening of my original visit. I believe Shawn did an excellent job for me and for Troy Ford. Ed (in finance) was brief and courteous. presented options, but did not "push" anything. I appreciated that. Overall the experience was A+ Regards, Carl B.

Great Place !

by from Troy, Ohio |

Joe was very knowledgeable about our F150 and very helpful. Took time to explain about the towing package for our travel trailer and the weight capacity. We are very pleased with the way we were treated. Made us feel very confident in our purchase.

Troy Ford is great!

by from Xenia, OH |

I bought my 2011 Ford Fusion SEL one year ago. Mike Gorman was my consultant. He was friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. My experience at Troy Ford has been excellent. I drive 36 miles from my home to do business there. I am very pleased with my Fusion. It is a great car, good on gas, comfortable for both my wife and me, and fun to drive. Also, I appreciate how I was treated in negotiating my trade. I have returned three times for service and was pleased each time. I would recommend Troy Ford for sales and service.

Great service!!

by from Troy, Ohio |

I've bought 2 cars from Troy Ford and both times have been pleasant experiences. Not only have I purchased cars from Troy Ford but I've had my vehicle serviced several times in their service center. I always leave happy. I highly suggest Troy Ford if you're in the market for a new or used vehicle. The staff is knowledgeable and courteous!!

Troy Ford Rocks!!!

by from Troy, Ohio |

I have bought 2 cars from Troy Ford and have used there service center many times. I have always had a pleasant experience each time I have been there. The staff is knowledgeable and courteous. I highly recommend Troy Ford for either purchasing a new car or having your current vehicle serviced.

Great dealership!

by from tipp city ohio |

Always knowledgeable and friendly. Wonderful with children. Quick oil changes too! Highly recommend!

No respect for the customer whatsoever.

by from Cincinnati, OH |

I made a Friday morning appointment to test drive a low-mileage used truck. Due to the distance, I had to take that day off work. A salesman was supposed to call the night before to answer some questions before I made the trip. No salesman called, so I called the dealership. Turns out: A) They had no record of the appointment and B) the vehicle was not even on the lot. What if I had driven up there in expectation of seeing the truck and taking the test drive? Turns out the "sales manager" took it home for a three-day weekend to use for hauling a heavy trailer about 200 miles. They told me that I could come to see the truck on Monday. Sorry, I had an appointment for Friday and I took a vacation day! The dealership had no desire and made no effort to return the truck to the lot in order to keep the previously set Friday appointment. Supposedly the truck was being used for charity because the "owner is a good guy who does a lot for the community." That's nice, but that does not excuse broken appointments and wasting customers' time. Not to mention, why would I want to buy a "one owner" used vehicle that they have been loaning out to random charity organizations for heavy towing duty by people who may not know how to properly tow without overloading the transmission? Probably one of the most unprofessional experiences I have ever encountered with any dealer. I am sure that Ford Motor Company does not look kindly on this type of shoddy operating by their dealers.

Troy Ford, Inc. responded to this review

August 20, 2013

After investigating this review, Troy Ford has determined that the situation described is pretty accurate in regards to the events that occurred with the customer setting an appointment to view a particular pre-owned truck that was in inventory. The potential customer did call and make an appointment for that Friday. The customer was also told that a product specialist from the dealership would fulfill the customer's request and call them at 7:00pm. This confirmation call was scheduled by our business development center who receives the initial contact from the customer. The initial contact from the customer was at 9:55 am and on the same day at 7:00pm was scheduled for a confirmation call from the product specialist. At approximately 7:30pm of the same day (Thursday), the customer did in fact call Troy Ford. The product specialist who was assigned the confirmation call was involved in a prior appointment that had taken significantly more time than initially intended. The product specialist apologized for not having called the customer. At that point it was discovered that this particular vehicle in fact had been loaned out to move a horse trailer. This was purely coincidental and could have in fact been any truck in our inventory, but it had been this one this time. Troy Ford had completed our conversations with this customer by approximately 8:00pm that same evening in a very professional manner. Troy Ford reduced this vehicle online significantly the day prior to the customer contacting us. We realized that we did not have it here upon confirmation of the appointment, nor was it going to be here the next day for the customer's appointment. We offered to lower it even further as a gesture to move the appointment to Monday of the following week. The customer replied with "no". The confusion from Troy Ford regarding this customer's review is the following: This particular vehicle is a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle with more than 60,000 miles worth of warranty left on the vehicle including the transmission. We expressed this to the customer to help them realize that even if it was being loaned out and came back with any problem, it was backed by Ford Motor Company's warranty. A one owner vehicle that is loaned out or being used by someone else does not make it a multiple owner vehicle. Furthermore, we may or may not have known whether this vehicle's original owner knew how to trailer tow or whether that owner never used it for anything other than driving around the family. The customer knew prior to 8:30pm the night before a vacation day was scheduled to view this truck. Although we feel responsible in not having this vehicle immediately available to them, we feel that it was still an ample amount of time to prepare themselves to work the following day instead of a vacation day. The customer never drove to Troy Ford. This all occurred the night before. We are not a company that represents no fault or dishonest answers. We did not call the customer. The customer called us. We failed to deliver to the customer, but were for reasons as described above, rather than simply dropping the ball or disregarding the customer. We did not have the truck here for immediate delivery or test driving. Again, we failed to deliver to the customer's expectations. We, however, feel that this review is a little misleading to the general public. Our dealership's commitment to our community and the people of it, in which we serve, are second to none. It was random, sporadic, and coincidental that this particular truck wouldn't be back to us until after the weekend. We apologized for any inconvenience to the customer. We offered to compensate for the inconvenience by lowering the price even further, in exchange for an appointment the following Monday. Finally, our sales management staff called to speak directly with the customer the very next morning, to which they received no answer and no returned call.

Great deal and great service

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

I did my Internet shopping and Troy Ford came up with the best price for the car that I wanted. There even was a $1,000.00 off the listed price for the three year old car that just happened to come my way to top off the great price. These folks were not pushy regarding a service contract, I just said no. The entire buying process just only took about 90 minutes, and we drove away very satisfied customers. There was daily email support as well from a nice woman named Carrie that was just great. Irvin Wallace was my salesperson and things went very great from start to finish on a busy Saturday.