Subaru Of Champaign County

Subaru Of Champaign County

1402 North Dunlap, Savoy, IL 61874

New 888-712-7117
Used 888-395-3667

"Saturns to Drive on Route 45"

Do not shop here!

by from Coal City, IL |

The General Manager of this facility needs some customer service training! Unfortunately, this dealer was the only dealer in the state that had the car with the color and options that I wanted on a Legacy. They refused to do a dealer trade with my local dealer so I contacted them and arranged to buy it from them. I really wanted to come down on Saturday, but the GM said he needed the car off his lot before the end of the month. I reluctantly agreed and put down my deposit and made arrangements to pick it up on Tuesday. Prior to picking it up, I found another car with the same options and called to cancel the transaction at Champaign County and get my deposit back. The GM insisted it was non-refundable, well brush up on your Consumer Protection Laws prior to going here, because I found out that because I did not sign a contract it IS REFUNDABLE!! It is illegal for them to keep a deposit if no contract is signed!!! I did not find this out until after I made the 100 mile trek down there to pick it up in a horrible storm. And they would not even throw in a cargo mat or all-weather mats to show their appreciation for me taking this car off their lot for April (since it had been sitting there with no interest since March). The GM did not even bother to come out and shake my hand and say thank you for buying the car, all we got was a casual wave on our entrance! Definitely did not feel like a valued customer by this dealership!

Subaru Of Champaign County responded to this review

May 1, 2014

We delivered the customer's desired car at the agreed upon price with the agreed upon accessories on the date suggested by the customer. On the day of the scheduled delivery, the customer attempted to renegotiate the deal. We politely but firmly declined. That appears to be the source of the customer's dissatisfaction. We fulfilled every commitment we made and are disappointed that the customer feels we treated her poorly simply because we expected the same in return.

The Best of the Best

by from Shelbyville, IL |

In January we were looking to trade in my wife's 2007 Sport Trac - we knew we wanted to stay AWD and get better than 30MPG... We visited Subaru of Champaign where we met what later would become a good friend, and our Salesman, Chuck Danowitz. We told Chuck what we were looking for, and he steered us to the 2011 Outback. We liked it well enough, but wished to explore other options. Chuck was ZERO PRESSURE and very accomodating. After looking at other dealerships we returned and traded the Sport Trac for a 2.5i Limited Outback... We took it on a trip to Florida in February... upon our return I was so impressed I traded my 2008 Dodge Ram for an Identical (Other than Color)Outback for myself... Subaru of Champaign County has my vote for Dealership of the Year, with Chuck Danowitz being Salesman of the Decade! Awesome Dealership - Outstanding Service with an Ambiance second to none!