Family Ford

170 York Rd, Carlisle, PA 17013

Used 717-249-2215

Brawny Great American Worker Winner got her truck!

by from Pittsburgh, Pa |

I am the Brawny Great American Worker 2012 winner of a nationwide search for contestants. I live in Pa, and felt very proud to represent all the hard working people of our state. I had won monies to purchase a Ford F-150. This was the most fitting prize for the contest. What could be more American than getting a Ford Truck!!! As part of the contest, there is an prize consultant that either lets you get the vehicle for yourself or arranges the purchase for you. So overwhelmed, I had taken them up on the offer and hoped for the best. The prize consultant had arranged for the truck through a local dealership in my area. An STX that was stripped for full market price. Livid, I had gotten the funds paid for the truck arranged refunded. Customer Service law of 4/10 ( for every good experience you tell 4 people, for every bad you tell 10) and said I would make sure it wouldn't be 10 that would be expressed but 1000. Now it was up to me to find the truck. Yet I in all the years I have had to buy a vehicle in my life, this was the most difficult search I have ever encountered. Dealerships today are not as customer friendly nor forthright as they once used to be. I began a two month search for the vehicle, and was so frustrated, I was fully prepared to forfeit the prize itself, such was my experience in dealing with the salesmen and women. It was the last day of XLT incentives, the model I wanted: I had called around, doing my shopping on line.I finally called Family Ford and spoke to a Terry Millman, internet manager of his dealership. His demeanor was totally different than what I had experienced from any other dealership I had contacted. There was no games, he used "trust building" instead, the same tools as a nurse like myself has to use when we interact with patients in regards to their health care and their lives. I knew two minutes with talking to him that this was the dealership that was going to come through. Much to my surprise and relief, I just secured the prize winning truck for the contest. Yet Terry possessed on additional tool that no other dealer I spoke to had, this fantastic calming conversational aura that pretty much relieved my anxieties about purchasing a vehicle. When I met him, I was so very surprised that he was as young as he was, for I had imagined a much older man, the "grandfather" type who was ready to tell me all about his oldest grandson in college.My 3 year old grand daughter still remembers him and wants to know if we can see Terry again! (According to her, it was his truck until he gave it to her! "My Truck") When you can get a tiny child to trust you, this alone speaks volumes! What they claim at Family Ford about being laid back and a family is very, very true. The Truth: Terry Millman is the Great American Ford Salesman! Every one there was like dealing with a family member. Soft spoken, kind, sweet. They really are a family! The dealership showroom has antique Ford vehicles to look at and admire. It was like going to a mini car museum! There was no pressure to be offered additional "items', classic of what every dealership does, straight forward, simple and quick. Beautiful! If you are looking for a Ford vehicle in the state of Pa, you do not have to look any further than Family Ford. I had several large dealerships to pick from locally in my area, and called around to every dealership in the state and surrounding states like Ohio, Virginia, and Maryland. None of them compared to the experience and service I met with Family Ford. It was worth the road trip, worth the wait, and definitely worth meeting Terry Millman. Do yourself a favor (and frustration) and just start your search at Family Ford. This is the dealership that the Brawny Great American Worker of 2012 chose out of all the dealerships in the state to get her F-150. You should go there too!!!! Godspeed in your search for your Ford vehicle.

Great service!!!

by from New Cumberland, PA |

I feel that nowadays people are more apt to send e-mails and post reviews after a bad experience or if they feel they've been wronged. This is not one of those e-mails. On 12-22-12 I purchased a used vehicle from your Family Ford. I can't say enough about how well I was treated. I feel that Terry went above and beyond to make sure that I got the vehicle I wanted, and that I was happy with the purchase. Not to mention working around my schedule to contact me and coming in on his day off to complete the paperwork. Stacy worked her magic to get me financed at an awesome rate with VERY manageable monthly payments. I was impressed from the word go with these two, and I think their performance speaks volumes for the dealership. Based on this experience, I will definitely buy from Family Ford in the future.

Happy with Family Ford

by from Carlisle, PA |

We recently shopped for a new car and were very pleased with the way our business was handled and Family Ford. Terry was very helpful, and helped us get a great deal. The woman in finance was fantastic also. We are happy with the new Focus we purchased and have recommended this dealership to others.

My experience with Family Ford

by from Carlisle, PA |

The salesman (Terry) was very helpful and very knowledgeable about the car we were buying (Focus). He did his very best to get us a good deal, and he answered all my questions honestly and completely. The lady who did the finance work was the same way. We had a great experience at Family and we have recommended this dealership to others.

A repeat customer

by from Mount Holly Springs, PA |

This is my 3rd time back at Family Ford, and I only deal with Terry Millman, a sales associate there. He has repeatedly given me the best deal he can, and follows up after every car I buy. This time I was downsizing my "fleet" and wanted to trade in two cars for one. After looking at numbers, we came upon a deal we both could agree on and signed the papers. The other people there were very nice to my 4 year old who was basically stuck with me as we went through the process and that helped out a lot.

Buying a new vehicle

by from Carlisle, PA |

Overall service was great! The salesman seemed to know everything about the car including SYNC with MYFORD TOUCH.

Great experience

by from West Chester, Pa. |

I drove 85 miles to look at a used car at Family Ford. Dealt with a true gentleman there named Greg, who was also the manager.No games, no pressure.I put a deposit on a vehicle that they had. this was done with the understanding that my wife had to be on board (who wasn't with me). The vehicle was just as he had described, no surprises. Turns out my wife was not as enthusistic as I was about an addition to our garage. I did not purchase the vehicle. Greg refunded my deposit with no issues. It was unfortunate that it did not work out. This was a car a truely wanted. I was richer for the experience and reminded of the professionalism that is still out there. Maybe next time.

Family Ford of Carlisle

by from Landisburg, PA |

We recently bought a new Ford from Family Ford. Terry Millman was our salesman, and he did an excellent job.

Excellent Customer Service

by from Carlisle, PA |

My husband and I were looking for a smaller car that was better on gas. We knew that our credits weren't the greatest but we decided to give Family Ford a shot. We had a guy named Terry help us out! He did everything in his powers to make sure we were leaving with out car! (He even ran some papers to our home to sign so we could speed up the process) We he called saying we were approved I was ecstatic! He also spent some extra time with us to make sure we had the right insurance on our vehicle! Thanks to him we are the proud owners of a 2009 Toyota Camry! Definitely go here!!

Phenomenal

by from New York, New York |

Family Ford is absolutely one of the best dealers I have dealt with, their whole staff is phenomenal including Terry Millman, whose constant and unwaivering support during my contact with their business was and remains to be incomparable to any other. Terry is by far the best genuine and personable contact out of most of the dealers I have dealt with, along with his fellow employees Wayne Hendry and Greg Stevenson.