Bill McCoy Ford Lincoln

(3.0) 2 Reviews

2001 E Mcgalliard, Muncie, IN 47303

Used 765-730-5467

Bought a used car from them

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I recently purchased a used car from Bill McCoy Ford-Lincoln and was very satisfied with the buying process and my experience with the staff there. I had enough issues trying to close the loan with my bank and they understood and were very helpful and understanding. The staff were all very helpful and communicated with me frequently. The car was as advertised and was cleaned very nicely before I arrived to pick it up. All of my questions and concerns were answered promptly. I would recommend them to friends and family as well as anyone else that asks. I have only had a couple experiences with car dealerships before this and they were all terrible. It was refreshing to be treated fairly and have genuine concern expressed to me from the staff regarding my purchase. This is the only car dealership I will go back to for my next vehicle because they understand the customer perspective. I am fully satisfied with my purchase and I will be purchasing another car from them when the need arises.

Do not service car here

by from Muncie, IN |

My experience with Bill McCoy Ford started out fine for regular maintenance. Once my car (2002 Ford Focus) had an actual problem is when it went down hill. I brought it to the Ford service center thinking if there was a place that would be able to figure out what was wrong and fix it right, it was Ford. Couldn't have been more wrong! I brought it in 3 times for the same problem... my car would occasionally shake and run rough on start but would eventually stop and run normally once I drove it a little while. The first time they had my car for 3 days and could not duplicate the issue, charged me to replace a hose that they thought had a hole in it and hoped that would help. Second time (2 weeks later) the check engine light came on after the same experience happened above, brought it in and same thing. They were not sure whats going on ... replaced my spark plugs hoping that would fix the problem. Happened a third time, brought it in. Two days later I got a call from them stating that my engine had died on the test drive and it would cost me $4000 to replace or I could junk it. Throughout this ordeal I never got the feeling from them that there was an engine issue what so ever. After this ordeal when faced with the prospect of having no car (and loosing a car I had for 10 years and took very good care of) there was no help or sympathy. They couldn't even tell me what was really wrong with the engine, just that they would need to put in a new one. I took it to another place for a second opinion and they helped me understand that the issue and that it should have been caught the 2nd time I came in to Ford by performing a simple compression test. Had the techs and service managers used a little thought during my situation ... and maybe listened to me ... this would have possibly been prevented. To make matters worse they deny that they didn't fix the problems that I came in for since they got the check engine light to go off "the problem must have been resolved" ...even though I brought it in for the same issue every single time. No integrity or compassion in the workers here. Save your self the trouble and go somewhere else for repairs.

Bill McCoy Ford Lincoln responded to this review

July 17, 2012

This vehicle was in our service dept. on 05/22/2012 and came in with 159,212. The customer stated after the car was warm it dies when coming to a stop. The tech. inspected the vehicle and found pcv hose broken and leaking. So we replaced hose and drove throughly, and the vehicle ran fine. The customer returned to dealership on 6/18/2012 with a check engine light on. We checked vehicle and retrieved codes for #3 cylinder mis-fire, we did a cylinder power balance test and it passed. We also ran an injector flow test it passed, customer agreed in addition to put new plugs. We retested again and it passed. Customer returned once again on 06/30/2012 with check engine light on staying on and vehicle won't accelerate. Tech took vehicle for a drive to verify concern, vehicle died and would not restart. The car had no compression, found vehicle had an exhaust valve stuck open and damaged the piston. We quoted an engine replacement. Repairs made to this vehicle previously would not have caused a valve to stick, damaging the engine. Again, all necessary steps were taken to help customer as we do all day, everyday!