Bob Chapman Ford

1255 Columbus Ave, Marysville, OH 43040

New 888-470-3582
Used 888-729-8707
Service 888-256-9521

Get your best deal at Ohio's Oldest Ford Dealership. We have been serving the Columbus area for 100 years.

AN EXTREMELY SATISFIED CUSTOMER BACK A YEAR LATER!

by from Marysville, Ohio |

A year later we are back to Chapman Ford...purchased a Ford Edge a year ago and it was time to trade in our diesel truck with 270,000 miles for a new one so we did and once again, an outstanding experience with this dealership! We would like to commend our Salesman, Chris Creagan, who is such a delight to work with along with his professionalism and follow-up! We have come over to Ford country for sure and feel Chapman definitely "exceeds our expectations" in every single aspect...from sales to service, it's over the top! Joe Chapman and Brenda Page...you both have built and worked diligently to mandate such an incredible Ford Team at Chapman! Hats off to all of you...

Love my 2014 Ford Explorer

by from Logan, WV |

Was in search of a new SUV. Stopped by several different dealers and drove into Bob Chapman Ford. After experiencing the big city dealers, and all the empty promises, I found a large selection of vehicles that I was looking for, with a small town appeal in this town of Marysville Ohio. After discovering three generations of selling cars that this was the dealership I was looking for. Ryan Guisinger, the salesman, made us feel right at home right up until the deal was closed. Ryan was very knowledgable about the product he was selling. He new how to sync my cell phone and quite a few other features I wasn't familiar with He was very very helpful. The total process took less than a couple of hours. I drove away a very satisfied customer in my new Explorer. I would, and have, recommended this dealership to my friends and family. It was a great experience! Thank you Ryan Guisinger and thank you Bob Chapman Ford. You made me feel like family!

Bob Chapman: Go See Derek G. Today!!!

by from Columbus Ohio |

Derek at Bob Chapman was great. They stayed 45 minutes late just to get me in the door because I was stuck in Columbus, OH traffic trying to get to the dealership. They had the vehicle all gassed up and ready to go at time of purchase. I have purchased many Ford vehicles but this was the quickest in and out of the Dealership I have ever had, which is fantastic as most other Dealerships keep you there for 3-5 hours. I was done in 1 hour and 15 minutes, which to me is worth going there again even if another dealership is $1000 cheaper just to save me the headache and hassle. I have already recommended Bob Chapman Ford to my brother who is in the market for a new Ford. I will recommend them to anybody else in the market for a new vehicle because of the hassle free experience. I usually buy from Ricart Ford but Bob Chapman was faster and blew their prices out of the water; and they most likely will be my new Ford dealer of choice

Horrible sales experience

by from Marysville, oh |

I will start by saying that I've been a customer of Bob Chapman Ford for a few years now. I've purchased a used vehicle and had a number of trips to their service department. Nothing stood out as stellar but they were average in my mind for car dealerships. My recent experience has left me in shock. After ordering a brand new truck in April, I thought I was going to get a good deal on a nice new truck from a local dealer. The estimated deliver time was 6-8 weeks. After 8 weeks, I started to call to see if there was any updates. I was told over the course of the next couple weeks that it should be here "Any day now", "In about a week", "Should have been here last week" and more. After the truck was a month late, I decided to call Ford's 1-800 number to see if they had any information and was told that my truck was no longer on order. It had not been built as the original model year because Bob Chapman Ford's sales volume was to low to get the truck allocated to them. In it's place a new order for the next model year was now on order. However, it was not built yet, and wouldn't be built for another month. This would leave the final delivery timing at over twice the original estimate. After asking the owner Joe Chapman to confirm their information I was instantly greeted with an attitude. He was unwilling to take responsibility for the actions of his employees, unwilling to admit I had been given false information about the status of my truck, unwilling or unable to do anything about the excessive delays, and finally ... unwilling to honor the original sales price I was quoted as that would require them to sell it at a loss. Leaving me no choice but to cancel the order and go elsewhere. When I called back to cancel the order and let him know I had found a better deal elsewhere, I was confronted again ... called a liar, and berated with numbers in an attempt to prove that I was lying in a what can only be described as a childish tantrum. I was left speechless. I have never in my life experienced such bad customer service. I would never recommend Bob Chapman Ford to anyone for any reason.

Great Service, Friendly, Up front

by from Port Clinton Ohio |

The sales people at Bob Chapman Ford were very easy to get along with, not pushy and were honest in there analysis of the vehicle. I would recommend them for your car needs. I traveled over 100 miles to find the right vehicle.

I Love my 2013 Escape!

by from marysville |

From the moment I arrived at Bob Chapman and spoke with Marilyn Collins, I was impressed. I visited the dealership a week prior to purchasing my 2013 Escape, but was looking at used sedans. Marilyn was knowledgable, willing to assist, but NOT pushy. I was so appreciative of the attention she paid to what I originally thought I was looking for in a used car, and her willingness to point me in the direction of the vehicles they had onsite, which met my criteria. I did not feel, even slightly, that she was a stereotypical sales person trying to sell me more than or something different than what I reported I wanted. Not finding a car that I felt passionately about, I walked away from the lot that day and visited 5 other dealerships (all Honda) in pursuit of a used Accord. I test drove at least 5 used Accords, including one car a dealership allowed me to keep over two days to really get a feel for the vehicle (and probably sway me toward purchase). I grew up driving Fords (my father is a retiree), but made the switch to Hondas (including a Civic and CR-V) because of their affordability, reliability, fuel efficiency, and the fact that they retain their value in the Central Ohio market. I was convinced I was going to stick with a Honda, as I had for the past 10 years. In spite of the feelings about what I felt Honda had to offer over Fords, I just wasn't sold on the cars I was test driving. I decided to return to Bob Chapman Ford and take a look at the 2013 Escape on their showroom floor. Marilyn greeted me once more, remembering me from my previous visit. I explained I wanted to test drive the 2013 Escape. I'm sure she was baffled by my change in vehicle selection, as you may recall, the week before I was looking for a used sedan. However, Marilyn graciously got me the keys to a 2013 Escape they had on the lot and I went out on a test drive. I was sold. Immediately. The 2013 Escape was responsive and handled with ease. I loved the new exterior look and the interior styling was a significant step up from my last Ford (a 1998 4x4 Ranger XLT with Extended Cab and Stepside). Honestly, I had never been a fan of Ford's interiors in the past. In my opinion they seemed bland, and cheap. However, I was blown away by the look of the interior - from the stitching on the leather seats which offers a sporty look, to the technology and its layout, to the "smart" feel of the whole interior package. The feel of the vehicle also captured me. The sporty exterior, the comfort of the seats, the peppy feel of the engine upon acceleration, the tight handling, the smooth and quiet ride, the feel of sitting in a cockpit, hugged snugly but not tightly by the surroundings, and the ease of use offered by the awesome technology all lent itself to the feeling of being in a "luxury" car. I loved it! I returned to Bob Chapman Ford and explained to Marilyn that I would be purchasing the 2013 4WD Escape Titanium with 2.0L Ecoboost engine from their showroom floor. I immediately met with Joseph Chapman, 4th generation Dealer Principle, who offered me a great trade in on my 2007 Honda CR-V. I worked with John Herold, who secured great financing for me and offered lively, comical conversation throughout the process. I closed the sale with Marilyn and Mr. Chapman and drove away in my new Escape with the feeling that this dealership offered me "the total package" in relation to my sales experience. I really felt as if each person I encountered had a personal interest in making sure I felt comfortable and taken care of throughout the process. In a word, the staff felt "genuine". I would not hesitate for a second to recommend Bob Chapman Ford in Marysville, Ohio to anyone looking to purchase a vehicle. Their level of professionalism, personal attention, and genuine nature all contributed to an outstanding sales experience. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

Used Edge - great experience!

by from marsyville |

A vehicle was not on my shopping list last week but that changed in a heartbeat when my Toyota Forerunner over-heated; it did maintain a pretty decent service record over it's lifetime considering it was a 1999 with 176000 miles on it so it was time to move on...I have now come over to Ford country and purchased a 2011 Ford Edge Limited. In the past five years, I have had my Toyota serviced at Bob Chapman Ford because of it's outstanding service group and all of the Chapman Team Players including Joe Chapman, Brenda Page, Chris Creagen and EVERYONE employed there! It is definitely like visiting with "family" when you go in. I applaud Chapman Ford for it's excellence in execution including sales and service along with a HUGE trust issue that they have earned over the years. Joe and Chris knew exactly what my "needs and wants" were and did not waste my time looking at vehicles that wouldn't fall into that category; actually it was the first out of two vehicles I drove that I bought; pretty impressive! Many thanks to the entire Chapman Team for all of your assistance this past week; it was my pleasure doing business with all of you and of course, without doubt, I will keep coming back to your dealership! Hats off to all of you!

Advantage?

by from mercer, ohio |

The vehicle i purchased had an engine light on the next day. Makes you wonder if it was reset for the sale. Took it to another dealer and the vehicle needed $1000 approx. worth of work. $1000 repairs are the reason you decide to buy another vehicle and not fix your old one. Also was told the interest rate on the loan would be around 6% when it came time to sign it was 9% because of my credit? because of job time? No, it was because of the vehicles age. They only thing they knew for sure when someone came in to buy it! When told of the issues with the vehicle all i got was a "sorry it drove fine on the test drive" Just my opinion but i must say i felt like i was taken advantage of.

Bob Chapman Ford responded to this review

May 5, 2012

Sorry you had this experience. We offer a 30 day warranty on most of the cars and trucks we sell. Not sure what you bought but we would certainly take a look at helping you being that the issue happened so soon after the sale. Interest rates do vary on vehicle age but credit, time on the job, and income carry an equal amount of weight as well. Feel free to contact me directly on this matter to get it resolved. We value your business and I'm very sorry for this inconvenience. Joe Chapman - General Manager.