Haldeman Ford Subaru

Service 866-375-4682

NJ Premier Ford & Subaru Dealer

Loving my Subaru and Haldeman

by from Hamilton Square, NJ |

I recently purchased a Subaru Forrester, our 2nd Subaru (Outback before). Our salesman, Fred Morgante, was wonderful through the entire process up to and after the purchase, and honestly, we have seldom had great car salesman like him! Fred was thorough and made every effort to get the Subaru model we wanted. He followed up frequently to ensure that we had after-purchase items installed and that we were satisfied with the service work. The service and repair teams were equally as helpful and courteous and we have absolutely no complaints. Five stars all the way!

No customer service..

by from Hamilton NJ |

I went to the Haldeman lot looking for a used car. I found one that I was interested in but it didnt have any tags or price on it. I asked the salesman if he knew how much it was, he didnt know. He said he would go inside and find out the price for me. After about 20 minutes of waiting, I left. He never came back with a price for me. Very poor customer service.

June 12, 2014

First and foremost, I want to apologize on behalf of the dealership for your experience. It is not our intention to ignore a customer or to not answer questions regarding the sale or service of a vehicle. Please contact me so I can address this issue further with you and speak with the sales person involved. Sincerely, Mike Stizza General Sales Manager mikes@haldemanauto.com Haldeman Ford-Subaru

Happy Now-ESP issues has been resolved

by from Robbinsville, NJ |

My prior ESP issues with this dealer have now been resolved as they have provided me with the additional ESP coverage at no cost to me. I am happy to give them 5 stars for excellent customer service. I wish I could have removed my initial post but cars.com told me there was no way to do that so this update will have to suffice.

Happy with Service Dept but have another issues

by from Robbinsville, NJ |

I have owned or leased 6 Ford vehicles over the past 22 years. I have always had them serviced at this dealership and have really had no problems with service except my for my Ford Taurus which had constant problems. I usually deal with Pete and Brian and have found them to be professional. My real issue with the dealer is in regard to an Extended Service Plan I purchased for my Flex. When I purchased the plan in 2012 I was told that it was a 5 year 60k mile extended warranty which would expire in May 2017 and that is the exact expiration date on the contract. I have now found out that the plan expires in May 2014 when I contacted Ford directly. When I visited the dealer to discuss this the person who sold me the plan admitted that at that time she was new to the position and admitted to the error. Rather than honor the contract she said they would sell me a 2 year warranty at cost ($912). I told her that was not acceptable. She brought in the Sales Manager who said he would split the difference and sell it for $456. At that point I left the dealership without any resolution. Shortly after I emailed him stating that I felt they should honor the contract and I would accept the 2 year warranty but at no cost to me. I have since received no reply. I filed a complaint with Ford but am doubtful they will do anything. I view this as very poor customer service on their part. I have spent thousands of dollars over the years at this dealership and would likely have spent more in the years to come. My wife purchased a Subaru here 2 years ago as well. My final alternative is to sue in small claims court for breach of contract which I hesitate to do.

Daylight bandits

by from West Windsor, NJ |

Haldeman Subaru is the single most dishonest business I've encountered in my life.

April 23, 2014

We are sorry for your feelings toward our service department. In an effort to determine what it is that has upset you and rectify same, please feel free to contact me at 609 586 7600. In the event I am with another customer, please leave your name and "Blue M" for a reference. Thank you, Greg Hritz.

Horrible Business Practice - Will never go back ag

by from Hamilton Square, NJ |

Haldeman Ford Subaru, 607 Rt. 33, Hamilton Square, NJ is not a good place to buy a car. Actually, they are nothing but a waste of time. I was interested in a Hummer H2, did a search on the internet and found what I was looking for at Haldeman. I inquired about the Hummer H2 and was sent an email from the sales manager that the vehicle was available, so I called and informed them that I was on my way. Got to the dealership and another couple was taking the vehicle on a test ride. That did not upset me, because it is a business. However, here is is the kicker, I found my sales rep that told me to come on down and informed him that someone was interested in the vehicle as well. The sales manager told me to go downstairs and get some coffee, because it would be a 15-minute wait for me to test-drive the vehicle. I did that, and 45 to 55 minutes later, I was still waiting on the status of this vehicle. I fell asleep since I was waiting so long. I find that to be disrespectful, seems to me that the dealership was trying to get the other couple approved first and if they could not get them approved, then I was downstairs waiting. ?Who, does that? just tell me the truth about the vehicle; I drove a good 45 minutes just so that I could purchase this vehicle. You wasted my wife time and my time. I would not recommend anyone buying a vehicle here. Do not waste your time or money. The funny thing about this whole ordeal, I did a review search after I got home trying to find out if anyone else had received the same situation as we did. Wow, the reviews are terrible about this place. Now, I am so happy that I did not receive help.

Fishy Business - Will never go back again

by from Pemberton, NJ |

registration takes more then a month

by from Wilmington DE |

I brought used 2007 honda crv and still not getting my registration which is more then a month i am waiting.the sales manager Steve leonardo who dont answer your calls and says dont call me again in very rude manner. my temparery registration got expired and i was calling to find about my registration but his not helpfull. i went to local DMV to get temparery registration but DMV saying my registration is done and dealer got the number plate and other stuff.but when i called them, they said they did not get from DMV and waiting. i requested to haldeman to issue another temparery registration so i can drive but the manager said they dont and he can't do anything. they just took my money and sold a car which is i am not able to drive and park in the parking lot. i dont know how many days i have to wait for my registration. i strongly dont recommend this dealer. even the account department did not give my bill of sale. they just provided contract document and saying that is the bill of sale.

January 19, 2014

We at the time of sale had discussed that the State of Delaware requires an Inspection which is requires a state inspection in order to process the motor vehicle. As soon as we had received the Inspection from you we had sent all the necessary documents to the Delaware motor vehicle agency to complete you r motor vehicle work. The motor vehicle was completed and sent back to our out of state vendor which we had received and overnight to you for the following day. In regards to paperwork you had received a copy of the purchase agreement and contract along with the other copies you had signed.

Downhill....

by from Hamilton, NJ |

Downhill service department. I cannot believe they still can't fix a headlight. 'Nuf said. The dealership is fine, it's the service dept. that reeks. Would I buy from them again, no. Nothing against their sales dept. but if they can't get better mechanics, then it's obvious they don't care about their customers.

October 22, 2013

I have reviewed your concern regarding the repair of a headlamp on your Subaru Outback. All lights were operating at the time of service. Unfortunately, bulbs can work one minute and be out the following. I apologize for your extra trip, but this was not preventable. If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to call me at 609-586-7600 x110, Randall Warner, Operations Manager.

So bad that I couldn't get repair service

by from West Windsor nj |

I called to make an appointment I was told to drop my car off the night before so they could take a look at it sometime the next day. I called to confirm but was told at that time service department was closed I stated ok well he said for me to drop off car and there are two haldeman ford just want to make sure I have the right one the woman in customer service stated the address I drove a half hour to find a gate locked so you could not drop off car and was told we don't do night before drop offs once I was there. ill be going to another dealership for service if its that much of a struggle to just get my car there wasting gas time and making my wife who is due in 3 weeks drive the other car for no reason this was a sure sign of the quality of service and help they will offer. Nice job!!!

September 17, 2013

John, I am unable to identify your (your wife's) contact with our personnel. In an attempt to make this right, please feel free to contact me at 609 586 7600. Thank you, Greg Hritz

Earned my respect

by from Princeton, NJ |

I wrote earlier about the on-going challenge I was having with the service department of Haldeman Subaru. Here's how the story ended: I got a call from Randy; he listented to my tale of repeated frustration, took repsonsibility for the problems -- no excuses, no justifications, and he pledged to follow through. The story has a happy ending. Within 24 hours of talking to Randy, I had a new tail light, my car was washed and clean (something that couldn't be done with a broken tail light), it was completed ahead of schedule so I was able to pick it up early. I have to give credit where credit is due -- Haldeman Subaru's service department earned my respect by acknowledging the problem and rectifying it, making good on the promise to fix the car in a timely manner and going above and beyond by cleaning it, too. Thanks, Haldeman!