Shields Auto Center

Service 888-221-4218 Service 888-221-4218

Cars Cost Less in the Country

A SHIELD OF CONFIDENCE AT SHIELDS AUTO CENTER

by from Rantoul |

The reason I shop at Shields Auto Center is simple. They have a good selection of new and used automobiles at good prices. Shields provide excellent service before, during and after the sale. In fact only Shields had ever asked me, long after a purchase had been made, if the automobile was giving me good service. Folks, this is a dealership I can count on.

Poor service

by from Paxton,Illinois |

They have the rudies people who work there they lie and tell you can get a car then do not call and tell you they won't help you get one thru them

Trustworthy!

by from Rantoul, IL. |

Trustworthy, is the best way to describe Shields Auto Center! My family and friends have been purchasing our vehicles from Shields for many years, we have also entrusted Shields to the maintenance and repairs needed to keep our cars running smoothly, and lasting for many years! I am writing this review because I just purchased another vehicle...a beautiful 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan mini van from Shields after having a 2001 Plymouth neon, also purchased at Shields many years ago, which lasted for 208,630 miles with regular maintenance and Shields excellent repair mechanics! Our experience with the proprietor of the dealership, the sales, service, and office personnel has always been excellent; in addition, they are very friendly people! They have been very helpful in all aspects of our needs, including availability, selection, affordability, purchase, and maintenance of all our vehicles. They also maintain and present a very neat and clean environment! Bottom line, we know that we are getting the very best service around! Thank you Shields Auto Center and we appreciate all your years of business in our community, and meeting all our family and friend's transportation needs! : )

it would be nice

by from gibson ill |

If they say they are going to call you they should so i guess i well look else where for a car

Disappointing.

by from Champaign IL |

We went in to look at a vehicle, test drove it, liked it. Filled out credit apps, etc. Our credit is good, so financing was never an issue. The vehicle was making a noise that we wanted checked out before buying it. They had us put a deposit down, said they'd have someone look at it on Monday. No one looked at it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Finally said they were sending it to the Paxton location. On Friday. Finally, on Saturday morning we get a call from the salesman - but, after a week it was too late. We were in the process of buying an almost identical vehicle from another dealer. It was disappointing, because I expected better given the reputation Shields seems to have. No explanation or apologies for dragging it out for a week. I guess they didn't want our business.

Will never buy here again!

by from Rantoul, IL |

I will never purchase again from Shield's in Rantoul. We bought there because we thought it was a reputable dealer. However, we were sold a car with a branded title on it at full retail price. Nothing was ever mentioned to us about the title being branded. Only when we were signing the final purchase papers did the dealership mention the car had been bought back due to the car failing to start at time. They never stated it was branded and they said there were no other problems since. They glossed over the whole issue and we were never made aware that it would affect the buy back value. It wasn't until we decided to trade the car in for a larger vehicle that we found out it had a branded title and it was only worth half of what we paid for it even though it was just purchased a couple of years before. Upon confronting management, they never apologized or even acknowledged what they did. They only tried to sell us another vehicle. I have never experienced such poor customer service and feel totally taken advantage of. And to think we purchased there trusting the dealership fully. Furthermore, if the title was branded and it was only worth half of it's value, why did the dealership charge us full retail and would never budge on the price even after we asked for a better deal (obviously before we knew the title was branded). Do not buy from this SHADY dealership!!

GREAT PLACE TO BUY!

by from St. Joseph IL |

We found a Durango Shields had listed on cars.com that we were interested in. I made the short drive to Rantoul and met dealer Terry"TNT" and took a test drive. After a short, no pressure negotiation process we worked out a fair deal and I was on my way. Teresa in financing was excellent and got us a great rate. Thanks "TNT" and Teresa..will do business again!

Extremely Satisfied

by from gifford,il |

After the treatment we recieved at Shields I will go nowhere else to even look for a vehicle or to get service done. After giving up on trying to find the right vehicle we were told by a family member who had just purchased a vehicle here that they might have what we were looking for, and they did. Our salesmen Preston had the truck waiting for us to look at when we showed up(in the snow), and even went and got another truck for us to test drive. After deciding on which truck we wanted the rest of the deal was very painless, and no running back and forth. All of the staff went above and beyond to get us a great deal and get it finished before going home. Thanks to Preston and Rick for all your work to get my wife the truck she has been dreaming of.

A SHIELD OF CONFIDENCE AT SHIELDS AUTO CENTER

by from Rantoul, IL |

The reason I shop at Shields Auto Center is simple. They have a good selection of new and used automobiles at good prices. Shields provide excellent service before, during and after the sale. In fact only at Shields had a sales executive ever asked me, long after a purchase had been made, if the automobile was giving me good service. Folks, John Weir is the sales executive who made it happen. If you need an automobile call John Weir.

Great Experience

by from Murphysboro,il |

I began my great experience in 2007 with saleperson name John Weir. I first bought new 2006 Dakota. John was very great explaining the features of the truck. He personally took the time to go through the process of the sale too. In fact by providing me with great customer service , and being my first time experience with Shields Auto of Rantoul. I've since have purchased two other auto with John. I would recommend to anyone to come to Shields Auto and see John for all your Auto needs.