Shields Auto Center

Service 888-221-4218 Service 888-221-4218

Cars Cost Less in the Country

FOUR CONSECUTIVE CAR PURCHASES MADE AT SHIELDS

by from Rantoul, IL |

The last four purchases that my wife and I made were from the Ford dealership of Shields Auto Center. The reason we are loyal Shields customers is the quality and value of their services and products; Shields life time warranty puts the added value of a vehicle purchase over the top. Our experience with Shields Auto Center was like this: there's nothing like going to Shields Auto Center, be greeted by a knowledgeable Sales Representitive like John Weir who worked diligently to get the best deal possible and directed the purchase process. After the deal was completed, the General Manager, Rick Shields, walked out of his office to shake my hand and thank me for the new Ford purchase demonstrating customer appreciation and pride in his business. Our car is not only Ford maintained but it's Shields Ford maintained. Drop by the Service Desk at Shields Auto Center and allow Service Manager Paul Egerton describe the quality service he can provide for your car. Remember a well recorded maintaince of your vehicle will not only keep your car reliable, it adds trade-in value for your next vehicle purchase. I truly appreciate Shields Auto Center staff being on my team.

Great Experience

by from Loda, IL |

The whole viewing and buying process went so smoothly and the experience was great. Greg Shields did an awesome job. Thank you!

New Purchase

by from Rantoul, IL |

I just purchased a 2015 Chrysler Town and Country van from John Weir and it was a very positive experience. He was very helpful and informative and showed me all the aspects of my new van. I would highly recommend him and Shields for your next car purchase. I live in Rantoul and try and shop here if at all possible. Thanks John for all your help and letting me know that if I have any questions about my vehicle you are there to help.

Thanks Shields for always getting us a great car!!

by from Rantoul, IL |

We have purchased several vehicles from Shields and will continue to do so. We have become friends with Greg Shields, he is always happy to see us when we come in for any reason. If I need anything he always bends over backwards to try to accommodate. Thanks for being a very trustworthy dealer and keep up the good work!!!

WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!!!

by from Watseka, IL |

Who thought "wonderful experience" would be a way to describe the process of buying a vehicle? The salesmen (especially Terry) made the car buying process just that....wonderful. They stayed open late just for little old me because I was coming from out of town. They stayed (and even came back from being home!) until 9:45 wheeling and dealing with the banks to get me the very best deal they could. I truly believe God led me to these honest, kind,trustworthy,wonderful, god fearing men.They have made a lifetime customer out of me and my family....My family and I will recommend everyone we know looking for vehicles or service to their vehicles to this business! Thank you so much Shield's for an exceptional experience!

Poor service

by from Paxton,Illinois |

They have the rudies people who work there they lie and tell you can get a car then do not call and tell you they won't help you get one thru them

Trustworthy!

by from Rantoul, IL. |

Trustworthy, is the best way to describe Shields Auto Center! My family and friends have been purchasing our vehicles from Shields for many years, we have also entrusted Shields to the maintenance and repairs needed to keep our cars running smoothly, and lasting for many years! I am writing this review because I just purchased another vehicle...a beautiful 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan mini van from Shields after having a 2001 Plymouth neon, also purchased at Shields many years ago, which lasted for 208,630 miles with regular maintenance and Shields excellent repair mechanics! Our experience with the proprietor of the dealership, the sales, service, and office personnel has always been excellent; in addition, they are very friendly people! They have been very helpful in all aspects of our needs, including availability, selection, affordability, purchase, and maintenance of all our vehicles. They also maintain and present a very neat and clean environment! Bottom line, we know that we are getting the very best service around! Thank you Shields Auto Center and we appreciate all your years of business in our community, and meeting all our family and friend's transportation needs! : )

it would be nice

by from gibson ill |

If they say they are going to call you they should so i guess i well look else where for a car

Disappointing.

by from Champaign IL |

We went in to look at a vehicle, test drove it, liked it. Filled out credit apps, etc. Our credit is good, so financing was never an issue. The vehicle was making a noise that we wanted checked out before buying it. They had us put a deposit down, said they'd have someone look at it on Monday. No one looked at it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Finally said they were sending it to the Paxton location. On Friday. Finally, on Saturday morning we get a call from the salesman - but, after a week it was too late. We were in the process of buying an almost identical vehicle from another dealer. It was disappointing, because I expected better given the reputation Shields seems to have. No explanation or apologies for dragging it out for a week. I guess they didn't want our business.

Will never buy here again!

by from Rantoul, IL |

I will never purchase again from Shield's in Rantoul. We bought there because we thought it was a reputable dealer. However, we were sold a car with a branded title on it at full retail price. Nothing was ever mentioned to us about the title being branded. Only when we were signing the final purchase papers did the dealership mention the car had been bought back due to the car failing to start at time. They never stated it was branded and they said there were no other problems since. They glossed over the whole issue and we were never made aware that it would affect the buy back value. It wasn't until we decided to trade the car in for a larger vehicle that we found out it had a branded title and it was only worth half of what we paid for it even though it was just purchased a couple of years before. Upon confronting management, they never apologized or even acknowledged what they did. They only tried to sell us another vehicle. I have never experienced such poor customer service and feel totally taken advantage of. And to think we purchased there trusting the dealership fully. Furthermore, if the title was branded and it was only worth half of it's value, why did the dealership charge us full retail and would never budge on the price even after we asked for a better deal (obviously before we knew the title was branded). Do not buy from this SHADY dealership!!