Shields Auto Center

Service 888-221-4218 Service 888-221-4218

Cars Cost Less in the Country

A SHIELD OF CONFIDENCE AT SHIELDS AUTO CENTER

by from Rantoul |

The reason I shop at Shields Auto Center is simple. They have a good selection of new and used automobiles at good prices. Shields provide excellent service before, during and after the sale. In fact only Shields had ever asked me, long after a purchase had been made, if the automobile was giving me good service. Folks, this is a dealership I can count on.

it would be nice

by from gibson ill |

If they say they are going to call you they should so i guess i well look else where for a car

Disappointing.

by from Champaign IL |

We went in to look at a vehicle, test drove it, liked it. Filled out credit apps, etc. Our credit is good, so financing was never an issue. The vehicle was making a noise that we wanted checked out before buying it. They had us put a deposit down, said they'd have someone look at it on Monday. No one looked at it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Finally said they were sending it to the Paxton location. On Friday. Finally, on Saturday morning we get a call from the salesman - but, after a week it was too late. We were in the process of buying an almost identical vehicle from another dealer. It was disappointing, because I expected better given the reputation Shields seems to have. No explanation or apologies for dragging it out for a week. I guess they didn't want our business.

Will never buy here again!

by from Rantoul, IL |

I will never purchase again from Shield's in Rantoul. We bought there because we thought it was a reputable dealer. However, we were sold a car with a branded title on it at full retail price. Nothing was ever mentioned to us about the title being branded. Only when we were signing the final purchase papers did the dealership mention the car had been bought back due to the car failing to start at time. They never stated it was branded and they said there were no other problems since. They glossed over the whole issue and we were never made aware that it would affect the buy back value. It wasn't until we decided to trade the car in for a larger vehicle that we found out it had a branded title and it was only worth half of what we paid for it even though it was just purchased a couple of years before. Upon confronting management, they never apologized or even acknowledged what they did. They only tried to sell us another vehicle. I have never experienced such poor customer service and feel totally taken advantage of. And to think we purchased there trusting the dealership fully. Furthermore, if the title was branded and it was only worth half of it's value, why did the dealership charge us full retail and would never budge on the price even after we asked for a better deal (obviously before we knew the title was branded). Do not buy from this SHADY dealership!!

GREAT PLACE TO BUY!

by from St. Joseph IL |

We found a Durango Shields had listed on cars.com that we were interested in. I made the short drive to Rantoul and met dealer Terry"TNT" and took a test drive. After a short, no pressure negotiation process we worked out a fair deal and I was on my way. Teresa in financing was excellent and got us a great rate. Thanks "TNT" and Teresa..will do business again!

Extremely Satisfied

by from gifford,il |

After the treatment we recieved at Shields I will go nowhere else to even look for a vehicle or to get service done. After giving up on trying to find the right vehicle we were told by a family member who had just purchased a vehicle here that they might have what we were looking for, and they did. Our salesmen Preston had the truck waiting for us to look at when we showed up(in the snow), and even went and got another truck for us to test drive. After deciding on which truck we wanted the rest of the deal was very painless, and no running back and forth. All of the staff went above and beyond to get us a great deal and get it finished before going home. Thanks to Preston and Rick for all your work to get my wife the truck she has been dreaming of.

A SHIELD OF CONFIDENCE AT SHIELDS AUTO CENTER

by from Rantoul, IL |

The reason I shop at Shields Auto Center is simple. They have a good selection of new and used automobiles at good prices. Shields provide excellent service before, during and after the sale. In fact only at Shields had a sales executive ever asked me, long after a purchase had been made, if the automobile was giving me good service. Folks, John Weir is the sales executive who made it happen. If you need an automobile call John Weir.

Great Experience

by from Murphysboro,il |

I began my great experience in 2007 with saleperson name John Weir. I first bought new 2006 Dakota. John was very great explaining the features of the truck. He personally took the time to go through the process of the sale too. In fact by providing me with great customer service , and being my first time experience with Shields Auto of Rantoul. I've since have purchased two other auto with John. I would recommend to anyone to come to Shields Auto and see John for all your Auto needs.

Better than dealers in Champaign

by from Urbana, IL |

We first went to Sheilds 9 years ago after our car was totaled in a car accident. We were so impressed by the car we purchased and the service we received that when our son's car unexpectedly died, we called John Weir for help. Our son not only received help regarding disposal of the dead car, he also was able to buy a very nice car at a good price. We purchased our second vehicle from John in May 2011 and love it! John also helped when I accidentally scraped up our new car. Repair services are generally very good and I could get a loaner car to get to work. Had only one service problem, when a technician failed to detect a problem with our first car and we had troubles in S. Illinois.

Service

by from Paxton IL |

I would like to start by saying the last comment I made about this dealership was WRONG. I spoke to soon and this is one of the best dealerships I have used. I thought they were not going to do anything for me, but they are very nice people and are straight shooters to me. They didn't have to do anything for me, but Dale Hendershot and Dale Benear both went above and beyond when they didn't have to. I look forward to using them in the future.