Shults Ford At Route 28

Service 866-207-7925

Where the difference really is ... Black & White

Larry Shaffer Supervisor

by from New Kensington pa |

Please change the title of my review on 12-2-13 to Great Experience vs Larry Shaffer Supervisor Thank You

Larry Shaffer Supervisor

by from New Kensington pa a5068 |

This was my second purchase of a F-150 at Shults Ford and will not be my last. Excellent staff and willing to work with you to your satisfaction. Customizing your vehicle is no problem. Delivery no problem. There is only one Ford Dealer that has meet and exceeded my satisfaction, Shults. Shults is number one with me and my oldest daughter as she just leased a ford edge and is very happy with it and probably will be a return customer.

Less than eager sales staff

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

Sent an email request for a price on a ford explorer. Took a salesperson over 3 hours to even respond to my email and only told me that the truck I was looking at was a demo and would have to be cleaned before I looked at it, and asked me when I could come down. Only sent an email. didnt even bother to call me as i had requested. Sent same request to another area dealer and had the informing had requested within 15 minutes along with a phone call. I can't even begin to fathom how much business they throw away let alone how their Internet manager keeps his job with best practices like this. It just shows that they could care less about earning your business.

Shults Ford At Route 28 responded to this review

September 18, 2013

Jeremy, we appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with Shults Ford. We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your recent online experience with our dealership. Customer satisfactions is the number one goal of Shults Ford and we never want a customer to feel that they were not properly taken care of. If you would like to discuss this experience further please call Francis Hochard at (412) 828-2300 at the dealership and he would be more than happy to assist you. Again, we apologize for your recent experience and we hope you will give us a chance to win back your business in the future.

Pretty good but not overwhelming

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

Ford is a good brand but the dealers still think it's 1990. You'd think that the experience of the last 30 years would have inspired the US auto companies to focus relentlessly on quality and customer service. Not so. Vehicles are pretty good but not the obsessive standard that you see from other brands. Salespeople are friendly and knowledgable but even though most of them sit around all day twiddling their thumbs in this economy, they do not appear excited when they get a new customer or when they make a sale. Having said that, I'm pretty happy with the price of the used 2005 F150 I bought and what I got for the used 2001 Ranger I traded. The air conditioning wasn't working properly and I got a free voucher for a freon charge. When they found it was in fact a leaking and defective unit, they replaced for free. Also, Ford, for all its attempt at technology in the vehicle, doesn't really have an exciting existing customer experience on the web. Considering that most of us spend a lot of time on smartphones, iPads etc. that's a missed opportunity but nothing that Shults can do, although its website is not the best (e.g. cars.com quality.) And they should provide Carfax histories from the site, rather than at the dealership.