Kendrick Nissan

(3.5) 6 Reviews

1 N Creasy Ln, Lafayette, IN 47905

Used 765-447-7575

worst experience ever at a car dealership!!!!

by from yorkville, il |

after calling the dealer to make sure car was still avail, adam the manager was the one who answered my call. he said car was still avail. I then proceeded to ask him questions about the particular vehicle. I asked if the car had been involved in any accident, he said that the auto check was clean. Then I asked if the car had any visible signs of damage or previous paint work, his response was that it was a local trade and the car was well taken care of and it was a low mileage car with no damage. I told him I was coming from over 100 miles away and he indicated that all their cars were inspected and he knew this car personally. I decided to drive the trip, 2 hours one way to purchase the car. Upon my arrival, the first thing I noticed was damage to the front bumper, obviously it had been in a front end accident. The hood had been painted with substandard repairs and both rocker panels had damage to them and passenger side mirror had some signs of damage. Adam then sent the salesman in to look at the carfax report. Salesman said the car had an accident on the report. Adam then apologized for the error and said take the car for a drive and if you like the car, we will make the price worth while. I took the car for a test ride and immediately noticed an alignment issue with the vehicle. There was also break noise with the vehicle. It seems that almost everything the dealership said about the car was wrong. After the test ride, I asked the manager what price would he sell the car for with these problems. He responded by asking what price did I see the car advertised at! My thought is that the dealer must have multiple pricing at multiple ads, because how is it possible that a manager doesn't know the price of an advertised car.. I told him the price that was advertised and he said he would take another 300 off the price. 300 dollars is not what I consider "worth while" when the car needs over a thousand dollars in repairs. Beware of this dealership's advertising and descriptions of vehicles. The manager, Adam, completely misrepresented the vehicle and wasted half my day. my only recourse is to make others aware of my experience at Marty Kendrick Nissan.

Horrible Dealer - Don't Waste Your Time!

by from Fowler, IN |

This is by far the WORST DEALERSHIP THAT I HAVE STEP FOOT IN. My husband and I were looking for a used car, we found one at Kendrick Nissan (please keep in mind we had looked for a couple months and went to several different dealers). We met with salesman, test drove the vehicle, and waited to see where they could go with the price. The salesman had us sign a paper that indicated if we could purchase the vehicle and a 5-year warrantee for $X per month for a term of no more than 48 months, then we would purchase that day. He went to the manager, got the okay, and told us that we had a deal. We then went to the finance office and had to re-negotiate the price of the car! The finance person informed us that the salesman had no business knowing what we would be paying per month and therefore, we had to renegotiate the car price through him. The finance person, Tony, was rude and extremely irritating to deal with and we ended up spending about 4 hours in the dealership! We purchased the vehicle, and 3 days later, the "check engine" light came on...go figure. We called the dealer, took in the car, and they told us we needed a new catalytic converter, and a new strut for the car, totalling $1900.00. When we said that we only purchased it 3 days prior, the guy laughed.....yes, LAUGHED! They "negotiated" down to $400 for everything, but still it was ridiculous! 21 days after the purchase of the vehicle, we called to find out about the status of the title paperwork. I ended up going into the dealer to find out that the title had never been cleared through the previous lienholder (the dealer lied b/c we had asked about the title being clean and clear). The bank never signed the title even though the vehicle was paid of several years prior. I received another temporary tag, and asked that I get notified of updates (they said this is a typical issue). At 31 days after the purchase of the vehicle, I got a call on my cell phone from the previous car owner who recieved my cell phone number from the dealer (they "accidentally" gave out my information.....privacy policy anyone?)! I went in to ask about my information being "given out" and to give them a letter saying that that officially had 10 days to get the title or we were returning the car, the GM wouldn't sign the verification of receipt (just stated that they received a letter from me on that day). I told him that returning the car was an option on the table, but I would have to talk to my husband first, he was kind of pushy at that point and said that they would let me know when the title was figured out. I was barely home and they called saying that Ryan had spent 45 minutes on the phone with the bank and the documents were in the mail. We didn't receive the paperwork until 35 days after the purchase of the vehicle. How can they still be in business? I called Nissan Customer Care and they said I could only register a complaint and nothing else, which was kind of nuts considering the entire horrible situation! I wish we would've never stepped foot there and we will NEVER service our vehicle there again!!!!!! I don't know that we will ever purchase Nissan again considering the help (or lack thereof) that we received!

On Line Search/Communication

by from South Bend, IN |

I was looking at used 2013 Nissan Pathfinders on Cars.com and found one at Kendrick Nissan. While checking their inventory I found a new 2013 Pathfinder that interested me. Sales representatives were quite willing to respond to my pricing inquiries online rather than through phone conversations. They were very helpful and promptly followed up with responses to my requests for information. Excellent experience!

Satisfied customer

by from Lafayette, IN. |

Had my car repaired at Kendrick after an accident. When I picked it up I looked at their new cars and struck a deal. The facility is nice, the staff is polite and helpful, and they were great people to deal with. The repair job on my trade-in was beautiful. It was hard to part with it after they'd fixed it up.

Great Place

by from LAFAYETTE, IN |

I recently went looking for used cars. I went into Kendrick and found the guys to be very nice and not pushy at all like I had found at other dealerships. I was looking for a GOOD used vehicle. Not only did I find exactly what I was looking for, but was able to get it for the price I was willing to pay. Since then my fiance has gotten a car from there also.

Wonderful Experience

by from Fowler, IN |

Absolutely great to work with. Not pushy like alot of other dealerships that I've been to. Friendly and knowledgeable with excellent pricing on their vehicles. Will go back again for our next one.