Mike Raisor Ford Mazda

3960 IN-38, Lafayette, IN 47905

New 866-266-0268
Used 888-716-0395
Service 888-789-5132

The Lafayette, Indiana Ford Dealer you can count on!

Great service

by from Lafayette, IN |

I have been buying cars for a good many years and this was one of the best dealerships I have ever delt with. The sales people were outstanding. The car was clean and ready to go when I got there to take it for a test drive, very impressive.Everyone I dealt with there was very helpful. I received a fair trade for my old vehicle and was driving off the lot in my new car inshort order. Great Place.

Very disappointed

by from Southern Indiana |

I just got my son's Ford SUV back after it was at the garage for 4 days. We took it there on a Friday morning because it was running poorly and they told us it needed a tune up (plugs, wires and a coil). They said it would be $650 for a tune up....it sounded extremely expensive for a tune up but he being a college student from out of town we didn't have much choice but to have them fix it (we had been there before with no problems). They called on Friday afternoon to say a tie rod end needed replaced as well but they wouldn't have the part until Monday. They said the tune up was complete and we could take it for the weekend. On Saturday it didn't start. We called back Monday and said we now needed it towed in because it finally started but it was running so poorly we were afraid it would break down in traffic. I heard nothing more from them on Monday after they towed it in. On Tuesday I called back and they said my service contact was out sick and they would check on the progress and get back to me. Four hours later, no one had returned my call so I called back. They told me they fixed the tie rod end but the reason it was running so poorly was because it needed a tune up. I told them they just did a tune up Friday. They had to check and call back because they weren't sure if they did a tune up or not since this was another service reps ticket. Another two hours later and no return call so I called a third time. I asked to talk to the service manager and explained what was going on. Turns out they never completed the tune up on Friday like they said and was completing it then. They wanted to keep it another day to make sure it was fixed properly this time. I called back on the 4th day and asked to talk to the manager again to see if it was ready and about the price they quoted me (since they didn't even know if they did the tune up or not I was cautious about paying the bill since it seemed really high and maybe they didn't know for sure what they were billing me for). He was going to get back to me but after three hours and no call I called back. He was out until the afternoon. When he finally called me back he found why the bill was so high, it turns out they had replaced parts they didn't tell me about, nor did I need (I had just had those parts checked by a local mechanic in January and told they were fine). They did adjust my bill for my inconvenience (which was too high to begin with) and the manager was helpful but the rest of the service staff I dealt with needs to learn some customer service skills. We just got it back so I'm hopeful that all the problems are taken care. They also drove all the gas out and left it pretty much empty when we picked it up. I doubt we'll be dealing with this garage again. It was a very frustrating experience.

great service

by from Indiana |

Really good service even though the negotiation failed

Unbelievably Impressed

by from Wisconsin |

Could not have asked for a better truck buying experience. I was very hesitant to do business with Mike Raisor because I live over 400 miles away. I found a GMC Sierra 1500 that I really liked and after I contacted the dealership it was a very easy process. Cindy Crawford was very helpful transferring me to someone who was on-site at the dealership. J.R. Ranard was way more than willing to help me with all my questions and answer them promptly. Working with him was really my first positive experience with a car salesman. After my 400 mile drive, they had the vehicle sitting there waiting for me to test drive and all the paperwork set to go. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for extraordinary customer service. All this came after several bad experiences at dealerships closer to home.

Used Jeep customer

by from Fort Wayne IN |

My wife and I recently purchased a used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited from Mike Raisor Pre-Owned. We have a large family with 5, soon to be 6 drivers, and we needed another good dependable used vehicle. It is always a gamble purchasing used vehicles, but my salesman Tom Powell removed many of my fears by the way he represented the vehicle and honestly answered my questions. He didn't over sell the vehicle or its value. Tom did not fit the typical used car salesman profile. He was genuinely considerate and sincerely honest when I asked him questions. He seemed to be a good man, making an honest living. Todd Dunwoody (The Sales Manager) and Kristin Bond (Finance Manager) made the sales process seamless. They took care of all of our financing and got us better rates than we had quoted through our own lender. Outside of the test drive, the whole process only took us an hour from start to finish. We drove 2 hours from Fort Wayne to Lafayette, and I would drive farther the next time.

2nd purchase from the preowned

by from Lafayette, in |

I highly recommend that you visit the preowned cars if your looking for a used car. They got me the financing and was very polite and helpful. All you have to do is ask for Tom Powell and he will be more than happy to find you what you want. Very friendly. Troy who did the financing searched high and low for the best deal. I will be back for all my car buying needs.

Never again! Worst experience ever.

by from St. Louis, Missouri |

I can't give them zero stars or I would. I IMed on Monday with Cindy (very nice person) about a SUV and made an appointment for Saturday since I was driving from Missouri. I told them it was a cash sale. I received an email from Cindy on Friday and another from Ron/salesman very late on Friday confirming my appointment. I emailed each back with confirmation that I would be there as scheduled. While on the road, I called Ron the salesman an hour before I arrived. He said the SUV was in the showroom waiting for me. I was never asked for a deposit.. I walked into the showroom only to find a woman with her hand on the SUV saying it was hers and salesmen gathered around her agreeing that she was touching it first so it was hers.. I felt like a bum that crashed a party. It was a rotten experience. Ron took me over to bis desk and made small talk while the folks took the SUV for a test drive. During that 30 minutes or so of my life that I will never get back, no attempt was made to apologize or show me that I was valued as a customer in any way whatsoever. Not even so much as a "let us find something comparable and see if we can make this trip worth your time and effort." At one point I was told that the buyers were the owner's friends and had been sent over personally by the owner! Why should I care? It sure let me know how little the sales staff thought of my business. Was that the sales staff's way of letting me know that.I drove from Missouri for a cash sale that apparently was not worth their time? I finally left when it was apparent that I was wasting my time. All the useless salesman wanted to do was sit behind his desk and talk about my dog. I did not even get within 3 feet of the SUV. On the way out of town I called Cindy who seemed upset about how my 'nonbuying' experience turned out. I told her I was going back to Missouri. About an hour later, the salesman called to let me know the people had put a deposit on the SUV but weren't sure their financing was available. He also told me that it was my fault for not putting a deposit down, quoting from, as he said it, 'your second email'. Yes, I did mention in an email early in the week calling with a deposit. But no one from the dealership ever followed up. Because I am a nurse and much more concerned with the welfare of my very ill patients than the purchase of a used car, I had no time to think about sitting down, let alone calling a used car dealership with a deposit. I didn't know how this dealership did business. I wish I'd known because I sure wouldn't have subjected my friend, dog, and myself to it. Why would the salesman even remotely think I would ever drive back there to do business with a dealership that was so lacking in customer service as to let a cash deal walk out the door? While in the dealership, I never got so much as an 'I'm sorry about this.' Let alone any type of attempt whatsoever that let me know I was in any way, shape, or form valued as a prospective customer. At this point I would not accept any vehicle with this dealership's name on it even if it was free and delivered to my home.with a red bow on it. I wasn't planning to trade my car in so I brought a friend to help get both vehicles back to Missouri. Everything turned out great for me though. When I drove through Champaign on the way home, I found a gorgeous new 2014 Nissan Murano that was perfect. The salesman was top notch. I negotiated with the manager, wrote my check, and was driving my new car home in about an hour. After rebates and negotiations, my new 2014 car was only a few thousand more than the 2010 used vehicle on Raisor's Pre-owned Used Car lot. And the entire experience at that Nissan dealership was excellent.

Not what they used to be

by from Lafayette, IN |

Not anything like it used to be. From oil changes to engine issues, even replacing wiper blades my mother has only ever taken her vehicle here. After taking the vehicle for a 100K tuneup everything was 'Okay'ed. She has since taken the vehicle there 5 times in 4 months. This is where all the problems began and the random charges. She is the owner of an 2007 Pontiac Torrrent 100,000 miles. Every time the vehicle was taken in everything was checked out and OK and within 2 weeks it was back in the shop. We consistently asked for things to be checked and told they were fine. Last time things were checked we were charged. Another charge was for replacement of something we asked about 3 months prior to this most recent visit. I don't know a company that has such a terrible warranty on their work. The staff used to have a great reputation. Not anymore Please find another dealer to go to for repairs/service.

went in for a recall!!!

by from west Lafayette, IN |

On Saturday 7/19/14 at 9am I went in to Mike Raisor service Center for a recall on my 2003 Mazda Tribute. When we got there I mentioned to the service man that the hatchback door only opens when it wants to. So he went and tried it and of course it opened for him. He then opened the window part of the hatchback and the screw broke in half that is on the hinge. We have never opened that window. So he put it back together and sent the truck in for the recall. We were in the waiting room and the same man came in and asked us about our brakes because when he drove it the pedal went to the floor. We had brakes and they were fine when drove there. So he took us back in the garage and showed us that the brake line was broke it was leaking a whple bunch of brake fluid so much they had a towel on the floor. I would of seen a leak like that because I park in the same place everyday at home. So we go back to the waiting room and he came in and told us it would be $168 for brake line and $116 for hinge. We didn't bring any money and I didn't think we should have to pay for something that worked fine before we got there. I had another mechanic fix it and he said he can see where the brake line had been pulled on. The service center did the recall I'm thankful for that but the hinge is still broke. I'm very disappointed in the other things that happened.

Love this dealer!

by from Chicago (Western Suburbs), IL |

I called early one morning and a salesman was immediately available to assist me. He verified that the vehicle I wanted was still available and had another salesman at the location of the vehicle called me to answer any questions. We drove 200 miles to get there and when we arrived the car was all ready for a test drive. Knowing we had a long drive home, Tom P. (our salesman) was efficient and timely in processing the paperwork, and we were back on the road in my new car in no time! Excellent experience!

dont drive far from home.

by from indianapolis In |

i called ahead by an hour before i started my 60 mile trip and let them know i was wanting a test drive and to look at vehicle. After driving an hour i arrived no salesman greeted me even though there seemed to be atleast 5 around the reception desk.the truck was still on the showroom floor. So rather waste more of my time and effort i just left.