Lighthouse Buick GMC

100 W Jackson St, Morton, IL 61550

New 888-612-3176
Used 866-430-6849
Service 866-492-1899

Where price and service matter!

top notch dealership!

by from albany mn |

I have purchased many used vehicles in my lifetime and lighthouse is by far the most impressive dealership I've ever dealt with. I cannot believe how these people go above and beyond expectations to satisfy the customer. thank you for everthing .

December 6, 2013

Thank you! We take one customer at a time, and do our best to make out of state transactions go as smooth as possible.

Sales Department Review

by from Morton, IL |

This dealership did not honor commitments. Sales and sales management need to come up with a policy so that cars aren't sold out from under customers! This has happened twice to me now. In March 2014, I called ahead to schedule a test drive and the sales rep didn't have the time of day due to working multiple people at the same time. I sat in the waiting area repeatedly waiting for sales rep responses. After verbal and written proof of interest in the car, the sales force needed to check with general management to "okay" getting the car checked out by my mechanic next business day. After more waiting, I wrote down my name and number so the rep could call me back since they were busy attending to other customers simultaneously. I was called after sales hours by sales rep only to be told someone put cash down to hold the same car after my appointment and discussions. I was not consulted or notified that I could put cash down to hold the car. I was not notified until after hours that the car was now sold to someone else after my verbal and written proof of interest. I am extremely disappointed in sales management and general management for letting this happen. This is not acceptable. Customers should come first. Where is your customer loyalty? This is coming from someone that thought Lighthouse?s service department was top notch...you clearly have some work to do in the Sales Department! Didn't purchase a vehicle since car was sold out from under me... I was able to have a free soda while not being helped thus the increased facility score.

March 22, 2014

Sarah: As we communicated privately, we are so sorry that this happened. We are doing our best to serve everyone fairly and honestly. We hope you will give us an opportunity again when we have a vehicle that fits your needs. Thanks for continuing to trust our service department for your repair needs. Everyone else reading: Unfortunately we had a very specific vehicle that 4 different customers all wanted at the same time. It is sometimes impossible to make all 4 customers happy. We try to be fair to everyone involved. We do our best to communicate all the variables every time. And by the way, we wish we had 3 more of that hard to find car. Thanks for reading.

GMC Terrain purchase review

by from Eureka, IL |

My husband and I recently purchased a 2014 GMC Terrain from Lighthouse Buick/GMC. From day one, working with our sales rep Brian Moldenhauer was top notch. The process of purchasing a car is obviously stressful and time consuming, but Brian made it a much more enjoyable experience. He was very thorough and patient as we had many questions/concerns about the process. It has been over a week since we purchased the car and he's already called twice to check in. Great customer service all around at Lighthouse. We will definitely be back.

Excellent purchasing experience

by from Tucson, Arizona |

We had purchased from Lighthouse back in 2001, and had a very good experience then. Jim Hohulin had kept in contact with us consistently since that time. Our current vehicle (not purchased from Lighthouse) had a sudden engine fail, and we were here on vacation, needing to purchase a car in one day's time. We came to Lighthouse based on our past positive experience, and this time worked with Brian Moldenhauer (Jim was out). Had an even better experience, as Brian very quickly provided us with the test drives of the vehicles we were interested in. There was no pressure--just honest, straight forward advice and information. We purchased the van the next morning, and Brian went above and beyond in making my whole family comfortable as we finalized the purchase. They gave us above what we expected on the trade of our current van, even with it's engine fail, and we got better than NADA pricing on the newer Honda Odyssey. The dealership is new, beautiful, comfortable, and we felt very welcomed by all the staff--from the receptionist to the financing specialist. We now live in Arizona, but purchased from Lighthouse and would highly recommend them. What started as a critical and stressful car hunt ended quickly, successfully, and I feel very at ease with the purchase.

Classy, Reputable Dealership

by from Springfield, IL |

We were looking to get a newer crew cab truck and came across a 2011 Sierra they had listed on Cars for a price well below anything the local dealers here in Springfield had. After a few emails with Brian Moldenhauer, we made the drive up to Morton to check it out. I was excited but remained a bit skeptical, thinking there had to be catch somewhere or that I would get hammered on my trade-in, but I was wrong about both. There was no pressure and they gave a more than fair price for our old vehicle. That was the first time we've left a dealership feeling completely at ease after making a big purchase. I highly recommend them even if you do have to drive little ways, their prices and service are well worth it. Thanks!!

Highly Recommend this dealership

by from Peoria, IL |

I bought a car this morning from them. The entire experience was amazing. The salesman, Brian Moldenhauer, was very knowledgeable, professional, and patient. I would highly recommend Lighthouse to anyone needing a new or used car or even service on a current car. They were the perfect example of what professional service should be.

Excellent Service from Brian Moldenhauer

by from Battle Creek, MI |

My experience with this dealership was very positive from the moment I made the phone call about a vehicle that I was interested in on the website. I drove 4 hours from Michigan to the dealership and from the time we exited our vehicle, Brian Moldenhauer was there to greet us and provide excellent service. He was very informative about the 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ I was interested in and its features. He treated my daughter and I with supreme respect and was very personable throughout the process. At no point did I feel pressured to make a purchase decision, he really allowed me to enjoy the experience! I am extremely happy with my purchase and highly recommend this dealership to anyone looking to purchase a new or used vehicle. Thank you for your excellent customer service!

Great Experience!

by from Fairbury, IL |

I bought my last truck from Lighthouse and have been very impressed with everyone I have dealt with. They are friendly and easy to deal with - and most importantly - NOT your typical pushy sales people. A truely great experience all around - Thanks!

Customers come first

by from Normal,il |

These people at Lighthouse do not only care about your business transaction, but they go above and beyond what any other dealership would do in order to make sure you buy from them. They are extremely friendly and are not the typical jerky car salesman type of people at all. Very good service on everything.

April 8, 2012

Thank you. We will continue to do our best for everyone who chooses to visit Lighthouse.