C. Hackett Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM

(1.0) 2 Reviews

400 Washington St, Newell, WV 26050

Terrible

by from Newell, Wv |

In February 2013 I took my vehicle to C Hackett to have them look at a few noises that I was hearing that it had just started making. An odd clunking noise from the driver side, a slight vibration on the driver side and an odd noise when I let off the gas. They told me they did a 24 point inspection. June 2013 had an issue with the vehicle not starting. And told them I was upset because I had it there a few months ago and now it is not running. It was a simple fix, but they gave me a really bad attitude when I called and demanded it to be fixed since it was still under warranty and I wanted a rental. They would not give me a rental and even gave me an attitude when I asked for one in the sales department and they were equally as nasty. When I picked up my vehicle and asked about the noise in the front, they told me with no reason why not to come back. When I complained to Chrysler, they told me that the dealership stated I was vulgar and threatening. I was upset but did not threaten anyone or become vulgar. I did say that they were incompetent since they could not find an obvious problem, I personally don't perceive that as vulgar. It wasn't until I brought it to another dealership to trade it in (Preston Mazda great place) did I find out one of the things that was wrong. To find out my tire was bad and was driving on it for four months even though I was told nothing was wrong, is bad enough, the dealership knowing I have a young child makes it worse. Unfortunately there is not a very poor selection I would have given the service department a very poor.

Wow......

by from Newell, Wv |

I had purchased two vehicles from C Hackett, up until about 6 months ago had great experiences, whether it be the service department or sales. Only a few people that were working there are still there from the time I was being treated good. I got a jeep patriot in the summer of 2011 new. Everything went smooth, and loved the Jeep. Since than the dealership has gone down hill. Recently During this past winter had and issue with the front end had them look at it. They supposedly did a 24 point inspection. When my girlfriend went to pick it up they told her Jeeps make noise, all vehicles make noises even new ones. When I suggested that someone go for a ride in it they told me there was no point since they did a thorough inspection. Recently it wouldn't start, and was upset (obviously) when it wouldn't start after complaining of engine noise. I told them that I was upset because I was had them look at it for engine noise and it could be related. They told me I was wrong and it was another issue. They told me that they would not be able to get to look at it for a couple of days. When I asked since this vehicle was covered under a bumper to bumper warrantee if I would get a rental they told me that I would have to wait until they look at it. That doesn't help the fact that it wasn't running. I called corporate to resolve the matter. I got a phone call from them at 8:30 am the next day saying it was fixed. When I went to get my keys they told me with no explanation that management did not want me to use their company anymore for any reason? I told them that corporate told me that if I wasn't happy with the service to call back, which I did. The corporate customer service department told them that I was threatening them and was vulgar with them which was not correct. I was obviously upset about the lack of service and lack of competency of the service department, I did not threaten, because I did exactly what I said and complained to cooperate. Corporate stated that they were going to look into it. In the mean time corporate set me up with an appointment with another dealership service department which was polite and immediately asked me if it was alright to have a service technician go for a ride to listen to hear the same things that I hear. It is deeply disappointing to have sent several people to the dealership and I don't believe that someone just looking out for their investment and their families safety should told not be told not to come back, simply because they didn't do their job. It is disappointing when in the beginning I had great encounters and to have it fall off so drastically after two years, deadly disappointing. I would like to add, do not overlook buying a Jeep, Dodge or Ram vehicle, they were very cooperative after being extremely rude. So the company modal for jeep is far better than the dealership.