Wantagh Mazda

(1.0) 2 Reviews

3180 Sunrise Hwy, Wantagh, NY 11793

Two salesmen are dishonest - GREAT SERVICE DEPT.

by from Lattingtown, N.Y. |

Be careful!! Bought a car from Wantagh (my 2nd Mazda- the first one purchased from Garden City). The Wantagh salesman lied, over and over, about a feature I needed in car. BEFORE buying the car he and his manager promised me the car they had in stock included this feature. It did not. They BOTH denied, many times over, that they told me the feature was in this car. The salesmen (one a manager) both lied to me- over and over. I pushed and pushed until they had to get an outside contractor to install this feature. The manager was trying to do his best and also protect the salesman- yet he was less than honest as well. I was promised by the salesman that installation of feature would cost me nothing. Not true. The manager then said they would pay for half of the installation. I suppose he knew they had mislead me from the start. Even so, it was still another falsehood. After the installation the electrical system began to malfunction- engine light lit up, battery light, etc.... Costing me time and money to bring the car back to fix this problem. Still, it was not a permanent fix. I was told this problem was "not serious, and probably meant nothing". Who buys a brand new car and drives it with the electrical system not functioning properly and just ignore it? If lights are going on by error how would one know when a light indicated a TRUE problem? The salesmen, trying desperately to avoid me speaking with the sales manager, (what a guy) also told me he would and did "with my own two hands" mail me a pen to cover scratches. I followed up with him for 3 months after not receiving the pen. He still insisted that he sent the pen. I ended up buying one from their service dept. as he clearly never mailed it. However, their service dept, is EXCELLENT- FLAWLESS. If you do own a mazda I suggest you use only Wantagh's SERVICE DEPT.. These salesmen are simply dishonest- bottom line. But the SERVICE DEPT. IS EXCELLENT. On the whole, this was a terrible interaction.

didnt even have to go

by from levittown, ny |

wanted to test a new mazdaspeed 3 and the guy said i had to buy the car so that they could let me try, r u serious!!!!!