King O'Rourke Auto Group

Used 866-298-6601
Service 866-597-9785

Excellent Experience

by from Hauppauge, NY |

I recently purchased a used car from King O'Rourke Cadillac in Smithtown (2009 Chevy Impala). The salesman, Bill Aloia, was a nice guy who knew his cars and his business. I didn't feel rushed or pressured while I looked at the car. He waited patiently and answered all my questions. We went inside to talk about the car and everything went nice and smooth. He wrote the car up and went to the finance guy. Here is where the car buying stories usually get ugly. I met with the business manager, Michael Marrazzo and we sat down to look over financing. Michael was a family man and proud of it. He was very professional but also very friendly and approachable. Although I was pre-approved for an auto loan I wanted to see if he could do any better. He beat my rate by a full percentage point. He answered every question I had and the ones he didn't know he found the answer. Most other dealerships I have dealt with would make something up and make sure it was something you wanted to hear. He called the company in front of me and even had me get on the phone with the questions I had. I was very impressed. The financing went off without a hitch. I was set to pick the car up two days later but that was delayed. Not due to anything the dealership did but because of a battery issue and the lack of being able to inspect the car until the computer ran through its cycle. I picked the car up a day later than I had planned and drove it off the lot about 35 minutes after I arrived. I had purchased another car from their other location in Port Jefferson but that experience was not even close to this one. It wasn't a bad experience but this one was definitely enjoyable and if you know me I HATE most things LOL. I would definitely recommend this dealership and these two people. I have no idea how the other sales people are or the finance managers but the two I dealt with were top notch. I will rate the service soon because there a couple of things I have noticed with the car that need to be fixed. Nothing major but things that definitely need to be done. On a side note, Bill (my salesman) gave my daughter five dollars so she could buy herself something for Christmas. It made her night and mine as well. Great job Bill, thanks. (This was AFTER the sale was complete).

Poor service expeirence

by from Holbrook, NY |

When purchasing my Cadillac they did not have the model I wanted but another dealer did. I leased it from the other dealer who has now gone out of business . I called King and was promplty told cant return it here. They also said " I dont care what GM says" We are only a franchise.

Unprofessional Salesman, rude and overpriced

by from commack ny |

1st time leaser. stopped in to speak about leasing 2014 Cadillac ats with "Bill." Seemed like a decent fellow. After shopping around, realized his initial offer (which was lowered significantly by the time i walked out) was ridiculously high. He matched the 1st offer i received from another dealership and said he would not wait for a counteroffer. After hearing the other dealer chopped another $525 off, he was rude and unprofessional, hanging up on me. How can a salesman be upset a customer shops around looking for a good deal? Even if he called back with a lower offer I wouldn't deal with someone so unprofessional.

Knowledgeable staff and beautiful showroom

by from Dix hills, NY |

On my way home from work, in my work clothes, i went to check out the Caddies. The showroom was beautiful. there were several sales people hanging around but the only salesman to approach me and ask if I needed any help was Armando. I guess the others didn't like my appearance, so they didn't bother with me. You can't judge a book by its cover. I own a major tile co. He answered all my questions with professionalism and thorough knowledge of the Escalade I was interested in. He treated me with respect, wasn't pushy,and very friendly . I am so happy with the Escalade he sold me and the service he provided, especially delivering the Escalade to my business. How great is that!

Poor Customer Service- VERY POOR

by from Smithown NY |

WOW! What a bad dealership I went to get my wife a new car and we put a small payment on the car to reserve it. However I went to another dealership and got the same car for 25 Dollars CHEAPER a month. When I went to get my deposit back......their rep. ARMANDO yelled at me and told me to never come back to the dealership. RUN AWAY if you walk in this place.

extremely poor customer service

by from commack,ny |

one of the worst customer service experiences i ever had, call to get an estimate on my saturn vue was having clutch problems, called a couple of places but couldnt get an apointment right away from other gm service centers so decided to go with them being that realtive bought a vehicle there and was happy with sales people. so i explained tom peter the service rep that i would have the car towed in and he agreed to look at it on tuesday this was now monday morning. i called on tuesday and was informed that car had not been looked at yet but should be seen by weds. afternoon and would be in touch weds came and went so thursday i gave him a call to see what estimate they had worked up, in the mean time i called several other service repair shops to get a high and low estimate for a total repair all of which quoted anywere between $850 - $1275 depending on some or all parts being replaced. So when i got an estimate of $1975 i was a little surprised and explained that i had gotten quotes from three other service centers including another gm service center at that point he peter said he woould get back to me in alittle bit to see if he can do anything better. so i waited and finaly i decided to call back and was told that $1600 was the best they could do so i told him thanks but i would have to go elsewhere and he said fine and hung up. i called the other service center and arranged to have the car towed there and then called peter at king o'rourke and informed the receptionist since peter was not available that i was sending a tow truck to pick up my vehicle and she said fine and hung up. next thing i know i get a cal from the tow service that they refuse to release the vehicle because i have a bill due of $120 so i got on the phone with peter and asked what this was about and he said that was the fee they cahrged but was willing to take $90 instead to which i replied that not only did you never mention this before but failed to mention this earlier and that most other service centers did not charge a fee for what they did, he then said that unless i paid i was not getting my vehicle to which i responded that i am on my way down to the dealer. when i arrived the tow service alread left and they refused to return my keys even after i confronted an assistant amnager and was told no money no car, ai asked to speak to the manager and was told that he was away for a week. at this point i decided that ineeded to get the police involved and call the local police, i waited an hour and half for their arrival(non emergency) when the police arrived i proceeded to tell them what happened when peter came out and said here is your keys we decided not to charge you. it was a shame that i had to get the police involved in order to not be taken. unfortunatly this was not the end after i had gotten back my keys the officer left i called the wtow service and proceeded to go back to my car which was in the back lot but did not get a response when i pressed my keys to open the door so opened it manualy with the key to find that the car no longer started and was dead. i then when back into the service area and informed them that the car was not starting and peter turned and said that is the way it was brought in. which i responded that it ran fine and had a transmission problem and nothing more. at that time a man comes out from the back and tells me to get off the proerty turns out it was jerrry the service manager who was supposedly away. i informed him i was calling the police and to file a report and walked out to the street to wait. five minutes pass before jerry decided to walk down and inform me to go start my car wow it started now i was then informed to move my crap of a car off his property,the police arrived and so did the tow. now thats one way to get return business.

King O'Rourke Auto Group responded to this review

October 6, 2012

We apologize that you feel this way about King O?Rourke. Our customer service has always spoke for itself with being here in Smithtown for over 30 years. We are the #1 trained GM dealer in the Northeast with the highest CSI. Like any other business, it?s our policy to charge a customer when work is performed on a vehicle that is not covered under warranty. General Motors has agreed that we were entitled to our checkout time.