Hassel Volvo Glen Cove

79 Cedar Swamp Rd, Glen Cove, NY 11542

Used 516-671-1700

Volvo XC90 Awful dealership Glen Cove Volvo

by from Nassau County, NY |

My 2011 xc90 has had repeated engine issues since we purchased the vehicle in Dec 2011. It would "lurch forward" and had no pick up upon acceleration. When we brought it in for service we were told "this just is not a peppy car." I said we know we didn't purchase a sports car, but this car does not perform at all. After keeping the car for over a week, the service department claimed they spoke to Volvo North America, reset the computer and sent us away. We returned a few weeks later with the same problem. They again had the car for several days, reset something and sent us off. In May (5months) after buying the car, we returned with the same issue. 3 times in 5 months we were sure our car was a "lemon." Volvo kept our car for another 10 days, again communicated with Volvo North America and stated there was noise in the oil pump, but no problem with the engine. They claimed the issue had been corrected and sent us off. Of course we had concern about our engine and had documented everything with Volvo North America. Fast forward to February 2014 and I received a notification on my dashboard that there was low oil and the vehicle needed servicing. The vehicle had been serviced by Hassel Volvo as recommended in the owner's manual since the purchase date. Following an oil change and a full scheduled service the car was again "working properly." We were suspicious about the message about the low oil because of the earlier "oil pump problem" and possible ramifications for our engine. Four months later (June 21, 2014), the same "low oil" error message came on. I checked the dip stick and it was bone dry. I didn't have low oil. I had NO OIL. Clearly driving a vehicle with no oil could severely damage the engine. When I called Volvo Roadside Assistance, they told me they could not tow me on the 21st because it was a Saturday and they have to tow to a dealer which was not open on Saturday night. They left me stranded til Monday morning. I called at 5:50 Monday morning. The tow truck didn't arrive until 9:45am. At that point the vehicle was dropped off at Hassel Volvo in Glen Cove, NY to be repaired. A month later we are told our engine pistons were being changed. We requested a repair order and Hassel Volvo has not returned calls. Volvo North America also does not return calls. It has been 5.5 weeks. We still do not have our vehicle, a return phone call, or a repair order. Stay far away from this dealership! The service department is horrible. The customer service is non-existent. The car is unsafe and has been since the day we picked it up. I have zero confidence that this vehicle has been repaired. The lack of communication has been appalling. The lack of a responsiveness is unacceptable. I would NOT recommend a Volvo or this dealership (which now changed it's name to Glen Cove Volvo, but has all the same employees) to anyone as I believe they do not value the safety of their customers. Amazing for a company that prides itself on a reputation of safety.

Scheduling Collapse

by from Brooklyn |

We drove from NYC to Hassel Volvo in Glen Cove for an oil change. Our S80 was dropped off at 10:30am for a scheduled 11:00am oil change. The estimated time of delivery for the 30 minute job was 2pm. I called at 1:45pm, and was told that the service supervisor was out to lunch, he was the only one who could tell me if the car was ready. I arrived at Hassel at 2:15pm. The service supervisor was still out to lunch, and work on the car had not been started on a job that had been on Hassel's schedule for circa 2 weeks. We got the car out of the queue and drove back to NYC.

Worst dealership in the industry

by from Long Island |

The absolute worst dealership in the industry. I have been trying to get my car fixed for the last 6 months but can't get anyone to call me back. The staff is always conveniently out of the office. I have brought my car in for the same issue for years and each time was told they fixed the problem but never did. So here I am just waiting for someone to call me back. I reached out to the GM however no response even though she promised to look into it and get back to me. When you call the office they tell you she's there and after you hold for 30 mins they suddenly realize she's not in the office. I'm at a loss on how they are in business. There is no customer service after the sale. Totally unacceptable.

April 1, 2014

I am sorry to hear of your experience, and I am aware of the situation. I will personally be in touch with your wife today if she is available. We will surely get this handled for you. Thank you Danielle Dewling GM

2007 Honda Pilot

by from Staten Island, NY |

I bought a 2007 Honda Pilot. A great experience especially considering that the purchase was on the bargain tier (as opposed to a new or "certified pre-owned" car). My salesman Boris and financial officer Anne Marie were all too happy to explain everything in front of me and answer any questions. I felt like my best interests were attended to since they worked with me so easily. I didn't feel like I was being sold on anything, which was very refreshing. When I inquired about the car through email I was impressed with the proficiency of the Hassel team in regards to emails and the internet. With my smart phone it's actually easier for me to trade emails sometimes than spend time on the phone. My test drive appointment was set up over email. I was also appreciative of how many managers I corresponded with -- Mr.'s Legault, Herring and Mastragelo and ultimately, Boris and Anne Marie were able to beat my personal bank's interest rate by around 1.25%. I completed the deal at about $40 a month less than I thought I could. I had negative associations to the car-buying process but I feel a lot better now. Glad I made the trip.

Absolute Worst Dealer

by from Glen Cove- New York |

Never waste your time with this dealer-treated my wife with absolute disrespect and tried to bully her into a $1200.00 brake job after owning the car for less than 10 months. Informed my wife that she couldn't leave with the car unless she signed a waiver releasing Hassell from any liability- bottom line if you are not paying cash for the car and expect to be treated like garbage-move on to a more reputable dealer.

July 19, 2013

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience of your experience. We truly want you to enjoy a well-running car and the service we provide. If there is anything we can do to ensure you of this, please let us know.

CaryAnn Bruce is dynamite!!!!

by from New York |

This is the third car I am buying from Hassel Volvo. They have a group of dynamite sales representatives and overall the staff is very welcoming. Overall, the entire experience on all three ocassions have been very pleasant. They keep in touch afterwards and ensure that you are happy with the car. I have had to call them once and ask them to make a repair on the car after I bought and they were very good about doing so, no hassel and no questions were asked. I even got my father to purchase a car after he lost his car in the Hurricane. I would highly recommed anyone to go in and ask CaryAnn Bruce for assistance. She possesses excellent interpersonal skills and listening skills.

Orin Gould

by from New York |

Our salesman Orin Gould assisted us in looking for 2012 Volvo xc t6r. The sales manager Dimitri was also present when completing the sale. Both of them were very pleasant and informative. We applaud them highly for their help and assistnce during the whole process. Thank you Chris and Barbara Blicharski

Wonderful Exceptional Service

by from Bellmore, NY |

I was looking for a honda CRV, and was hesitant to purchase from a private party or the typcal "used car lot" especially after Superstorm sandy with many flooded cars & possible auto scams. I was running into dead ends when I saw cars.com listed hassel as having the honda i was looking for, great condition, moonroof,although used, looking like new. I had a feeling based on all the pictures, and speaking with the pre-owned dept that I was going to go there & buy the car. The next night I took my family, my husband test drove the car,.and said we could move forward! I mentioned a couple things that needed to be looked at & fixed; and was agreed to make the adjustments. We got a great car at a perfect price. Everone, especially annemarie & Bernard were more than helpful. The best place to get ANY car, new or pre-owned, thank you hassel!

July 19, 2013

We are more than happy that we could provide you with a wonderful car-buying experience. If there is anything we can do to further your satisfaction, please let us know. Enjoy the CRV!!

Was able to negotiate the best deal possible!

by from New York, NY |

This was one of the most easiest and flawless transactions involving a vehicle purchase.

Hassel is Nothing but a Hassle

by from Kunkletown, PA |

To whom this may concern, I purchased a pre-owned Volvo XC60 from Hassel Volvo dealership in Glen Cove, NY. I went there not expecting to walk away with a car, but after a few test drives, I fell in love. I waited for six hours for the car to be prepared and a headlight fixed. I was assured that the car was certified and would pass inspection. Before leaving the lot, the saleswoman explained the features of the car, only furthering my excitement over this vehicle. I took the car the following day to be inspected by an authorized Pennsylvania center, as that is where I reside. To my surprise, the car failed! There was a bald tire that was deemed hazardous to drive with. Seeing as the car was certified, we asked Hassel to pay to replace all four tires as three different Volvo dealerships informed me that on an all-wheel-drive vehicle, all four tires must be replaced at the same time to avoid damage to the transmission. To make a long story short, Steven Janicek refused and said, the XC 6- was different from other all-wheel-drive vehicles and didn require it, so they would only cover two. I refused and said I would be bringing to car back to return it. I was completely dissatisfied with the service and the way I was spoken to; like I was an idiot. My father is the head mechanic at Bridgestone Firestone so I know a little something. Steven proceeded to inform me that he does, ot handle returns Hassel would prefer to have a car returned than to make good by the customer. They also refused to pay the $30 fee I had to cover twice for double inspection. I eventually got all four tires replaced out of my own pocket as I could not return the vehicle due to work scheduling conflict. Volvo North America covered 30% of the balance after Hassel paid for two. However, our service at Paul Volvo of Hawthorne New Jersey was just as appalling. They said there was nothing wrong with my tires until I went into the garage and showed the mechanic myself how to measure the tread and that when he saw what I was talking about. I asked to keep the two good tires, as one tire was bald and the other had gashes in it. Paul Volvo threw them in my trunk, no plastic covering, and gave me one good tire and one with gashes in it. The lady also complained behind the desk saying, ee glad you came back to get the tires you ordered or else we would have been stuck with four tires This is a Volvo dealership complaining about having Volvo tires. Hassel also registered my car with different plates one month late, so I could have been driving illegally, so I am now out another $40 because of their mistake. I was using my old plates and registered myself before they did anything. I am so disgusted with the service I have received from all Volvo dealerships, but mainly Hassel and Steven. I will never again purchase a Volvo and my family members were loyal Volvo customers who will also be purchasing other makes. Volvo has left a horrible taste in my mouth and I am quickly spreading the word warning people to avoid your horrible service. I switched from a Mercedes-Benz and I always left more than satisfied with their customer service. You need to work on your customer service because you are the worst I have dealt with across the board. Not one associate was knowledgeable and easy to work with. It is now two months later and I am still learning new features on my car because Alexandra Levinas didn know what she was talking about. I am also finding more scratches and dents, and a mismatched driver-side handle which Mercedes-Benz would never allow to leave their lot as that is embarrassing. They also change all four tires before a new driver takes it. Take note. I spent a total EXTRA of $1,300 from tires, gas, plates, surfer damage, and other fees due to Hassel error and lack of care. Hassel Volvo is nothing but a hassle! A Very Dissatisfied Customer, Steven B.

July 19, 2013

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience of your experience. We truly want you to enjoy a well-running XC60 and the service we provide. If there is anything we can do to ensure you of this, please let us know.