Kundert Volvo of Englewood

186 Engle St, Englewood, NJ 07631

Used 201-567-2300

Find a different Volvo dealer

by from Newburyport, Ma |

After failing my states safety inspection due to the tires I called my salesperson from the inspection station and informed him of this. He stated he was very sorry, that his tech told him the tires were fine and measure at 6/32nds. I informed him that only on the very shoulder of the tires did they measure 5 (not 6) 32nds and the tires were dry rotted. He was very apologetic for all of this and that he would correct this issue. It might mean having to drive back to the dealer though. I agreed that wouldn't be a problem and I would be willing to do this. However, this is where things became ugly. I followed up with Al after returning home from the Volvo Owners weekend in Vermont to him recanting his offer to replace the tires. I was then instructed to speak with Jesse, the manager. Our discussion at first seemed to be going pleasantly, however, when I questioned him on not replacing the tires since not only are they not at the 6/32nds, but they are also full of dry rot the conversation took a turn for the worst. The level of attitude and unprofessionalism was almost unbelievable. The language, the name calling, the slurs were at times a bit comical since I was more than willing to work with them. However, it seemed to me this wasn't the first time they have had to defend a car they sold - the level of protest was all too much. I was more disappointed since the work they had done to the car had to be corrected by my garage since it wasn?t fully fixed. A bunch of phone calls and emails later I was finally transferred to the owner of the dealership. The owner of the dealer replied to my comment about the shoddy work to the effect of: all dealers are out to charge as much as they can for service work. Meaning my dealer was just trying to overcharge me. After hearing this come out of his mouth I knew he not only didn?t he care about his dealer?s reputation that bears his name, but he cared even less since I live 2 states away. It?s truly disappointing I had to deal with this since I was incredibly thrilled with buying a new to me Volvo that I have wanted for some time now. They had promoted and advertised a rare Volvo that was in excellent condition and the price reflected it. Yes the car was clean and seemed to be well taken care of; however, the car I ended up with was not what they represented it to be. And they knew it. It?s truly disappointing that they felt OK with themselves to do this to someone-even more so since they touted being big on family and fair treatment.

Great Experience

by from Norwood NJ |

I went to this dealership after being to a few volvo dealerships in the area. I was immediately greeted by Jay. He was funny, personable, and really knew his stuff when it came to the cars. We saw a car online that we liked and he had it brought to his location the next day. He gave us a great deal and I will definitely recommend him to everyone I know. Englewood Volvo is definitely a great place to get a car.

Great Experience

by from Montclair, NJ |

I have never liked shopping for cars. Englewood Volvo (and Jay Tobia especially) made it so easy to make my buying decision. Jay was friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to help me in any way that he could. I had a great buying experience here and I will recommend Jay and Englewood Volvo to anyone I know looking for a Volvo. Thanks guys!