Liberty Subaru

New 888-291-0959
Used 888-279-1345
Service 866-630-3082

Family Owned Since 1977!

Great experience buying my first new (used) car

by from Parsippany, NJ |

Let me start by saying that this was my first time buying a car from a dealer, and everything about my purchase from Liberty Subaru couldn't have gone more smoothly. Ed and Jeff were great to work with - there was never any pressure to buy, and they were happy to answer all of my questions about the car and the buying process. Kevin worked tirelessly on a Friday night to secure the financing for my vehicle and to get my financing down to a range where I could afford the monthly payments. All told, I couldn't be happier with my experiences at Liberty Subaru so far.

May 5, 2014

Hi Steve S., Thank you for your business! Our goal is to make buying a car as easy as it SHOULD be. Best of luck with your "new" car! :)

Very postive experience .

by from Hoboken, NJ |

This is mainly because of Dan Lidestri in Sales and Kevin Mark in Financing. Dan was friendly, helpful and informative. Kevin was courteous and guided us through the loan application with patience. we were keen on getting a Subaru , for the first time, and both men made the experience pleasant and positive.

Excellent

by from Westwood NJ |

Excellent experience. Salesperson David Finkel was knowledge able and very easy to deal with.

Good Experience :)

by from prospect park, nj |

My family and I visited this dealership a few days ago for a test drive. We dealt with Jeff Milletta, who was professional, considerate and whose friendly demeanor really made for a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, we couldn't meet on a price, but I can't fault him/them for that. I appreciate the attention and respect that I was shown, despite us not agreeing on a price.

Good Experience :)

by from prospect park, nj |

My family and I visited this dealership a few days ago for a test drive. We dealt with Jeff Milletta, who was professional, considerate and who's friendly demeanor really made for a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, we couldn't meet on a price, but I can't fault him/them for that. I appreciate the attention and respect that I was shown, despite us not agreeing on a price.

Online inquiry through Car Connection

by from North Haledon, NJ |

Sent in response regarding my interest in a Forester and an inquiry as to how much an additional certified warranty would cost and never heard anything back. Checked my email and spam several times to be sure. I wouldn't go the same route again if interested in a car as far as responding to an ad . Something had to go through somewhere though as I've received several emails and calls from other dealers.

May 2, 2014

Hi, Don- Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I just checked our computer system, and I see we received requests from you at 7:12am and 9:21am on Tuesday, 4/22. Our sales staff starts their day at 9am, and I see Damon emailed you later that morning at 10:24am, and then again a few days later at 2:44pm on 4/25. Normally we'll follow up on the telephone, but I only have two phone numbers on file for you. The first is (333) 333-3333, and the other one is marked "Do Not Use This Number To Contact". This means that if for some reason our emails are not getting through, we have no way to contact you. Please give Damon a call at (201) 261-0900. If he's not available, please ask for his manager, Clayton. If for some reason you can't get either of them, my name is Rick...please ask for me and I'll be happy to get you the information that you're looking for. Thank you for the feedback, and we look forward to working with you!

Do not use them for service!

by from Athens, GA (previously Brooklyn, NY) |

At a little over 100,000 miles, I took my 2004 Subaru Forester to this dealership to get the timing belt replaced.  Told them I also wanted all the other parts normally replaced at the same time done (water pump, etc.) since the major labor expense of accessing the engine was already being incurred.  They only did the timing belt and did not discuss with me any other parts that were showing wear and tear.  A mere 3,000 miles later I had to have the timing belt re-done due to an oil leak (query whether Liberty Subaru negligently failed to identify this leak). But more to the point, it turned out the whole timing belt tension system (the rollers the belt turns on) needed replacing due to old age, as well as the water pump and several other inexpensive parts (again, it's the labor to get to these parts that is costly).  When I complained to the dealership about why all these parts had not been replaced as I asked, they first told me it was because it would have made my service bill too high.  When I said that should have been discussed with me so that I could decide whether to pay a larger one-time bill rather than paying for subsequent part replacements, they then claimed that everything looked fine when they replaced the timing belt and that they were not responsible for future work that was needed.  This second explanation was total BS according to the mechanics who did the second timing belt and who are former subaru dealership mechanics themselves.  Wear and tear that was obvious 3,000 miles later would have also been apparent 3,000 before. So my complaint is two-fold: poor quality of service work plus refusal to take responsibility for it. Do not take your car to be serviced by Liberty.

Superior Experience

by from Mount Kisco, NY |

I would highly recommend Liberty Subaru and most especially Dan Meola. I purchased my 2014 Subaru Forester from Dan and the transaction was as smooth as silk. I listed the options and he immediately responded with a quote, which was the best I had received. My transaction was completed over the phone and the custom ordered vehicle arrived one week later. Dan followed up the week after I had picked up the car to see how everything was. This was just a perfect experience. I have already recommended Liberty Subaru and Dan Meola to several friends.

May 5, 2014

Hi Jvonny, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others! Happy to hear your transaction went as smooth as possible! :)

Great Experience Buying My Crosstrek

by from Wyckoff, NJ |

Our sails rep Rob B. was really helpful and we closed our deal very easily. He made the process very smooth and we were very happy with Liberty Subaru. I would definitely recommend them when purchasing a Subaru

May 5, 2014

Hi, GregoryEA! Thank you for your review and for your confidence in us... glad we were able to meet your expectations!

Extremely Careless Dealership

by from Bronx, NY |

Stopped in to make a car deal. They took my $500 check as deposit. The next day they called me to say they could not work out a desirable financing package. I told Kevin, the finance manager, to tear up my check. He said "OK". Three days later my check hit my account!! I called Kevin to complain and said he was sorry. Ed, the salesman, said that Kevin was new and that he should have known the process. Evidently Kevin did NOTHING to even check on the deposit check as Ed would have told him it was already sent to the bank. All Kevin had to do was inform me of this and I would have made sure the check was good when it hit the bank (as I assumed it wasn't being deposited - I used the funds in my account). He didn't do anything about my request to tear up the check....absolutely inexcusable and careless for a finance manager working with a customer. I am now overdrawn (as I used the funds I thought were available) and was hit with overdraft fees and negative account fees until next pay day. All I get is "I'm sorry" and we will send you a check in 7 to 10 days. Unbelievable. They should have offered me to come to the dealership to get the money right now...but they showed their true colors. Avoid this place at all costs!!!!

Ed was extremely helpful

by from La Canada Flintridge, CA |

I contacted Ed about a used car advertised on the cars.com website and even though we weren't able to meet, I very much appreciate his follow through and when I am next looking for a car, he will be my first call.

July 8, 2013

Dear Thankful- I appreciate your taking time to tell us about your experience, even though you and Ed weren't able to put a deal together...please let us know when you're back in the market! -Rick