Rhoden Auto Center

(3.0) 8 Reviews

3400 S Expressway St, Council Bluffs, IA 51501

Rhoden's Service Center is a JOKE

by from Omaha, NE |

I shopped around and found a car and it needed repairs right away. I could not believe that the dealership charged me for the repairs too! Plus, the car had dog hair all throughout the car, they guy who "detailed' my car only shampooed my carpets and that's it. The car also had scratches from a dog all over the car! I decided to take the car because I needed a car right away so I figured I'd get it buffed and waxed, etc. I have had the car for about 8 months now and the car's transmission is slipping, oil lamp won't go off, hesitating and slamming into gears, the under carriage is loose, the side seat plastics are still loose, the steering wheel is squeaking when I turn, and the brakes are still squeaking as well. I took it in the service center at about 3 months because my car started idling really hard one day when I went to go start it. I took it in, a service center rep named Mark told me a squirrel chewed through one of the fuel injector cords. I have a full 2 year service warranty by the way that cost an extra $2,000 plus with interest. Mark first tells me I have some downgraded warranty plan that doesn't cover the issue, then I whip out the service plan and it shows it covers what the problem I have. after about a couple of days he then calls and says its still not covered and I owe almost $300?! I looked at the receipt and just the injector cord cost $25. My car is currently in the shop at the Rhoden service center and a guy named Jeff Spencer is now telling me there is nothing wrong with the transmission, there is nothing wrong with the oil lamp issue even though I brought it in a few weeks ago and he diagnosed it as a solenoid problem. He told me that the service center might not be able to do anything because he needs "proof" to the insurance company who handles the warranty... WOW... It seems like they do everything in their power to NOT fix your vehicle. What is the point in buying an extended warranty when you can't use it?! Please stay away from this place. I will never come back to Rhoden ever in LIFE.

Great Service

by from Omaha, Ne |

I went in to look at two vehicles I had seen on line. Terry Cooper was excellent to deal with. He was honest, caring and provided answers to questions I didn't even think of. He was even the one to point out a fix that was needed and it was repaired without any hassle when I came in to sign final paperwork. It was a great buying process and I would highly recommend dealing with Terry to my family and friends. It is rare to find his qualities in a sales person.

Best place to buy!

by from Council Bluffs, IA |

We purchased a GMC Acadia recently and the experience was amazing! Without ever mentioning anything, they put four new tires on our vehicle free of charge. It was unexpected and a genuine offer by the staff. Also, if you live in the area, you can stop by and use their car wash for free whenever you want. This was the most pleasant car buying experience I've ever had. Great staff!

Wouldn't buy from Rhoden

by from Nebraska |

We called a week ahead to drive 2 hours to Rhoden to look at a vehicle that they advertised as being a really clean vehicle. The interior was NOT clean, parts were broken (latch on center compartment, seat hindge cover,) seats were dirty, carpet had hard pieces of gunk stuck to it, deep gashes on modings and stains, etc. The service department left parts open on the vehicle which made us question their competency. The final straw was when we went to test drive the vehicle it started and ran for 30 seconds and died because IT WAS OUT OF GAS! We waited for quite a while for them to get gas and since it was taking so long we decided not to even test drive it.

Not a good experience

by from Council Bluffs |

Regarding service: I recently stopped and asked Service if they could repair a seat that had come loose and set it back a bit from the steering wheel due to my girth. I was told, yes they could do the work. Took it in for the appointment five week days later and was told that no, the set back would violate specs and couldn't be done. We discussed this some with me cajoling for the work, and left the Jeep to get the wobbly seat fixed. While waiting for my ride, I overheard the service rep mocking my views on moving the seat back to the mechanic and other reps. They called to report they would need to replace the seat adjustment mechanism (which worked, but was off the rail) and the parts would take 4-5 days and it would total well over $800. I settled up for the diagnostic and shop supplies at about $125 and vowed never to return, even if two vehicles were bought there over 17 years.

Good Dealership Overall

by from Omaha, NE |

Overall I had good experience at Rhoden Auto Center when I went to look at the Nissan Sentra they had on the lot. It was a super cold and windy day, and we had been looking a cars for a long time now and I needed something that I could afford on my budget - and my budget was super small. Despite the small cosmetic things wrong with the car, half of them they were willing to fix after we reminded them of them twice during the process. I drove the car and loved it, but there was very little negotiation on the price. Even though the car was in good condition mechanically wise, I was only able to talk them down 375 dollars, which put the car right at Blue Book and Edmund's values, but they really wouldn't budge. We were in there for almost 3 hours going through the whole process, but once we got to financing office, we were in and out in 30 minutes and the associate Jerry in the financing office was fenomenal! Very upbeat, very happy guy and he was more than willing to go over everything with me more than once if needed. Heck, he persuaded me to get the warranty that would cover all of the major costs with my vehicle, which really helps because its guaranteed until 90,000 miles and as a college student, that a great weight lifted from my shoulders. Now that I have the car, and wanting to get the repairs they promised to get done and the do the repairs I wanted to get done myself, its been difficult to get a hold of my salesman Mike. I don't know if he's been super busy or what, but when I call its almost like he doesn't even remember me. He remembers the car, but not really anything that we talked about on the fixes. I know I have a long list of things to fix, but I feel like I have to email him to get everything across. We will see how the repairs go this next week, but overall, I have had a great experience with Rhoden in comparison to my past experience with dealerships in my area.

Car Purchase

by from Council Blufs, IA |

I went to this dealership asking about a 2005 Buick LaCrosse that I thought I saw on-line for about $11,000. The salesman (Bruce T) couldn't find the 2005 LaCrosse on his printed inventory list so he asked me to show him where on-line I saw it. I tried to do that & realized I made a mistake & clearly the car I was asking about was not at his dealership. He asked to show me a 2008 LaCrosse with 46K miles that was listed near $15,000. I said no because that was $5,000 over my top budget .... long story short (seriously) this guy was nice & not too pushy at all he really worked hard to sell me that 2008 car & I bought it for $13,000 (including tax, license & registration)and I honestly feel I got the best deal around. It came GM certified with a 12,000 mile or 1 year warranty, free oil changes for 3 years and free car washes. Best part is .... I really love the car - it is a much nicer car than I thought I could afford. I feel really good about my purchase at Rhoden. In my opinion ... if you are looking at used cars with a low budget - go see them. My experience is that they will work hard to get you a great recent model car at a price that you can work with. They're good people.

Great place to do business, been there for years.

by from Iowa |

Bought several cars there over the years,nice thing is the same people are there everytime I go in.