Baxter Ford

18505 California St, Elkhorn, NE 68022

New 877-460-1780
Used 866-455-7944
Service 877-389-3542

Baxter, Driven To Be The Best..

Great customer service and sales representatives

by from Omaha, Nebrasksa |

Our overall experience with Baxter was excellent, everyone we encountered was down to earth and very helpful. Dan was on the phone with my husband Thursday evening for 45 minutes looking up cars on the lot and background information that fit our budget and needs. He was very patient and sincere in helping us. We came into Baxter the next night and looked at the cars he spoke of, and found one we liked. We got to take a ford explorer home for the night and test it out to see if we really liked it, and we were very pleased! Saturday we went in and bought the car with great ease and a lot of really nice people helping with all of our needs. We were there for about three hours waiting to finish up with all the paperwork and they detailed the vehicle and filled up with gas. As we waited, in the lobby, all the sales people were very nice and it was very clean. They made us feel very comfortable. In short Dan was great, thanks for making buying a car easy!

November 19, 2014

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your experience with our team here at Baxter Ford. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and I am pleased to hear that we were able to help you and your husband get into a new vehicle that was perfect for your lifestyle and your budget. I hope you two enjoy it for many years to come. Thank you for your business, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Customer service

by from Gretna, ne |

So I needed an oil change, but I was also leaving town on Saturday, so I called the dealership and asked to speak to someone in service, and was transferred to a polite lady in service. I told her that I needed an oil change and could I drop my Escape off on Saturday, just leave it and then I'd pick it up on Sunday? She enthusiastically said "sure!". So Saturday morning I take it to the service department and a kid there takes my name and phone number and I tell him that I will pick it up on Sunday. He said that the service department wouldn't be open on Sunday and I asked if the keys could just be left at the floor room desk and he said yes and wrote on my service sheets that the keys should be left at the floor room desk. Perfect. So we leave and drive 80 away to a family Christmas. As we are enjoying Christmas, I'm left a voice mail telling me that sales is actually closed on Sunday. Could I call back. Well, I'm not by my phone because of said celebration, so I don't hear the voicemail until Sunday which is of course too late. So guess what, I have to find a ride to work in Lincoln tomorrow and the lab work that is sitting in the back of my car will all have to have appointments rescheduled, so this blunder of not knowing when the dealership is open or not for cars to be retuned by a couple of people not only effects me but probably 6 more people. Not a happy camper. Oh yeah, drove tot the dealership this morning with my husband really hoping that my car would be outside as I have an extra set, but no, it sadly wasn't.

Less than satisfied

by from Hamburg Iowa |

I have recently tried to make a purchase from Baxter and I must say, the Finance Department consists of the most unprofessional people I have ever came in contact with. My husband and I found a car, filled out the loan applications, and drove the car home that night. We then received a call from Nick, our finance person, and he said we needed to come back and sign more papers. I tried calling him back numerous times for numerous days and left numerous voicemails. He NEVER returned a call. I finally received a call back and I asked what papers we needed to sign, of course, no one could tell me. So my husband and I traveled an hour and half back to Baxter to see what was going on. Nick walked right passed us and did not speak. Finally, our salesman stopped and asked how things were going and we explained the situation to him. He went into Nicks office and then we were asked to come in. They wanted more money for a down payment. I told them I was not willing to put more down ont he car. Nick said I could get a credit card but I told him no but later that week I received a card which I did NOT apply for. I have since been calling for the last week and have not heard anything from anybody about the loan! I have no idea what is going on with the process but I still have the car. Confusing, right!!! Buyer be aware of snakes trying to muddle you into something that is not right!!

January 4, 2015

I would like to express my sincerest apologies that we were not able to provide you with anything less than an exceptional experience. Customer service and satisfaction is something we take very seriously and I am sorry you did not receive the service or returned calls. We certainly do not condone this sort of business practice and I assure you we will be addressing it internally. I would like the opportunity to speak with you so we can find a solution that would be to your satisfaction. Please contact me at a time that is most convenient for you at 402-934-5656. Sincerely-Steve Oliver, General Manager.

Shocking Deal!

by from Crescent, ia |

John Carnes was great to work with! He made the deal happen for us and made it an easy and exciting process! We would buy from him again!

November 12, 2014

Thank you for taking some time to share your satisfaction with John and our team here at Baxter Ford. John has been a valuable part of our team for many years and I am pleased to hear that he was able to take such great care of you and get you a great deal on your new vehicle. We look forward to working with you again in the future when the time is right. Thank you, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Very good dealership

by from Papillion NE |

We bought a very nice explorer from Ryan and the buying experience was great...He listened to us, and was very easy to chat with.. I have nothing bad to say about any part of our day except the computer went down and we had to stay longer than planned....but it was worth it...

November 12, 2014

I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to share your satisfaction with our team here at Baxter Ford. Customer satisfaction is something we take very seriously and I am happy to hear that we were able to listen to your wants and needs and get you a good deal on your new Explorer. Feel free to call at anytime for any sales or service needs we can help you with going forward, Thank you, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Clint Paulsen, Sales

by from Waterloo, NE |

Clint was very easy to work with and was patient as we came back 4-5 times before making our purchase. Each time we got more information so that it became easier to make our final decision. He did not bash other car brands, etc. but just showed the positive attributes of the Ford. Very happy with our purchase and especially with the way Clint handled the entire experience! Beth Gorup

November 12, 2014

I want to thank you for your kind words and your business. At Baxter Ford, we take customer service and satisfaction very seriously and it is great to hear that we were able to answer your questions make you feel comfortable throughout your purchasing process. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you with future sales or service needs you may have. Thank you, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Buyer Beware!!!!!

by from Omaha, NE |

My wife and I stopped by looking for a used Ford Flex on 09/11/14. Our sales person was nice and though they did not have any in stock at this location, they had other locations to choose from. She promised to get back to us with a few options. True to her word she did. She found one on the lot over at performance Toyota. As I had gotten called in to deal with an issue at work we told her it might be later when we would look. We arrived at the dealership around 8:30pm. Drove the car, liked it and decided to negotiate price. When we looked at the price I told them that it was around $4,000 over valued. They went and double checked to find they had the car spec'ed out with a panoramic moon roof, "the only option it did not have," as we were told by our sales person. They were still $4,000 over. I asked to see their pricing list to find that of all the options they had listed on the car, only one, a $75.00 tow package, actually was on the car and they left one of the zeros off the milage making it 3,000 miles instead of 30,000. The sales manager came back acted embarrassed and assured me this was not intentional. ( i should mention it is still listed with these dishonest options on performance toyota's website as of my writing this. So unintentional....... seems more like the opposite.) Anyway, we got to a price we could agree to after much haggling. We told the salesperson that the car needed to be detailed, which she assured us would happen first thing in the morning. We made an appointment after giving them money to hold the car, finally leaving the dealership around 11:00pm. The next morning when we arrived at the dealer, I asked to see it and was told I couldn't just yet as it was being detailed. After 2.5 hours of haggling with their finance person on crap we didn't need or end up purchasing from them, which we told them up front we would not be needing or purchasing, we finally inked the deal. Upon finishing everything we walk outside to finally look in the daylight at the car, to find out there was hail damage that we could not see at night and that was not disclosed. We asked what could be done. The sales manager said forget the deal. So we did. To make matters worse, there was dust still on the car... How could that be if it was just detailed prior to us getting the keys? Maybe that was a lie too to keep us from noticing the hail and other body damage that this car had. Bottom line, they are liars, and time wasters I would rather walk, than buy from any of the Baxters or their dealerships.

October 2, 2014

I apologize for your recent experience; however, I feel you may be referencing another location as we currently do not have a salesperson matching the description of your review. If you are willing, I would like the opportunity to speak with you so I can better understand the situation and see what I can do to help you find exactly what you are looking for. Please call me at a time that is best for you at 402-934-5656 and I would love the opportunity to earn your trust and your business. Sincerely, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Great Experience Good Price!

by from Fremont Ne. |

Very helpful staff Dan was very helpful after talking to him for a short time he new exactly what I was looking for I actually ended up with a lot nicer vehicle than I was expecting to purchase when I walked in. Dan gave me a great deal and I couldn't be happier. Thank you Baxter and thank you Dan for a great experience and an awesome truck.

September 9, 2014

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your satisfaction with our team here at Baxter Ford. Dan is a great listener and I am happy to hear that he was able to find the truck that you were looking for with more options and features than you were originally looking for. I have no doubt you will enjoy your new truck for many miles and many years to come. Thank you for your business, Steve Oliver, General Manager.

AWFUL FINANCE DEPARTMENT

by from Omaha, NE |

I am honestly shocked to see so many POSITIVE reviews of this dealership- Let's start with the condition of my 2011 Jeep Compass when it was given to me... When I was handed the keys for the test drive-the car was a complete mess- Some thing resembling milk was splattered all over the back seat. The celing, doors, windows back of the seats- everywhere. The previous owner obviously had a small child. The front cup holders were dirty- the dash was as well. Allegedly, they had just gotten the vehicle and I was promised it would have been fully detailed if I bought it. I assume all cars come in a little dirty off a trade- and obviously I assumed the car would be clean and spotless at purchase- as any car would be at, especially at BAXTER JEEP- Well, when I picked up my car the next day- let's just say I spent TWO hours cleaning my "new" car- fresh off the lot. Complete b.s. If you ask me... The car is used- I get that- I didn't expect perfection- Just a little vehicle that I should not have had to clean up after the previous owner, right? -I don't have anything negative to say about the sales team- all of them were pleasant and helpful- But once you move on to finance- beware. Jay hofferber was my finance guy- Completely rude and unprofessional. I called the dealership 30+ times within the first month of purchasing my Jeep. I had, what I thought to be, important questions... Only to be ignored and/or hung up on. I left numerous voice mails and emails- And not just to him in particular- NOBODY would call me back. I would have loved to license my jeep before my in-transit expired... Except- they never sent out the information... Finally, 3 days before my car was to be licensed I called about 10 times and finally talked to somebody who told me I would get what I needed the next day. Well- 3 days later, my mother calls me (who lives 8 hours away) and tells me she received what I needed to get the plates/pay taxes... They sent EVERYTHING to the wrong address, 480 miles from where I live! And it arrived there the exact date it had to be done- so I had to have my parents rush to the courthouse in another county before they closed to plate my car across the state and then had to drive there to get them because there is obviously no way to send anything across the state in an hour. After this all happened I wouldn't have to deal with them again. Until my payment was about to be due, and I had NO IDEA where to send my payment. So here I go, calling, asking questions, being transferred to voicemail for days again. Finally I just sent a check to the dealership with my account number on it: A week later- I notice my check has not been cashed. So I call for 2 more days with the same treatment as I had gotten the entire previous month. Eventually I luck out and catch Jay and he tellse the payment is to be made to another establishment. There I was, 10 days past due on my first payment- by no fault of my own. It eats at me that I agreed to the warranty through them after being put through all of this... I honestly wish I would have went somewhere else- So now I have this warranty and am basically tied to going back to the dealership... That being said... I really hope that their service department has a little bit more respect for customers than their guys in finance.

August 14, 2014

I would like to apologize for your experience. While we are located across the street from Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, we are operate separately. I have informed the General Sales Manager, Rick Menicucci, about your concerns. Feel free to reach out to him at 402-493-7800 as I know he would be willing to discuss possible solutions. We wish you the best and would certainly love the opportunity to earn your business at Baxter Ford to assist you with future sales or service needs you might have. Should you have any additional questions, you can contact me at any time at 402-934-5656. Sincerely, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Great service

by from Harlan, IA |

We had a very positive experience with Baxter Ford when trading in our older model truck! John Carnes was extremely knowledgeable and helpful! He made this process easier for us! The selection was great and price negotiations went very well!

July 18, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with our team at Baxter Ford. John intently listens to the needs and wants of his customers and i am pleased to hear that he was able to make the process quick and easy for you. Let us know of any additional sales or service needs you might have in the future. Thank you, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Was Actually Fun!

by from Omaha, NE |

Got a great deal and love my new ride! Working with Ambrose was great and we had a lot of laughs and a great time! He threw in extras, and I got a great service package for a steal too! I'm still impressed and would definitely recommend Baxter. Thus far I'm unsure how they could've done better. I look forward to seeing how their shop does fixing upward of 10k in hail damage on our other vehicle.

June 18, 2014

Thank you for the kind words! It's great to hear that we were able to help you have a little fun while shopping for your new car. It is important to us that our customers have all of their questions answered and are comfortable from start to finish. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to earn your business. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellence in our service department, and hope to get your other vehicle fixed up as quickly as we can! Let us know how we can help and when you're ready to schedule your service. Thank you, Steve Oliver, General Manager.