Baxter Ford

18505 California St, Elkhorn, NE 68022

New 877-460-1780
Used 866-455-7944
Service 877-389-3542

Omaha's Largest Ford Dealer - If You Need It, We Can Get It, Fast!

Great Experience

by from Omaha, Ne |

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasant experience buying a car at Baxter Auto. This is by far the first time I can say buying a vehicle was leasant I was greeted by Garry as soon as I approached the door, and as we got to talking he was very honest and admitted he just started two weeks prior. We looked around, test drove a couple of vehicles, and if he didn know the answer to my questions he found it quickly. He was a very polite, low pressure salesperson. Soon after, Jayana came in and did a great job explaining some other options. Once I found a car and began talking about financing, that where my leasantexperience really began. I was introduced to Rocky, and wow is she amazing! She went through all of my financing options, listened to my familiesconcerns (which is what sold me), and came up with solutions. At times it seemed like she was more excited about me purchasing a car than I was! As long as Rocky works at Baxter, I don believe my family will purchase a vehicle anywhere else. Her professionalism, positive attitude, and care for the customersconcerns are rarely seen in business anymore. I teach sales and customer service training at my employer, and my experience with Rocky will be used as an example from now forward. Thank you Garry, Jayana, and especially Rocky for turning what is usually a frustrating process into a great experience buying my family a new vehiclee will be back!

December 27, 2011

Thank you so much for this outstanding review. We are very pleased to hear that Garry, Jayana, and Rocky were able to make your recent experience a positive one! They are great assets to our staff so thank you so much for recognizing them. We are glad that we could have changed your perception about car dealerships, and invite you in to work with us again. Thank you again for your valued business, and we hope to see you in the future. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for discounts, coupons, and specials. Regards, Shawn Arkfeld ? General Manager BaxterFordOmahaNE@gmail.com

Buyer Beware!!!!!

by from Omaha, NE |

My wife and I stopped by looking for a used Ford Flex on 09/11/14. Our sales person was nice and though they did not have any in stock at this location, they had other locations to choose from. She promised to get back to us with a few options. True to her word she did. She found one on the lot over at performance Toyota. As I had gotten called in to deal with an issue at work we told her it might be later when we would look. We arrived at the dealership around 8:30pm. Drove the car, liked it and decided to negotiate price. When we looked at the price I told them that it was around $4,000 over valued. They went and double checked to find they had the car spec'ed out with a panoramic moon roof, "the only option it did not have," as we were told by our sales person. They were still $4,000 over. I asked to see their pricing list to find that of all the options they had listed on the car, only one, a $75.00 tow package, actually was on the car and they left one of the zeros off the milage making it 3,000 miles instead of 30,000. The sales manager came back acted embarrassed and assured me this was not intentional. ( i should mention it is still listed with these dishonest options on performance toyota's website as of my writing this. So unintentional....... seems more like the opposite.) Anyway, we got to a price we could agree to after much haggling. We told the salesperson that the car needed to be detailed, which she assured us would happen first thing in the morning. We made an appointment after giving them money to hold the car, finally leaving the dealership around 11:00pm. The next morning when we arrived at the dealer, I asked to see it and was told I couldn't just yet as it was being detailed. After 2.5 hours of haggling with their finance person on crap we didn't need or end up purchasing from them, which we told them up front we would not be needing or purchasing, we finally inked the deal. Upon finishing everything we walk outside to finally look in the daylight at the car, to find out there was hail damage that we could not see at night and that was not disclosed. We asked what could be done. The sales manager said forget the deal. So we did. To make matters worse, there was dust still on the car... How could that be if it was just detailed prior to us getting the keys? Maybe that was a lie too to keep us from noticing the hail and other body damage that this car had. Bottom line, they are liars, and time wasters I would rather walk, than buy from any of the Baxters or their dealerships.

October 2, 2014

I apologize for your recent experience; however, I feel you may be referencing another location as we currently do not have a salesperson matching the description of your review. If you are willing, I would like the opportunity to speak with you so I can better understand the situation and see what I can do to help you find exactly what you are looking for. Please call me at a time that is best for you at 402-934-5656 and I would love the opportunity to earn your trust and your business. Sincerely, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Great Experience Good Price!

by from Fremont Ne. |

Very helpful staff Dan was very helpful after talking to him for a short time he new exactly what I was looking for I actually ended up with a lot nicer vehicle than I was expecting to purchase when I walked in. Dan gave me a great deal and I couldn't be happier. Thank you Baxter and thank you Dan for a great experience and an awesome truck.

September 9, 2014

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your satisfaction with our team here at Baxter Ford. Dan is a great listener and I am happy to hear that he was able to find the truck that you were looking for with more options and features than you were originally looking for. I have no doubt you will enjoy your new truck for many miles and many years to come. Thank you for your business, Steve Oliver, General Manager.

AWFUL FINANCE DEPARTMENT

by from Omaha, NE |

I am honestly shocked to see so many POSITIVE reviews of this dealership- Let's start with the condition of my 2011 Jeep Compass when it was given to me... When I was handed the keys for the test drive-the car was a complete mess- Some thing resembling milk was splattered all over the back seat. The celing, doors, windows back of the seats- everywhere. The previous owner obviously had a small child. The front cup holders were dirty- the dash was as well. Allegedly, they had just gotten the vehicle and I was promised it would have been fully detailed if I bought it. I assume all cars come in a little dirty off a trade- and obviously I assumed the car would be clean and spotless at purchase- as any car would be at, especially at BAXTER JEEP- Well, when I picked up my car the next day- let's just say I spent TWO hours cleaning my "new" car- fresh off the lot. Complete b.s. If you ask me... The car is used- I get that- I didn't expect perfection- Just a little vehicle that I should not have had to clean up after the previous owner, right? -I don't have anything negative to say about the sales team- all of them were pleasant and helpful- But once you move on to finance- beware. Jay hofferber was my finance guy- Completely rude and unprofessional. I called the dealership 30+ times within the first month of purchasing my Jeep. I had, what I thought to be, important questions... Only to be ignored and/or hung up on. I left numerous voice mails and emails- And not just to him in particular- NOBODY would call me back. I would have loved to license my jeep before my in-transit expired... Except- they never sent out the information... Finally, 3 days before my car was to be licensed I called about 10 times and finally talked to somebody who told me I would get what I needed the next day. Well- 3 days later, my mother calls me (who lives 8 hours away) and tells me she received what I needed to get the plates/pay taxes... They sent EVERYTHING to the wrong address, 480 miles from where I live! And it arrived there the exact date it had to be done- so I had to have my parents rush to the courthouse in another county before they closed to plate my car across the state and then had to drive there to get them because there is obviously no way to send anything across the state in an hour. After this all happened I wouldn't have to deal with them again. Until my payment was about to be due, and I had NO IDEA where to send my payment. So here I go, calling, asking questions, being transferred to voicemail for days again. Finally I just sent a check to the dealership with my account number on it: A week later- I notice my check has not been cashed. So I call for 2 more days with the same treatment as I had gotten the entire previous month. Eventually I luck out and catch Jay and he tellse the payment is to be made to another establishment. There I was, 10 days past due on my first payment- by no fault of my own. It eats at me that I agreed to the warranty through them after being put through all of this... I honestly wish I would have went somewhere else- So now I have this warranty and am basically tied to going back to the dealership... That being said... I really hope that their service department has a little bit more respect for customers than their guys in finance.

August 14, 2014

I would like to apologize for your experience. While we are located across the street from Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, we are operate separately. I have informed the General Sales Manager, Rick Menicucci, about your concerns. Feel free to reach out to him at 402-493-7800 as I know he would be willing to discuss possible solutions. We wish you the best and would certainly love the opportunity to earn your business at Baxter Ford to assist you with future sales or service needs you might have. Should you have any additional questions, you can contact me at any time at 402-934-5656. Sincerely, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Great service

by from Harlan, IA |

We had a very positive experience with Baxter Ford when trading in our older model truck! John Carnes was extremely knowledgeable and helpful! He made this process easier for us! The selection was great and price negotiations went very well!

July 18, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with our team at Baxter Ford. John intently listens to the needs and wants of his customers and i am pleased to hear that he was able to make the process quick and easy for you. Let us know of any additional sales or service needs you might have in the future. Thank you, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Was Actually Fun!

by from Omaha, NE |

Got a great deal and love my new ride! Working with Ambrose was great and we had a lot of laughs and a great time! He threw in extras, and I got a great service package for a steal too! I'm still impressed and would definitely recommend Baxter. Thus far I'm unsure how they could've done better. I look forward to seeing how their shop does fixing upward of 10k in hail damage on our other vehicle.

June 18, 2014

Thank you for the kind words! It's great to hear that we were able to help you have a little fun while shopping for your new car. It is important to us that our customers have all of their questions answered and are comfortable from start to finish. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to earn your business. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellence in our service department, and hope to get your other vehicle fixed up as quickly as we can! Let us know how we can help and when you're ready to schedule your service. Thank you, Steve Oliver, General Manager.

Bought Edge from John Carnes our salesman @ Baxter

by from Omaha, Ne |

On Feb 18th we went to Baxter to look at a bigger car than our Honda crv. We were met in the lot while browsing by a wonderful young man, John Carnes. He listened to our needs for something new but not too big, or expensive. We ended up in the show room and felt right at home. Baxter is a very friendly dealership, and we had been to a few others that didn't compare. Everyone involved was very professional. John was extremely patient with us, and not "pushy". We finally decided on the Edge and after the test drive decided to buy. John is truly a knowledgable , professional salesman. He guided us threw the rest of the process, which can be tedious !! We got a great trade $ for the CRV. And now have a wonderful, classy,beautiful,comfortable Ford. American made also !!!!!! I would highly recommend asking for John Carnes if you shop at Baxter Ford.

June 13, 2014

I would like to thank you for sharing your satisfaction and experience with us at Baxter Ford. We take great pride in providing our customers with quality customer care and products and it is great to hear that John was successful at helping you enjoy your experience at our dealership. I hope you are still enjoying your new Ford Edge. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding additional sales or service needs you might have. Thank you, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Worst experience I've ever had at any retailer

by from Omaha, Ne |

My wife and I leased a Ford Escape. When we wanted to get out of the lease early we talked to one of the sales people and he said we would need to pay the difference between the value of the car and what they owed on the lease (which actually was in our favor). We did the math and discovered we would save money by paying the difference this man was claiming we owe. Later we were told by the leasing agent that we didn't have a choice and needed to stay in the lease, and when looking at the lease agreement he was correct. We weren't upset that we had to stay in the lease with the exception that we had bought another car (from carmax) based on the original information of being able to get out for $1500 early. We were trying to reduce our monthly budget and didn't have the need for the SUV. The leasing agent was kind enough to agree to letting out out of the lease for $1400 because we had been given false information by a salesman. So, we showed up and turned in the Escape, signed the agreement and wrote them a $1400 check. A month later we are charged over $3100 by Ford credit and come to find out Baxter never ended the lease and never cashed the $1400 check. We were lied to twice and charged the full amount of the lease, after signing an agreement to end it for $1400. All of this while we haven't had the vehicle because we turned it in to them. Baxter was by far the worst experience in buying a car I have ever had and will never go back, recommend them, or have anything good to say. I will never buy a car from anywhere but carmax after my experience with them and my experience with Baxter. It's almost laughable that they're still in business. I was warned to not buy there, but I didn't listen.

June 10, 2014

At Baxter Ford it is our goal to always follow through on our promises and I sincerely apologize for any confusion you recently experienced regarding your lease turn-in. It was never our intention to mislead or lie to you in anyway and I am sorry if you feel otherwise. I would like to speak with you in further detail so we can see about resolving your concerns regarding the charges made by Ford Credit. Please contact me at a time that is convenient for you at 402-934-5656. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely-Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Love Baxter Ford

by from Omaha, Ne |

My husband and I really don't like buying cars, we don't usually have a good experience-However this time was different! Everyone we met with and worked with was awesome! Our sales guys, Clint Paulson, Jim Kallio , Andy Singh the finance person (thank you for giving us a little more insight to bettering our credit!) & Dan who had all the extras. We bought an awesome car and are having fun with it! We will be back!

April 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at Baxter Ford! Customer service and satisfaction is our main priority and I am happy to hear that Clint, Jim, Andy and Dan were able to show you your options, answer your questions and provide you with such a pleasant purchasing experience. Thank you for your business and you positive feedback, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

GREAT EXPERIENCE

by from Wahoo, NE |

I just happened to be browsing the Performance Auto Group website last week and found that Baxter Ford had a 2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid on their lot. I called to confirm that the car was there before going out to see it. My call was handled by John Carnes. John was pleasant, polite and very friendly. 2 days later, I actually bought the car. John handled everything and was very pleasant and helpful. I could not have asked for any better service. I highly recommend Baxter Ford and please ask for John Carnes to help you! jlw

February 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and others at Baxter Ford. John has been an essential member to our team and I am pleased to hear that he was able to answer your questions and get you a great deal on your Lincoln MKZ. We certainly appreciate your kind words and your business. Thank you, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

It just couldn't get any worse

by from Lincoln, NE |

Found 2012 Tacoma on cars.com. Contacted the dealer to confirm that the truck was at the lot Wednesday. I was told by a salesman that it was still there. I was not able to get to the dealer until Saturday so i called again on Friday to confirm the truck still there. Again the salesman confirmed the truck was there. He told me that it would be sitting right in front when I got there on Saturday morning. I wanted to confirm that the truck was still there because I was driving in from Lincoln. I drove down Saturday morning to test drive the truck. I did not see the truck sitting in front. I went inside and the salesman told me that the truck was not there. He said it was just taken to a different location the day before. He then said they have other Tacomas on the lot that i could look at. He basically lied to me to get me to the dealership. I left immediately. I drove back to Lincoln to test drive what i thought was a different Tacoma. As we were doing the test drive, we discovered the VIN matched the one we wanted to look at in Omaha at Baxter. We when asked the dealer about it they said they had the truck for about a week. I will never do business with Baxter. The salesman was very shady. I specifically told him I was driving in from Lincoln and he just wasted my time. He knew which exact vehicle I was looking for and he just lied to me to get me to the dealership. That is not they way I think you should do business. They are still listing the truck on Cars.com.

February 14, 2014

On behalf of Baxter Ford, I would like to apologize for any confusion regarding the Tacoma you were interested in. It was never our intention to mislead you in anyway and I am sorry if you felt we provided you with false information. I appreciate your feedback as we are always striving to improve our services to better meet our customers' expectations. If you are willing I would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience so we can discuss possible solutions and see about avoiding this from happing in the future. Please contact me at a time that is convenient for you at 402-934-5656. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager