Carriker Ford

1201 S 17th St, Oskaloosa, IA 52577

New 877-371-4172
Used 877-362-6646
Service 855-250-4116

very happy I went to carriker ford osky

by from ottumwa, Ia |

I had a very good experience with purchasing a used car. They asked me what I could put down, and what I could afford monthly. She showed me two very nice, clean vehicles. dana and her trainee was very helpful and treated my family(even my spirited five year old grandson) very well. The whole team was wonderful. Very pleased.

Misrepresentation

by from madison, wi |

After working with a sales lady over the phone to come to a reasonable price, I sent two employees with a check for the agreed price 4 hours to give the van a once over and drive it home. I was assured the van exterior was "clean" and that it had been gone over thoroughly by their mechanics and is in good working order. When my employees arrived they found a chip in the windshield, multiple rust spots on the van, steering out of alignment and a potential loose tie rod end and rack and pinion issue. None of these issues were disclosed, despite my request of a thorough mechanical inspection before we came down. What kind of dealer would sell a vehicle with a chipped windshield. I expected more from a dealership, this type of service gives car dealerships a bad rap. It was a waste of pay for two employees for 8 hours and gas. It is sad when you can not rely on a sales person to be upfront and honest with the product they are selling. If these items were brought forth, we would have never agreed on a premium price, which I am sure she knew. They should be ashamed of themselves.

ronald 2003 jeep wrangler (oskaloosa,iowa)

by from oskaloosa iowa |

it was a good experience. carlos brought me a soda, got my payments where I could afford them the whole team was great.

Great Deal at the Knoxville store

by from Knoxville, IA |

Had a great experiance buying a truck from Carriker Ford in Knoxville. No pressure sell. Paul our salesman was great! Will buy from them again!

Horrible People to work with!

by from Albia, IA |

We went in to buy a used car i'd seen on their website. First off we test drove the car, we then wanted to make an offer on it. We were then told that they had made a mistake and they had taken pictures of the wrong car. So they went and got the right car and lucky us it had less miles than the other one we had test drove. So we test drove the new one and decided we wanted it. That's when it got nasty. The sales manager gave a low ball offer on our trade telling us he had to do a safety check on it that would cost $1400 dollars. Then he proceeded to tell us that we had to purchase an extended warranty if we wanted to get a low interest rate. He kept pointing out that the car we were buying was way less than retail price and that it wasn't even supposed to be listed at that price. I kept saying I didn't want the extended warranty because the car was still under warranty and he refused to give me a price without it. He also wouldn't show me what numbers he was figuring with when I wanted to take it to my own bank. We finally got so irritated we gave up. I wouldn't recommend these people to my worst enemy! They are absolutely horrible!!!

Carriker Ford responded to this review

December 21, 2012

We greatly regret that this customer had a bad experience at our dealership. We do our best to achieve 100% customer satisfaction. I would like to personally apologize to this customer for their bad experience. I can assure you this is an exception, not a rule of how our customers generally feel about Carriker Ford. To address a few of the issues listed in the customer review... At Carriker Ford our safety inspections are actually done at no charge. The only time one would cost $1,400 is if there were $1,400 in safety related repairs necessary. Generally we are above an industry average when it comes to trade values, unless condition requires otherwise. All vehicle service contracts are optional. They are NEVER required to be purchased at Carriker Ford. The purchase of a service contract would generally not effect the interest rate, unless in the instance, that the bank offered a different rate with a larger amount financed. This rarely comes into play. At Carriker Ford, we price our vehicles quite aggressively online. This sometimes means that we have no further discounts available. This can be frustrating for the savvy shopper. We do our best to be flexible. Whether someone is paying cash, financing through one of the dealerships many lending sources, or getting the loan from their own bank or credit union, we will ALWAYS be glad to provide any customer a quote in writing. We can email, or fax it to your lender if you wish. In regards to the part where this reviewer refers to myself or my employees as "HORRIBLE PEOPLE". I too have had a "bad experience" at a few different times. I'm not sure I would ever go so far as to imply that those involved were terrible people. I'm sure if given a chance you will find that the people of Carriker Ford are kind and considerate people. We make our living helping people with buying vehicles. Customer service is a priority to us. At Carriker Ford we believe in helping our customers purchase a vehicle in the easiest way possible. We believe our customers should always come first. We offer financing to our customers, regardless of prior credit history.