Jim Schmidt Ford

405 W. High Street, Hicksville, OH 43526

New 888-694-4324
Used 888-695-3504
Service 888-925-6462

Jim welcomes you to his Family of Dealerships. Look for the BIG BLUE OVAL, the sign of TRUST!

Best Car Buying Experience Ever!

by from Grabill, IN |

Can't say enough about Rick Thiel and the great folks over at Jim Schmidt Ford. The visit was well worth the short drive out of Fort Wayne!! We ended up buying a 2012 Ford Fusion at a great price with very little haggling involved. They price all their inventory extremely competitive up front to take the hassle of negotiation off the table. We shopped around many many dealerships over the past three weeks looking at the same make and model so we definitely did our homework. Rick made the whole process so comfortable and easy without all the pressure you feel at other dealerships. We also have some credit issues which weren't a problem for their financing department. We got our payment right where we wanted it without the stress! They also follow-up after the purchase to make sure everything is going alright with the vehicle IN PERSON - no form e-mails or messages passed on by customer service here. We got a lovely hand written thank you note in the mail the next week. We cannot stress the excellent customer service enough! We'll definitely be going back here when it's time to start looking again. They've made a customer for life!

Excellent dealer

by from Fort Wayne |

I trade the car my crv with F-150 truck best customer service and best price for trade vale. Sale men Nora Yoda is best buddy :)

Never heard back from dealer

by from Albany, IN |

I emailed a request for more info on a certain car but never heard back from them by phone or email.

Never buy a Ford again!

by from Hicksville OH |

Well start off with when I bought my 2007 Ford Edge off them the paper work they sent me did not match the title and I ended up paying extra at the BMV because of it. Then after only 4 months my paint started to crack down to the metal over 75% of the vehicle. I had a professional look at it that said he had never seen a vehicle this bad and it would need a complete paint job. When I contacted them to complain they said there was nothing they could do but was willing to help me out and I could trade it back in for 3400 less than I bought it for a few months ago. I then took my Edge over to a GM lot and found out they would offer me the same amount so Jim Schmidt was not at all helping me out. My opinion is they sell lemons and don't back up their product or customers. I ended up losing $3000 when it was all said and done and now I own a new Jeep. I would never buy from this place again and if people were smart they wouldn't either. Also I would think the Ford company would be embarressed of such a place putting there name out front for the quality of vehicles they are pawning off on people.

The delaership redeemed itself

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

I wrote the review titled "not trustworthy" After I wrote the review, the GM of both Jim Schmidt dealerships gave me a call personally to let me know that he was appalled I was treated poorly. He righted the situation and I think it speaks volumes for the dealership. I would shop here again knowing that if you have any concerns whatsoever, to call Jim Yoder and he would get everything taken care of! Thanks again Jim!

Not trustworthy

by from Fort Wanye IN |

I had to drive 45 minutes, one way, to their lot for a car that I saw online, so I wanted to call to get a condition report before I made the drive. Chip Baker, the sales person I spoke with, assured me that the vehicles that are traded into them "have to start in the back and work their way to the front" and that the vehicles go through a very thorough inspection process. He specifically said that the dealership replaces brakes if they are 50% or less as well. That made me feel like that car would be in the condition I was looking for and decided that I was going to make the drive. The car looked like it had a fresh detail when I got there and was looking very nice. I took their word and pretty much just drove the vehicle around the block to listen to the suspension. It drove fine for the short distance I test drove it. When I returned from the test drive I thought I should at least take a peak underneath the vehicle, and low and behold the engine had DROPS OF OIL ALL OVER THE BOTTOM OF IT. It was leaking pretty good! It was the crank case AND the oil filter gasket. IT HAD TWO LEAKS!!! They told me that they would fix it and that I could bring it back whenever I wanted. I agreed to that, thinking it wasn't a big deal if they would fix it. Within 15 minutes of my drive home my brakes began to pulsate very bad. I talked to my mechanic and he explained that the rotors were warped and it gets worse when the brakes are used and heat up. Another thing that I feel that should have not happened if the salesman was honest about the inspection process. Of course they said they would fix that too, but I still had to drive 1 1/2 hour round trip to have them fix things that should have been seen if they really inspected the car. I made the trip within a few days of buying the car and they had the car ready in a few days. I made another 1 1/2 hour round trip to pick it up, and by the time I was 15 minutes away THE BRAKES BEGAN TO PULSATE AGAIN! They weren't as bad, but they were not completely repaired! They only serviced the front and it was coming form both. If they would have driven the car after they BAND-AIDED it they would have known it was still pulsating. When I called back they said they would look at it again, but I needed to bring it back to them. I had a quote from my mechanic for only $60 and began to explain the huge inconvenience it was and could they send me a check rather than me have to make TWO 1 1/2 hour trips again, one to drop off, and one to pick my car back up when it was finished. They told me that is not their policy, and I would have to bring it in. Then Chip Baker began to tell me that "our guys didn't just graduate from tech school" and basically that I don't know what I'm talking about. He thought the best way to handle the situation was to attempt to insult me. I have also been in the car business for 5 years and handled the service of 50+ cars a month myself. I couldn't believe that I was being treated that way. I asked to speak with Rudy the manager, and Chip's response was "let me know how that works out for you". Rudy had emailed me three times, from my initial contact, up to the day after I purchased the vehicle. Rudy said to let him know if I had any questions or concerns and to thank me for my business. HE NEVER RETURNED MY EMAILS OR THE THREE VOICE MESSAGES I LEFT FOR HIM AFTER I ASKED TO SPEAK WITH HIM REGARDING THE PROBLEMS I HAD. The initial sales process was good, but the complete disrespect I received from this dealership after the sale was EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. I also feel they are not honest about their inspection process. I highly recommend that if you don't have anywhere else to go, you take your vehicle to a mechanic that you know and trust before doing business with this dealership.

Great customer service

by from Kalamazoo, MI |

Great place with great people. I drove two hours to look at a truck that was ready for me to test drive once I got there. I wish I had more time to talk it over before I put a down payment on it. Not to say that the truck wasn't beautiful, just that the price was out of my reach at this time. Me and my Dad came down to talk it over the next day, and I was bummed that I couldn't buy it because I didn't want to sell my nice Camaro for a beautiful truck. I'm sure I'll be back. Thank you Wade and Jim for your time.

Grat Prce!

by from Payne, Ohio |

I was looking for a used Town & Country when I noticed Jim Schmidt Ford had one for what seemed like a low price. I thought there had to be something wrong with it but decided to go and look at it. To my surprise it was in very good condition. I am having trouble with one stow-n-go seat not unlocking and one piece of plastic trim that is loose but everything else is in excellent condition. The price was well below all others and they also gave me the highest trade-in value. I still can't believe they were so much lower then everyone else! And to think I almost didn't go because they didn't respond to my email question. Lowest price, highes trade-in - what is not to like?

Worth the drive

by from Dayton, OH |

I was in search of a used Ford Edge because my wife and I are about to have our first child. I had a 2012 Ford Fusion that I was looking to trade in. I live near Dayton and had taken it to several dealerships where they low balled me saying they could get one at auction for the trade in values they were offering. I even called out the one dealer that had 4 Fusions on their lot all being formal rentals from auctions. They did not care that my vehicle was well maintained and spotless. The only dealership that came back seeing the value of a one owner, well maintained personal vehicle was Jim Schmidt Ford. I emailed and spoke with Wade from Jim Schmidt Ford since they had some fairly priced Edges on their lot. I explained how far I lived away from the dealership and to drive all the way there was not practical to get an estimate for my trade. They allowed me to email them detailed photos of the vehicle and over the phone had given me a better price by far than any other dealer. I made the 3 hour drive to do business with them and the Ford Edge I had been looking at online was everything they said it was. Unlike another dealership that said like new in the advertisement, but actually had lots of scratches in the paint, several door dings, and the interior still had stains in the carpet. The next time I need a car I will not hesitate to look to see if Jim Schmidt Ford has the vehicle I need. Thank you Jim Schmidt Ford staff for making me feel comfortable, not pressured, and making the car buying experience pleasant again.

Great Experience!

by from Putnam County |

I recently purchased a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL at Jim Schmidt and couldn't be happier with both the car and the experience. Salesman Wade Krontz was extremely helpful, and the deal was terrific! The dealership itself was clean and the entire process was seamless. Wade even stayed late to complete the sale. Thanks for a great experience!

Great place to buy a car

by from Fort Wayne, In |

I purchased a 2012 Lincoln MKZ from your salesman Rick Thiel. During my visit he went out of his way to make sure that my needs were met, and I understood each phase of the transaction. I appreciate the low key no pressure approach to the sale. I feel that your highly competitive pricing along with the fair trade in value allow the sale to go smoothly.