Madison Chrysler

Used 203-245-0451

1 of 1 review

Poor Service after the sale

by from Amherst, ma |

I purchased a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in Oct 2012 from this dealership. The vehicle was purchased to be registered in MA. The dealership provided me with paperwork to register the vehicle originally filled out in the titled owners husbands name. Then in an attempt to correct that mistake, they sent me corrected paperwork in the correct owner's name but the dealership never signed the new form. On the third time, they sent the wrong version of the form, not the one intended for the DMV. While trying to get this straightened out and speaking with an employee at the dealership, she told me "this is why I hate dealing with people from out of state". Finally, it took four attempts and almost a month later to register my vehicle. I also had to pay interest on my sales tax because it took so long to register the vehicle. The vehicle also had a bra covering the front of the hood. While inspecting the vehicle, I asked "how does this come off" in an attempt to inspect under the hood. The salesman replied "I'm not sure, it's really on there" as we both made a brief attempt to remove it. At that point, I assumed in good faith that nothing was being hidden. When I got the vehicle home, a few days later, I removed the bra and discovered that the paint was badly faded and the hood needed to be repainted. The dealership claimed to not be aware of the paint fade. If they had detailed the vehicle proper prior to delivery, they would have noticed this. They made no offers to correct the problem. After finally registering the vehicle, I contacted the dealership and requested a refund or partial refund for the dealer's documentation fee. After not hearing back, I filed a complaint with the better business bureau. When the dealership was notified, I was contacted by the vice president of the dealership informing me that he thought his salesman was following up with me and that his salesman thought he (the Vice President) was following up with me to resolve the issue. He then advised that, since I filed a complaint with the BBB, he is not willing to work with me and that he is upset about the complaint.

(1-1 of 1 review)