Bob Thomas Ford

2215 Dixwell Ave, Hamden, CT 06514

New 888-307-6044
Used 888-598-5456
Service 888-925-9264

Where Your Friends & Neighbors Buy Their Cars!

Great Purchase Experience

by from Hamden, CT |

I went to Bob Thomas Ford looking for a new car after twelve years in my Explorer. I worked with Colby who was very knowledgeable, helpful, and courteous. Bob Thomas also met with me to welcome me to the dealership and let me know he was at my service. I expected to leave with a certified pre-owned Explorer. Colby showed me the new Flex with the eco-boost engine and I was sold. No high pressure sales, just great service.

May 12, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write a review about your positive experience with our dealership! Your business is important to everyone in all of Bob Thomas Ford's departments as we want to be your only source where you'll know that you'll always be completely satisfied! We know that we have to earn your business every day which is just part of the reason why Bob Thomas Ford has one Ford's Presidents Award not once, but twice in recent years. Thanks again for your review!

Unnecessary Alignment

by from Hamden, CT |

Bob Thomas Ford recommended an unnecessary wheel alignment for my car. When asked whether the recommended alignment was necessary, Gary Shelomis, service manager, confirmed that it was necessary and that it needed to be fixed before I could drive my car. Because of the $130 price of the alignment, I asked for second opinions from Firestone and Town Fair Tire. Both reviewed a printout of Bob Thomas Ford?s alignment measurements and advised that an alignment would not be ?necessary? and that $130 would be excessive for an alignment even if it were necessary.

Unnecessary Alignment

by from Hamden, CT |

Bob Thomas Ford recommended an unnecessary wheel alignment for my car. When asked whether the recommended alignment was necessary, Gary Shelomis, the service manager, confirmed that it was necessary and that it needed to be fixed before I could drive my car. Because of the $130 price of the alignment, I asked for second opinions from Firestone and Town Fair Tire. Both reviewed a printout of Bob Thomas Ford?s alignment measurements and advised that an alignment would not be ?necessary? and that $130 would be excessive for an alignment even if it were necessary.

New Ford Escape

by from Orange,CT |

I asked 3 dealers for Internet pricing on a 2014 Ford Escape. Bob Thomas Ford had the best price, responded quickly and had an excellent follow up process. The overall buying experience was hassle-free.

August 12, 2013

Thanks so much for your positive review on your experience doing business with Bob Thomas Ford! Sharing your experience with an online review is important to us as we constantly strive to exceed customers' expectations. As a two time Ford President's Award winner, we know that we have to earn your business every day. We want all customers to have the same experience as you. Many dealerships claim to have a dedicated Internet department but at Bob Thomas Ford there's actually three of us working full time to make sure that our online inventory is as up-to-date as possible. Our online inventory is updated constantly with actual vehicle photos and notes to make sure that our potential customers have the most accurate vehicle information possible. Most importantly, our BDC Manager, Nancy Lee and our Internet Representative, Danielle, do everything possible to get customers the exact vehicle they want. If we don't have it in stock, our concierge service will find it. Thanks again for you positive review which is greatly appreciated!

They go out of their way to make you happy!

by from Berlin, CT |

I have been a customer of Bob Thomas ford for several years and have always been treated exceptionally! From the sales department, to parts and service and the body shop everyone at the dealership is nothing but helpful and pleasant to work with. As an example when I purchased my last new vehicle, an F150 my husband was working and didn't have time to take delivery and pick up the truck. The staff at Bob Thomas ford offered to deliver it to my home! That's customer service! I'd recommend them to anyone in the market for a new ford or any used car. Very fair and very honest.

February 9, 2013

Thanks for your positive review which is greatly appreciated! Our concierge service is available to all customers so that we can provide the ultimate in customer service and satisfaction. Just last week we delivered vehicles to Florida for a customer but we?ll deliver vehicles nationwide in order to meet our customer?s requirements. Your business is important to us and we know that we have to earn each customers business on a daily basis. Our goal is to always ?under promise? but ?over deliver? for our customers! As you?ve already experienced, every department works as a team with the singular goal of providing each customer with the best experience possible. Thanks again for your positive review!

Wonderful experience

by from East Haddam, CT |

Just purchased my third new car from Bob Thomas Ford. It's the only place I go for new cars. I trust them. The staff is friendly, understanding and knows thier stuff. I was unsure what car would best suit my needs so our sales person spent most of the day letting me drive whatever car I wanted. When I settled on an Edge, Bob Thomas Ford found me a fantastic financing rate. If I have questions about my cars, the staff answers them. When my cars need service, I receive a full report of what is needed, when it is needed, and the cost. There is just no reason for me to give my business to any other dealer.

January 30, 2013

There's nothing we like more than hearing from a customer that's happy with their experience and is willing to share that experience with others! We try to operate with a very relaxed atmosphere and all our employees are dedicated to working together as a team. At Bob Thomas Ford, we have daily "Managers Meetings" each morning so that all departments sit together in order to review all pending customer transactions, concerns or needs so that everyone knows the priorities to be addressed for the day. This ensures that whether a customer's purchase, service or body shop needs require another department's involvement, that all the those department managers are aware of it so that they can follow-up. Our goal is always your satisfaction. Your loyal and repeated business is the ultimate reward! Thanks again for your very positive review!

Excellent Car buying experience

by from East Haddam, CT |

I go to Bob Thomas Ford for all my service needs. Their expert work and advice has allowed me to stay with my Explorer for 200,000 miles. Without hesitation I went to Bob Thomas Ford looking to replace my Explorer not knowing exactly which model I really wanted. The staff was so attentive and knowledgable they listened to how I use my cars and helped narrow down my choices. I drove 5 cars that day, both new and used. It came down to either one of the certified used cars they had or to go with a new one. In the end I chose a new Edge. The whole process was seamless from start to finish. I never felt rushed or pressured. When I asked if they could have it ready today, no problem. The car was ready by the time we finished the paperwork. Then they took the time to make sure I understood all the new Syc systems and walked me through the settings. While all this was going on, the service department was working on my 200,000 mile Explorer that I intend to turn over to my son. That too was done by days end even though I procrastinated on whether to fix it or not. I left feeling very satisfied with the whole process and love the Edge.

January 30, 2013

There's nothing more important than customer satisfaction and your very favorable review is greatly appreciated. We know that we have to earn your business every day which is why we at Bob Thomas Ford try to make every customer feel comfortable. Whether your visit is to the sales, service, parts or body shop... We want everyone to know that we'll do everything we can to assist you and want to exceed your expectations and earn your future business as well! As a team we'll always try to under promise and over deliver! Great to hear that your Explorer has 200,000 miles and still going strong! Thanks again for your great review!

Wonderful experience, exceeded expectations!

by from Hamden CT |

Last month I was in the market for a new car. I spent a lot of time online researching what I wanted. I was downsizing cars as well, and was pretty sure what I was looking for and the price range I wanted to stay within. I only went to one dealer, and Lexi (at Bob Thomas) was an excellent choice. She listened to my needs, did not try to upsell me and the overall experiences was low stress and very pleasant! I was overjoyed with all the financial aspects of the deal, along with the financing. No complaints at all and I love my Fiesta! and one more thing...I had put off buying a car because I was afraid of a bad experience (after having many over the years); I would recommend (and will go back) to Bob Thomas anytime.

May 3, 2012

There's nothing more important than customer satisfaction and your very favorable review is greatly appreciated. We know that we have to earn your business every day which is why we at Bob Thomas Ford try to make every customer feel comfortable. Whether your visit is to the sales, service, parts or body shop... We want you to feel comfortable and know that we'll do everything we can to assist you so that we exceed your expectations and earn your future business. Thanks again for your great review!

vehicle may not be there even if you call

by from Long Island, NY |

Call dealership before taking long trip (100 miles) to see a used car. Was told that the vehicle was still available. Upon arriving at the dealership to see the vehicle was informed that the manger had taken the car home for the weekend to show it to prospective buyer and had sold it. Apparently left hand does not know what the right had is doing in this dealership.

March 10, 2012

There?s nothing more important to the success of any business than a satisfied customer. At Bob Thomas Ford we take every effort to not just meet but exceed customer expectations. We?ve been much better than our competition as evidenced by being awarded Ford?s President?s Award two out of the past three years. Even so, there are times when even our best efforts fall short of customers? expectations for reasons that are beyond our control. Most often, it?s the customer that?s dissatisfied with a sales or service experience to be the most vocal in expressing their frustration. Rather than dismiss a customer?s negative feedback, it?s important for all to know that it?s the negative feedback, as rare as it is, that helps us make an even greater effort to address the original complaint in order improve future customer?s experience. Bob Thomas Ford?s online inventory is updated every day and for many websites it?s updated continuously on a live basis as inventory status changes. We?re also one of the few dealerships that provide actual new vehicle photos for inventory in stock compared to the majority of dealerships that rely on using factory stock photos. In addition, whenever we have a deposit on a vehicle and the pending deal is considered firm, the vehicle is immediately removed from our available online inventory. The last thing we want is to receive Internet inquiries for a vehicle that we know is sold! On rare occasions, a vehicle may arrive at the dealership and is sold within hours. Should this happen over a weekend, as in this case, a customer may make a long drive to the dealership only to find that the vehicle has been sold already to another customer. We do the best that we can to make sure that the information we provide is accurate but sometimes a vehicle?s availability can change within hours and when it?s over a weekend, difficult to update online immediately. At Bob Thomas Ford, our goal is to always exceed customers? expectations. On the rare occasions when we don?t, we want to know so that we can prevent it from happening again.