Deter Motor Company

100 E 2nd St, Atlantic, IA 50022

New 855-780-4094
Used 877-780-5268
Service 866-385-5183

"Experience the Deter Difference!"

Great Experience!

by from Essex, IA |

We found a truck online that we liked and Chas made sure to answer all of our questions before we got there. The truck was ready to go and better condition then we expected for the price. I would gladly shop here in the future and recommend others to shop here as well!

Drove 10 hours RT, excellent service

by from Moberly, MO |

Had such a wonderful experience, we found our truck on the Internet and Chas help us all the way. He was very honest about the truck, letting us know about the defects. While we were driving to the dealership he moved the truck inside because he was concerned that it was going to rain. He also noticed that the rear driver side light cover was lose a And searched for the part. He wasn't able to find one so he ordered one and mailed it to us. There is a reason why people come from all over the U.S. to this small town dealership in SE Iowa, it is because of their focus on the customer. I have purchased 10+ cars in my life and hands down this was the best experience.

Drove 10 hours RT, because of Chas. Excellent Serv

by from Moberly, MO |

My husband and I researched buying a truck for months, one caught my attention and from the moment I contacted the dealer I experienced nothing but top notch service. We live 5 hours away from the dealer, so everything was completed through texts, phone calls and email. Having purchased over 10 cars in my life I would have never thought that I would do my car buying business this way, Chas was very up-front and honest about the used (7year old truck) truck I was purchasing. My biggest fear was that we would drive all that way and would be totally disappointed. When we arrived at the dealership, we found out that he moved the truck inside for us because it looked like it was going to rain. As we were looking at the truck, he told us that as he was doing a final inspection he noticed that the rear driver cap over the light was lose and he called around town to find the part to have it fixed before we arrived. He couldn't find it, so he ordered the part and mailed it to us. What kind of salesperson does stuff like that! A top notch one does. Everyone we interacted with provided excellent service, and I will definitely be returning. There is a reason why many people travel across time zones to do business with this dealership in a little small town in SE Iowa, because they do things right.

good service

by from atlantuc, Iowa |

Scott woolsey did a great job with the inspection, and found a problem with my tires. That could have been a bad deal if I would have been driving and had a blow out. Good job Scott!!!

Warranty work and general service

by from Atlantic Iowa |

Everything went as scheduled. Full information was given ahead of the appointment for some warranty work on a 2007 Jeep Liberty.

Great service, professional staff, excellent work

by from Atlantic, IA |

Friendly staff and professional at what they do. I was very pleased with the body work that was done on my car.

Great Service, No pressure, Easy Buying Experience

by from Atlantic, IA |

Deter Motor continues to earn my business, because of the great service, no pressure and bottom line the best price. They did not have the vehicle on the lot, but they went out and found exactly what I wanted. I recommend the Deter Motor buying experience. You will be glad that you gave Deter's a chance to earn your business.

Great small town service

by from Harlan, IA |

Deter Motor was great to work with. From the salesperson to the manager to the finance manager, everyone was very nice. Great small town service, so much better than any we've dealt with in the past, and got a great vehicle!

Great service...good deal

by from Griswold,IA |

Repeat customer ...Tom knows us when we walk in the door!

friendly, helpful, easy to work with

by from exira, ia |

apprehensive & nervous about buying a NEW car. but......... sales person & finance person were helpful, to the point of answering questions. straight forward with dealing. didn't try to slide by or over sell. phone info was as good as face to face. practically bought the car over the phone & sealed the deal on the test drive.