Sexton Ford

3802 16th St, Moline, IL 61265

New 888-893-4722
Used 888-446-1261
Service 866-869-2267

We are the "Talk of the Town"

Dealership as a whole

by from Coal Valley IL |

Always treated like family, No matter Make or Model we always buy from Sexton Ford. I'm not only a Ford guy I'm a SEXTON FORD GUY!!!!

January 31, 2014

Thank you!

Buyer beware!

by from East Moline, IL |

Buyer beware! Do not trust these guys. Go to Reynolds Ford or even Dahl in Davenport. Seriously. They will say ANYTHING to make a sale. I bought a vehicle last year and I was promised a cargo cover and a few other things once everything was signed and good to go. After I left, not a dang thing. Nothing, they acted like the conversation never happened. Then when I check my credit, they literally ran my credit and did a hard inquiry, every single time I sat down in one of their offices to discuss financing within the same week! Do you know how much that lowers somebody's credit score? They did it without my permission because I NEVER would have agreed to that. One time is enough and that's all they need to see. Not every single time you walk back into an office and sit down a day or so later. Then when I called and asked them to remove it, or to talk to the owner, all I get is excuses. I'll be leaving negative feedback with Ford Corporate to factor into their annual reviews and dealership awards and I am currently disputing the extra credit inquiries. I'll adjust my review if they can provide better customer service and stop playing games!

October 15, 2014

Here at Sexton Ford we strive to provide an awesome sales experience for each customer we deal with. If we owe you an item or service, please provide the agreement and we will gladly take care of it. The security of our customer's credit and private information is one of the highest priorities. Sexton Ford has thousands of satisfied customers. We do not check credit every time a customer takes a seat, in an office, at our dealership. We provide a great inventory of vehicles. We offer low, low prices and we appreciate your purchase you made.

RE: Buyer be warned, questionable sales ethics.

by from moline, IL |

Customer service is not dead! thanks again for the call back and hope to do business with you in the future. Thanks for the updates.

September 27, 2014

Thank you for allowing Sexton Ford to review the concern and make the corrections. We look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks again! Derek Lehmann and Chris Timper

Buyer be warned, questionable sales ethics.

by from Geneseo IL |

I was all set to buy a car from this company and was completely baffled and amazed at the lack of professionalism demonstrated. I went there with a set price in mind in which the salesman was quite happy to help. After talking and looking at several cars in the computer, I was presented with an option for a nice car. I was shown a car and was allowed to test drive it. I had financing available to me from my credit union, the response from the salesman was "not a problem" The only error on my part was I had to go retrieve my checkbook to pay for the car, which was roughly an hour round trip. When I arrived to pay for the vehicle, some "mysterious" buyer with cash in hand had come in and bought my car just like that. Not even a phone call to tell me "hey your car has been bought, or I have another person on the lot that is going to buy the car" After this little dog and pony act, the salesman shook my hand and said sorry and walked away, and did not even offer an alternative vehicle. After being gone only a short time I had noticed the car was in the exact same spot where I had parked it, and the salesman was lounging about outside the dealership without a care in the world. So this mystery buyer drove the car and left it in the exact same spot as I had and nobody even bothered to put a sold sign on the car?! This all seemed a little fishy to me so I went to another dealer and spent my money there. I can't recommend this dealership to anybody with their questionable sales ethics. Buyer be warned, proceed at your own risk.

September 27, 2014

Please see the RE: response listed above. Thanks!

reply would be nice....

by from Ladd Illinois |

The man I Emailed seemed very nice although he never got back to me. I was told that car I was interested in was sold so I asked if he had anymore like it and I never got reply. I would understand if he didn't but why didn't he just say so instead of not replying at all. That just seems sort of rude to me.

August 11, 2014

Hello, I'm sorry that our salesmen did not follow up with your request. Please feel free to reach out to our management team. We would like to have the opportunity to earn your business. Please contact our dealership at 309-797-3911 or management@sextonford.com We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks! Sexton Ford

Great Salesman

by from Davenport, IA |

My sales experience at Sexton Ford was excellent, we test drove the vehicle, Salesman Andy Rhoades, reviewed everything to a T, and was very impressed by his knowledge of the vehicle. Andy was awesome to work with, knew what to do and got us in and out, by far the best sales experience I have had. would recommend anyone looking for a vehicle to go see Andy Rhoades at Sexton Ford.

June 13, 2014

Thank you!

Great, until we actually wanted to make a purchase

by from Davenport, IA |

My husband and I had a good experience up until "negotiations". Our sales rep was not pushy, let us walk around the lot first and gave us some time to look over the car on our own while he printed out a CarFax report. We came back the next day, took it to the mechanic who noticed a few issues (needed new shocks, some minor seepage on the transmission and brakes that needed new rings, etc)-- nothing that couldn't easily be fixed. We decided this was the car for us. We tried to talk down the asking price because of the issues the mechanic found, and because of the age of the car (10 years). That's when things took a turn for the worse. He would not budge on the price and finally conceded to an insulting $500 off. We let him know that there was another car in the area that was the same make/model, almost identical mileage, and had extra features for significantly less then what they were asking-- still wouldn't budge. Early in the process, he made an off-hand comment that the manager was thinking about purchasing the car for his son, and if that's true, might explain the complete lack of negotiation and why Sexton Ford wasted A LOT of our time. Guess we'll be looking at the other car next week.

June 13, 2014

Hello, First and for most, Thank you for choosing Sexton Ford over the other similar vehicle located within this area. We greatly appreciate the opportunity. I am sorry that we were not able to come to agreement on a final price. Our Sale tags are clearly posted in our vehicles, to help the shopper see our sale price. Our competitors tend to hide prices until negotiations. Sexton Ford is up front with the customer and clearly states the sale price of our vehicles. Please feel free to contact our sales manager for any additional questions, comments or concerns 309-797-3911 Thank you, Sexton Ford

Frustrated with negotiations.

by from Reynolds, Illinois |

I was unable to purchase a car at Sexton Ford, because they did not want to negotiate price of a used car. I have always negotiated prices on cars I have purchase, but they would not budge on their sale price. I like to start out low and meet in the middle, but never got a chance. I was purchasing a used car for $2495 I offered $2350 out the door. I know that would not fly, but I was hoping to meet in the middle at $2700. I basically was told no and that was it. I am upset, because I have been a customer of them for 25 years. I bought my first new truck through them, and even brought my oldest son in to by his first vehicle there last year, in which I cosigned for him. I will not return tom Sexton Ford to buy another vehicle again, so I guess I will be going across the road to Mills.

April 29, 2014

Hello, First and for most, Thank you for 25 years of being a Sexton Ford customer. Your repeat business, trust and confidence has built our name and brand over 50 years strong. I am sorry that we could not come to an agreement on this particular vehicle. Please feel free to call me personally and discuss other available vehicles within your budget. I would be more than happy to help assist with your shopping experience. Once again, I apologize for your recent experience and I hope we can do business again. Derek Lehmann, Manager 309-797-3911

Very disappointed

by from Moline,il |

I bought a used 2009 dodge journey from here a few months ago and have had to have it in the service department 4 times and have it towed 3 after getting stranded out in the cold with my kids because the car wouldnt start. Kept getting told that nothing was wrong with it and to wait for the problem to happen again!! In the middle of winter was told to wait for my car to break down again on me and my kids then have it towed back! Finally they took it to a dodge dealership and i ended up havin to pay over a hundred dollars for some loose wires which they sworw fixed the problem...nope! Car wouldnt start again last night after taking my family out for dinner so was stranded in the cold again! Very disappointed in their lack of wanting to help solve this issue...was sold a lemon!!!

March 31, 2014

Hello, On behalf of Sexton Ford I would like to apologize for the experience you have had with your pre-owned 2009 Dodge. I understand for frustration and we will do everything we can to help. For our customer convenience we always provide a loaner vehicle when repairs total over two hundred dollars. Did you receive a loaner vehicle? Please feel free to call our dealership and try resolve current issue. 309-797-3911. Once again, I am sorry for the experience you have been put through. We hope to hear from you soon. Thanks! Management

Great service

by from Violet, LA. |

in the process of searching for a used vechicle, I happen upon the Sexton Ford dealership's site. Here I found just what I was looking for, and at a great price. Even though this was a long distance purchase,(I live in LA., and the dealership is in IL.),the salesmen that helped me with the purchase, were very professional throughout the entire purchase process. I'd like to thank Mr. Mark Sloan, & Mr. Howard Pierce for their commitment,..also I'm more than satisfied with my 2011 GMC Sierra, and I would have no problem in making a purchase from here again. Again,..thank you, G. Wagner

March 30, 2014

Thanks!

Salesmen like turkey buzzards.

by from Iowa side of the river |

Was interested in a 2003 diesel pickup but they would not let me take it to my mechanic or even let me test drive it. But sure wanted to "do what ever they could to get me into that truck TODAY" I was already pre approved for a loan, but did not tell them that I had the check in my pocket. Was going to see if i could get a better APR from there people. So all in all, after doing a car fax on the pickup and finding out it was totaled, I see why they did not want anyone to look into it close. Just remember the ones that look like rednecks, and have the scruffey beards, might just be the owner of a company and have the $$ in pocket.. Wont EVER go back there.

January 15, 2014

Robert, Good afternoon! Thank you for your feedback about your recent experience at Sexton Ford. I would first like to apologize on behalf of the company. Next, I would like to address the concerns that you have stated. Unfortunately, with our new and used vehicles our policy for test drives is confined to local mileage around the dealership. We can not assume liability taking this truck to Iowa City, IA ( 50 miles from dealer ) and having your mechanic do an inspection. Round trip, that would be 100 total miles. This policy is a very common practice among dealerships. We welcome local inspections on a daily basis but, that did not seem to be an option for you. As for the car fax report, Our sales tag, in the window of the truck, clearly displayed "Mechanic's Special". We also provide Auto Check ( similar to Car Fax ) reports available on or website at www.SextonFord.com. This feature allows the customer full access of vehicle history reports 24/7 without contacting the dealership. Once again, I apologize for your experience but I also believe your mechanic should have been available in Moline, IL for a local inspection and not assuming that you could drive this truck to Iowa City. Please contact me personally regarding this issue. I would be more than happy to do my best to help. Thanks! Derek Lehmann Manager 309-797-3911