Mike Anderson Chevrolet Of Merrillville

1550 E 61st Ave, Merrillville, IN 46410

New 877-468-9796
Used 877-892-0376
Service 888-293-9384

2011 & 2012 GM Dealer of the Year!

Absolute Wonderful Experience!

by from Merrillville, IN |

I had an absolute wonderful experience with purchasing my new car from Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville. Eric Estrada was my salesman and he is by far the best car salesman I have ever come across and I am very happy to say that I had such a great experience. He was very informative, courteous, and very professional. He listened to what I was looking for and wasn't pushy which I really appreciated. He helped lead me in the right direction to find the right vehicle and was very knowledgeable. After dealing with so many other dealerships during my auto search, it was very refreshing to meet with someone who actually truly wanted to help and cared about my concerns. I will definitely recommend him and the dealership to others for their future purchases. The sales manager Rob was super nice as well and made me feel very comfortable. All in all, I am 100% satisfied and I am very happy with Mike Anderson Chevrolet.

Unfortunate

by from Merrillville, IN |

I am overall displeased with the experience I have had at the dealership. I encountered several issues with the service department due to poor communication and found this to be a very negative car buying experience. After receiving my first survey in which I had to rate the sales experience, I realized that I did not receive several important items that apparently are required throughout the selling experience. I was not shown inventory, did not receive an offer to schedule my next service visit, did not receive a tour of the facilities, etc. After reading the survey and realizing that my sales person did not do what was required of him, I was extremely disappointed. Fast forward to my first encounter with the service department. To add to my frustration, I was told that my car would be ready on a certain day and it was not. The service department had no idea what happened and it took them 45 minutes to find my UNSERVICED car. The communication was absolutely horrible. My sales person had no idea what happened with the vehicle and everyone seemed to be completely reactive rather than proactive. However, their communication seemed to be quite efficient when it came to putting in a claim for the loaner vehicle I received. I FREQUENTLY heard from the service department because of the claim that I had to file due to hitting a pothole in the loaner vehicle I was given. The sole focus seemed to be on resolving that issue instead of focusing on the fact that I had been lied to regarding when my car was being serviced and horrible communication between me, the service department, and my sales person. Once I was finally able to get my car re-scheduled (at least two weeks later) to be serviced, I received my car back the same day. Initially, I thought that it was an improvement from my previous encounter but upon inspection of my vehicle I found that it was a rushed job and that I also had SCRATCHES on my driver door. It would appear that the service department rushed to get my car finished so that I would not have to stay in one of their loaner vehicles (which they were hesitant to give me). I would have much rather WALKED HOME than to have someone rush on my vehicle just so I wouldn't have their loaner for long. I was so disgusted that I asked my fiance to take the car back so that I would not have to deal with the service department anymore. I will also add that I have not heard back from my sales person (while I was waiting on my car to be serviced I inquired about black rims for my vehicle. I was told that I would receive a call back from my sales person with more information and, of course, I have not). When it comes to a standard of quality, the dealership does not appear to have any. I do appreciate Tom, the manager, and Tammy, the finance director, as they were very professional and pleasant throughout this experience. Overall, I will not recommend this dealership to ANYONE. Throughout this ordeal I strongly considered returning my vehicle and going somewhere else. I consider this to be the worst car buying experience that I have ever endured and will look to have my car serviced at the Chicago location for future needs. I would STRONGLY advise that Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville focus on quality instead of quantity. Yes, you may sell a ton of units but at the end of the day, are your customers completely satisfied with the EXPERIENCE? As a customer, I certainly can say that I am not.

Unethical salesmen

by from Kalkaska, MI |

The dealership contacted us about the car for sale. Checked our credit & told us what was needed to purchase it. Had a verbal agreement to purchase a vehical from them. Had been in phone contact & told them we would be down to get car on Friday. We live in another state. Had downpayment, proof of insurance etc. Called 12 hours before we where to pick up car and told us they sold it. Never once told of another sale pending. Very very unethical. I guess you can't trust a used car salesmen. At least not at Mike Anderson Chevrolet.

Service was Beyond Excellent!

by from Merrillville, IN |

Jesse Nevarez's service was beyond excellent!! He worked hard to get us the best deal on our trade-in and put us in a brand new 2012 Chevy Cruze, which we love!! Thank you so much Jesse!! We give you 10 stars times 100!! Best sales guy there!! We will definately recommend him to anyone! Thanks Jesse!!

Had a Pleasant Time!

by from Merrillville, IN |

Had a pleasant time at Mike Anderson. Would recommend them to anyone. 5 Stars!!

Extremely Helpful!

by from Merrillville, IN |

Leighton was extremely helpful and made my husband & I feel very comfortable in purchasing our new vehicle.

very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly

by from Merrillville IN |

Mike Anderson was recommended to me by many members of my family who have purchased cars here and I am glad that they did. Everyone was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. They worked with me to get the car I wanted at the price I was looking for!!!

very straightforward and honest

by from Merrillville IN |

Buying a vehicle can sometimes be a real pain, but the staff at Mike Anderson is amazing they took great care of me and made sure that I got a great deal on my new truck. My sales person Alan and everyone I dealt with were very straightforward and honest. They really seem genuine in finding me the right truck for me and getting it for a price I can afford.

excellent service

by from Merrillville IN |

Thanks to Eric and everyone at Mike Anderson Chevrolet for working with us to make sure they found us the best deal on our new Malibu. We love our car and have been telling everyone we know about the excellent service we received.

easily the best dealership

by from merrillville IN |

I have been a loyal Chevy owner for basically my whole life and this is now the second one I?ve bought from Mike Anderson. This is easily the best dealership I have ever worked with, whether it?s sales or service the customer is always first. They always work with me to find the right car or truck at the right price and I never feel pressure to buy.

wonderful, very professional

by from Merrillville IN |

The staff at Mike Anderson was wonderful, very professional and helped to make the process go smoothly from beginning to end. I especially would like to thank Alan for being so thoughtful and pleasant while getting us such a great deal on our new car.