Arnell Chevy - Kia

239 Melton Rd, Burns Harbor, IN 46304

New 877-247-5941
Used 866-490-4525
Service 877-644-5346

Arnell Chevy-Kia... Where you're #1!

Horrible Service

by from New Buffalo, Mi |

Found a vehicle online that we were very interested in. Drove 40 miles, on a week night, with 2 children in tow to look at it. Decided we wanted to purchase the vehicle. Informed the salesmen we had our own financing, providing him with the information to fax to our bank. The salesmen sat with us & went over all the numbers. After an hour at the dealership we left believing we would see them the next day. The next day the bank phoned my husband informing him they had received the fax from the dealership & the check was ready. My husband then phoned the dealership, this is when he was informed that the vehicle had SOLD! WHAT!?! When ask to speak to the manager, the best he got was a sorry, nothing else! This is not how I would think a business should be run!!

In The Business of Screwing PPL

by from New Buffalo, Mi |

TIME, TIME, TIME

by from indiana |

So i went to purchase a used car, i didn't see the car on the lot and the person I spoke with on the phone wasn't "actually" there, they were just a phone center person...So another salesperson started talking with me, wouldn't you know another customer came in, the guy left me and went an started talking to the other customer, no mind you this is a car lot, meaning there should be other sales people. There were TWO other guys there, one just sat in his office and the other just sat at his desk ignoring us...FINE, I could go some place else where I saw the exact same car that I had already been approved for, but I had already driven an hour to get there. Make a long story short, I ended up having two different salesmen and my was in the dealership for 5 hours, it doesn't take that long, i've been told by a salesman personally that it shouldn't take longer than an hour at the most. I have mixed feelings about this place, not sure if i would recommend them to anyone, would def tell them that they don't consider your time.

Friendly hometown dealer

by from Hobart, IN |

I recently purchased my 3rd car from Arnell Chevrolet-Kia. i first visited the store through the service department, i was just getting an oil change done on my car. While my car was being serviced I browsed the dealership a bit, and saw a beautiful pontiac G6 GT on the used car lot. i at first didnt intend on purchasing but i have always wanted a pontiac g6 gt, after speaking with the used car manager, i was sold. i've been going to Arnell Chevrolet-Kia for my vehicle needs for a long time now and every time i visit, i'm treated with respect and everyone is always friendly. my car is always washed when they return it to me after service, if i have questions or concerns, they answer them, and the sales staff have always been knowledgeable and low key. i got another great deal on a car that i've always wanted, and i'll be bringing it back for oil changes and the such, ;)

Arnell Chevy - Kia responded to this review

May 16, 2012

Frank, Thank you for the kind words and being a loyal repeat customer! Our goal is to make sure every customer, every time has the same enjoyable experience that you speak of. Being family owned & operated for over 20 years we like to make you feel at 'HOME'. We look forward to continue serving you and doing business with you in the years to come.

Best buying experience I ever had

by from Joliet, IL |

i normally don't write reviews but i figured i had to for this place because i was so shocked and pleased with everything. like many other ppl in this economy, i have poor credit. i've always done right by my bills but in late 2009, i had to choose to either pay my mortgage or pay my credit cards. i'm still trying to rebuild my credit after that happened. but recently i needed another car. I've had alot of bad experiences at other dealerships. but i needed another car and soon, so i called every place i knew, and then I was referred to Arnell Auto Group by a friend. i first called in about a used car because that was all i thought i could get. like everybody else though, i preferred new. i eventually visited Arnell in Burns Harbor, and i liked the used car inventory but they also have the new Chevrolet cars on the same location. it was then, when i noticed the Chevrolet Cruze. i thought to myself and wished that i could get the new Chevrolet Cruze and something told me to ask about financing for ppl with poor credit, whether i can only get a used car, or if i could possibly get a new car. to my amazement, the financial specialists at Arnell were able to help me get a new Chevrolet Cruze. i have poor credit and i was still able to get a brand new Chevy, with a full 100k mile warranty, i somehow got a better interest rate on the new car, than what i would have gotten on the used car i looked at, and it was within a payment i could afford. i can go on and on...i didnt have to haggle about price because they told me about the savings that were available, they told me about the features in the car, and they were friendly the whole time i was there. painless. i say thank you to the people at Arnell, thank you for helping me as much as you did. you will see me again

Some Good and Bad

by from Indianapolis |

Bought a used Colorado. The listing stated that it came with keyless entry - as is standard on just about every car these days. They did not have the key fobs but did not tell me until I asked for them and showed them it was clearly stated in the listing. Their response was that I would have to buy some online and then have a dealer reprogram them. Um, NO! That issue was never resolved... After driving home in the purchased vehicle...2 hours away...I found out that one of the fog lights did not work and the tire jack was missing. The dealer did send a light replacement and new jack after I expressed my displeasure via email and phone calls. That's the good.

SCAM PRICES AND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE KEYS TO THE CAR!!

by from Chicago, IL |

Set up a time to come into this dealer and test drive a car. When I got there, the person I was told to ask for wasn't even there. They had NO CLUE I was coming. Not only did I walk in and wait for someone to even approach me, but when the time came to pull up the car, the keys were nowhere to be found. They were NEVER found either. In otherwords I drove nearly and hour away to find out how unprofessional this dealer was. Not only that, they assesed my trade in after a 1 minute test drive. ALSO, the price listed on the website is NOT the price they are selling it for but $4,000 less than what they intend to sell it for. NEVER AGAIN!! BEWARE!!!!