Mid-Hudson Subaru

1715 Rt. 9 South, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590

New 877-506-3791
Used 877-808-3690
Service 866-874-3769

Mid-Hudson Subaru where adventure begins and love never ends!

the uncommon dealer

by from Pleasant valley,NY |

A heartfelt thanks to the great people that make Mid Hudson Subaru a truly uncommon automobile dealership. From the moment I decided to put Subaru on my short list of considerations in an all wheel drive car up to the day I took delivery I was impressed with this dealership. I turned in a 2011 Honda CRV lease and purchased a 2013 Outback wagon and I'm very happy I did. A day after I took delivery the owner Peter Maher called me personally to make sure that I was 100% satisfied with every aspect of my purchase. I thought that was a nice touch...after all what car dealer is going to actually make that kind of effort? If you're thinking its easy to call a happy new customer but this man probably never takes random calls you are wrong.. I called the dealer regarding a registration question weeks later and asked for him. The secretary never asked who I was, she simply transferred the call and Mr Maher pleasantly picked up the call. Amazing!

Wonderful Car Buying Experience

by from Long Island |

I normally don't write reviews, give feedback or take surveys but my experience with Mid Hudson Subaru was such a good one I felt obligated to share it. Overall I couldn't be happier with my recent WRX purchase from Mid Hudson Subaru. The owner Peter has done a fantastic job with hiring quality people to staff his dealership.They should be the bar set for every dealership but that is not the case making them stand out among the rest. My salesman was Justin Amundson and I can't thank him enough for working with me and getting me into the wrx with the accessories and at the price point I wanted. He was a true gentleman, respectful, down to earth, answered promptly to my calls/emails and definitely changed my view on what to expect when dealing with a car salesman. The general manager and finance manager gave me a great trade in value and got me a low interest rate. Some of the accessories I had wanted needed to be ordered and were at the dealership the very next day ready to be installed. When I went back to get the accessories installed I had a pleasant time dealing with the service and parts staff, who were friendly, courteous and polite getting me in and out. It would also be good to add that this dealership is over 100 miles and a 2 hr drive from my house but it was definitely worth the trip. The distance and time spent getting to them further proves how great of a dealership they are and its a shame there isn't more of them around. Thanks again.

Ehhhhh

by from New york |

This is hard to write. One dealer was great to me, and i honestly wish i stuck talking to him. When the second dealer came to me, he was jumping around, rushing me around everywhere. Taking phone calls while i was in the middle of asking questions He also wanted an explanation from me on everything. My personal life, my finances and why i chose the price range i chose is my business. Whatever i explain my reasonings for i expect that to be accepted, not told i am wrong and make no sense. The individual i was with and myself left the store. We felt not only rushed, overwhelmed, but upset with how i wound up bein treated. On top of that, i was pestered on the particular call later through a voicemail. While i understand a sales person is there to make a sale, i dont appreciate being overwhelmed with the same questions over and over again and that i am dead set wrong. To the gentleman that actually helped me, i wish him the best for his services and being an actual help.

December 4, 2013

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at our dealership. We can assure you this is not how we conduct business, and it is not how we train our salespeople. We pride ourselves on working with the customers at their pace and in their time. That being said, you obviously had an upsetting experience and for that we are very sorry. We hope you will give us the opportunity to show you our true nature and help you find a car. Please call our General Manager, Kevin Luccketti, or myself, Peter Maher at 845.296.1152. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Sincerely, Peter Maher owner Mid-Hudson Subaru

Best car-buying experience in the Hudson Valley!

by from Hopewell Junction, NY |

If you are in the market for a Subaru and looking for the best, low-stress car-buying experience and award-winning service department, look no further than Mid-Hudson Subaru in Wappingers Falls, NY! I test drove a 2014 Legacy on Saturday and took delivery on Tuesday -- even on a holiday weekend! Walk in to this showroom, meet the friendly, knowledgeable staff, and you won't want to leave without your new Subaru! Honesty, integrity, care and community are words I would use to describe this dealership. They handled every aspect of the sale with the utmost professionalism and care. I'm happy to be a Subaru owner and proud to part of this family.

Purchase & Service Experience

by from Wappingers Falls, NY |

I went to Mid Hudson with the intent of finding out whether or not I could purchase a new Subaru and trade in my Saturn. I reviewed the available cars and settled on a 2013 Crosstrek. My salesman Rick Davis was most helpful and helped me review my options and accommodated my terms for purchase. At no time ever did I feel as if I was pushed to purchase out of my comfort zone as other dealerships had done. I subsequently purchased some accessories that required installation and the Parts & Service departments were equally pleasant and accommodating. I never thought I would encounter a dealership as accommodating, friendly and trustworthy as my old Saturn dealership, but Mid Hudson exceeded my expectations. Kudos to the owner and staff - you rock! I love my new Subaru!

Disappointed!

by from Montgomery, NY |

After days of searching for a small SUV, my wife and I settled on the 2.0 XT Turbo. The starting price was 36, 225 which was hard to handle considering it was a Subaru Forester. Nevertheless, the salesperson said he would be willing to negotiate since it was the end of the month. I negotiated the price of the car over the phone since I lived over thirty minutes away. However, the deal was contingent upon the Dealership making a fair offer on my trade in, which was a Volvo. The very next day I scheduled an appointment with the salesperson to avoid having to wait. I clearly explained to the salesperson that I would be bring my three week old baby with me. Unfortunately, when I got there the salesperson was totally flustered and made me wait an hour to give me a trade value 1200 below Kelly blue book and edmunds.com. Once I said that offer was unfair the salesperson blamed the appraiser and said he was new. The salesperson aplogized by saying the Foresters are selling hot right now and there is nothing more they can do. He also added that my Volvo wasn't like a BMW, insinuating my car had no resale value. Once again, it's frustrating to get a fair price on a new car while totally getting an unfair price on a trade in. Totally disappointing!

July 5, 2013

Dear Sir - Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, we appreciate you choosing our dealership and can assure we are worth the trip. While we make every effort to satisfy our customers, there are many factors that go into appraising a vehicle. The vehicle's condition, mileage, local market value, auction prices, etc all play a part in the actual appraisal of your car. The other situation you mentioned, having to wait when you had scheduled an appointment, is unacceptable to us and for that we sincerely apologize. It is not how we do business. I would welcome the opportunity to sit with you and review your transaction personally. I can always be reached directly at pmaher@midhudsonsubaru.com or 845.296.1152. I look forward to speaking with you. Again my sincerest apologizes - Peter Maher

great experience, great car

by from Millbrook, NY |

We inherited a big SUV which we were very grateful, but the first time I filled it up with gas, it cost $100! and I only got about 330 miles out of it! It is a great car, and we really wanted something that was good in bad weather, which it is, but the gas costs was incredible. So I crunched some numbers and since my husband and I each drive about 15,000 miles a year, an Impreza pays for itself. The big SUV gets about 8 miles per gallon and the impreza gets between 26 and 36 mpg. Plus all Subarus are great in bad weather so it was a no brainer. We will be selling the SUV The buying process at Mid Hudson Subaru was very friendly, no pressure and overall a great experience.

The Best

by from Goshen, N.Y. |

Just got my first Subaru , Mid Hudson Subaru made the process easy and pleasant ! I shopped other Subaru dealers with no success till I made an internet request that basicly suprised me , and I stopped by and finalized the deal . Everyone at the dealership was helpful and pleasant which made my decision easy ! I do hope my experience with service and parts goes just as well . Would definitely recommend Mid Hudson Subaru !!

Non-existant

by from Dutchess County New York USA |

Note: This is where I purchased my last Subaru, 8 years ago (a less-than-fun experience). When I had contacted them a few weeks ago about possible test drives, I got a reply but it was pretty much, "we don't have what you're looking for". Then, when I was ready to buy, I asked for a price quote (via cars.com). While other dealerships were happy to go find what I was looking for, all they could say was "we don't have one". You'd think, in today's economy, a customer who's ready to buy might be worth a little effort, but apparently not to them.

August 18, 2012

While we are very sorry that you had such a bad experience, we believe you may be speaking about another dealership. We have only been in business for 5 years, so while we would have loved to sell you your Subaru 8 years ago, we simply weren't in business yet. As for not finding the car you were looking for, our 2012 inventory is quickly depleting. If you would like to contact our owner, Peter Maher, directly he will gladly try to help you find your next Subaru.

Easy Peasy

by from Hopewell Junction, NY |

I purchase new cars every 2 years. I like to experience different makes and models. I owned a Subaru 15 years ago and loved it. I decided to try it again. I went to Mid-Hudson Subaru and in all my car buying years I have never been treated with such respect, patience and good humor. I even met the owner and let me tell you - that is unusual. From the salespeople to the office staff everyone was friendly and helpful. I bought an 08 Legacy and LOVE it. I almost can't wait for 2 years to be up so I can go get another one ;)

Great Experience

by from Stormville, NY |

What a great experience! I went in with visions of salesmen out to get me and my money. What I actually got was respect, courtesy, and patience. Kevin was smart and easy to talk to, Garry was a no pressure finance guy and I even met the owner! Love, Love, Love my Subaru and Mid-Hudson Subaru