Brighton Ford

New 866-233-0078
Used 866-232-1964
Service 877-227-2585

CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE!

Brighton Ford is worth the drive!

by from Livonia, MI |

My family and I ALWAYS drive from Livonia to Brighton to purchase our vehicles from Matt Renko. Their personal attention and flexibility make the buying process easy and sometimes even fun :) Highly recommend this dealership to anyone in the Metro Detroit area!

Questionable ethics from the Service Department

by from Brighton, MI |

I took my Ford Freestar minivan to this Dealership for a weird thumping noise coming from the engine. Over and over they told me they didn't hear the noise when I left it for them to test drive. Frustrated, I took my van to a small mechanic shop and within 5 minutes he had printed out a Ford Service Bulletin about the issue and told me to take it to a dealer to have the computer reset.... Needless to say, I was pretty upset. Thinking the dealer would be polite about the situation, instead the service advisor snatched the paper from me and said, "this may not even work". I braced myself and asked how much would it cost. $35. I was totally shocked. For all of the times I had brought my van in, left it, put up with the noise for months, it came down to a $35 solution that they didn't want to do for some reason. It made me wonder if by letting it go long enough, my $35 issue would have snowballed into a $3500 problem. I practically yelled at them to reset the computer as they just stood there in a stand-off with me. I haven't heard the thumping sound since. I still own my 2007 van. I've had a bumpy few years since then with other issues too and being overpriced. Brighton Ford took almost 2 weeks to tell me that Ford didn't make the plastic harness for the sliding doors anymore since the van was discontinued a few years ago; however, they told me they found the part up in Wisconsin for $800. Not being naive, I know that parts are made for 10 years for all Ford vehicles, even discontinued ones, I called a few more dealers who were able to find the part needed over the phone for $220 and could have the part there the same day. I often wonder if Brighton Ford lacks the service technicians or mechanics to perform the work and stall customers so they can arrange to contract the work out. I ended up with great service and a better price to repair the door and my transmission at another dealership. After everything I've gone through with the service department at Brighton Ford, I wasn't about to trust my transmission with them. I do let them change the oil and do some repairs but I'm very apprehensive, understandably, when they suggest further maintenance or repairs. Beware and get another opinion.

LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES

by from Chelsea, Michigan |

Caveat emptor, let the buyer beware which is the stupid mistake I made. The salesman looked me right in the eye and said that they went over each used car "with a fine tooth comb" and "fixed what needed to be fixed". Many items need repair: Air conditioner, an oil leak in front, and something leaking in back, the message center doesn't work, and the rear window wiper doesn't work properly. When I told the salesman about these problems he just said it's a good thing I bought a warranty. When I asked him about repairing what needed to be repaired he told me that I had bought a used car, not a Ford Certified Used Car. One of the biggest lies was when I questioned the gas mileage with a V8 engine, I was told that I would get "20mpg". Wrong, not even close. The only person at Brighton Ford who seems to care is a customer service rep. Surprisingly the owner seems to condone this type of salesmanship since despite 3 e-mails to him I have yet to hear from him. If anyone is even THINKING about buying from Brighton Ford, don't walk away, RUN!!!!!

Dishonest Service Practices

by from Pinckney, MI |

Very shady service department! Here's the story. In the fall, I took my car to Brighton Ford to have my summer tires replaced with snow tires for the upcoming winter. They did the job, I payed them, and everything was fine and dandy. Fast forward to the following spring, and it was time to put the summer tires back on again. Instead of going to Brighton Ford, this time I went to my local Discount Tire. Upon removing the summer tires from their storage wrappers, it was discovered that whoever had taken them off the car last had completely stripped the inside edge of the tire, leaving the metal mesh exposed. It was then explained to me by the Discount Tire employee that if I were to use the botched summer tires, the metal would rust over time eventually leading to a blowout. So, not only did Brighton Ford destroy a set of perfectly good tires causing me to have to spend a fortune on new ones, but they neglected to tell me about the incident, and instead left me to find out myself the next time I decided to change my tires. I'm glad I didn't go back to Brighton Ford to have the summer tires put back on because they probably would have told me they were fine, taken my money, and left me to discover it for myself some time down the road when my tires shred out from under me. Unbelievable.

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

by from Brighton, MI |

This dealership does not care about you or the vehicle you're going to purchase. I recently got a 2013 Ford Fusion, upon receiving the vehicle there was a kink in the headliner, my salesman told me it was suppose to be there! I took it to service shortly after to get this fixed and they denied fixing it! They blamed the issue on me, even after my salesman confirmed it was there when I purchased the vehicle! Then a sun glass compartment came loose, so I took it to service. AGAIN they told me they will not fix it! WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING A WARRANTY!? They put two screws into it, yes into my brand new car. Now the sun glass holder has a 1/2" gap holding it in place. I have spoke with both the service and sales manager and neither seem to care about the issues on my vehicle or are willing to do anything about it. I will never go back to this dealership, and I hope this review gives some insight to the kind of services they provide.

Car Buying Experience

by from Farmington Hills. Michigan |

As I was shopping cars a dealership agreed to bring a Honda CVR to my house for viewing. Just at that moment I received a phone call From Brighton Ford that the car of my choice, namely, a Nissan Rogue in white color was available and I should see it before making my decision to purchase any other car. Few minutes later a Honda CVR was brought to me at home but I had reservations about the color and the price! Then I talked to the Used Car Manager at Brighton Ford and he agreed to deliver it to me the same day.He agreed to my asking price, for the first time car buying credit, financing, and gave me instantly the asking price for my trade in. When everything fell into place like price , color, financeing, trade in value of my car and even the salesmanship , like cordiality etc. I could not resist and in less than 8 hours the car was home delivered to me.This was the most extraordinary experience in cay buying I or anyone else can have because I bought the car over the phone without physically seeing it ,touching it or even test driving it.I did not even visit the dealership. The credit application was run online and the car was delivered to me at my home!

Typo on paperwork

by from Walled Lake, MI |

I purchased a 2007 Ford Expedition from Brighton Ford in 2011, When I purchased the vehicle I also purchased an extended service contract, the contract stated that I had coverage until 2017 or 100,000 miles. The salesman explain this service contract to me had me sign the document the dealership also sign the document. Now after 2 years I was told that there was a typo on the document and that my service contract had expired. I cannot believe that it took 2 years for someone at the dealership to find the typo, I'm sure this document was reviewed several times after the sale and no one found the typo? For all this time I thought I was covered for repairs. I wonder if I found a typo on a sales document after 2 years if the dealership would do anything or just say you should of brought it to our attention sooner. Up until this point I had no problem with the dealership, the people that work there are great, My vehicle was always taken care of with no problems. I just think that they should of stood behind the contract. It was their mistake.

Worst customer service and Service department .

by from Brighton, mi |

Took car in for repair, service gave car back saying could not find anything wrong. Car started doing the same thing a week later, called service department and they were rude and completely clueless. I took the car to Bob Maxey who were so pleasant and professional. Car was fixed in a day. Brighton said they needed to keep it overnight to diagnose....what a joke.

Purchase of 2014 Explorer

by from Winter Haven, Florida |

I purchased the 2014 Explorer, XLT, in September, just proir to our annual trek to Florida, for the Winter. I traded my 2009 Edge, (with only about 30,000 miles), because I wanted something just a little bigger. (The Edge was a Limited). I wanted to get the Explorer here, because of the superior service, sales, that my wife had last year, when she got her 2013 Escape - Limited. I am a Ford retiree, and I THOUGHT I knew how to read the broucher, and spec out the car I wanted, (I should have let the salesman, do it). After receiving the car, which I love, i realized there were some things standard with the Limited, that I was missing. (I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN, AND AM STILL NOT TO OLD TO LEARN!). We drove the brand new Explorer to Florida, in late September, 'got 22 mpg, overall, on the trip, and are getting 20 to 21 mpg around town. The car has almost 20, 000 on it now. I'm very pleased with my purchase, Also thanks to Russ Jenkins, for putting up with me, and doing hoops to get me what I had asked for, in a very short period of time. THANKS,BRIGHTON FORD!

Great service,informed salesman, great car.

by from Brighton |

The salesman was very easy to do business with, knowledgeable, informative, and pleasant. No unnecessary pressure. An enjoyable experience. We are very happy with the Fusion.

Great service

by from Pinckney Mi |

From buying my vehicle in 2005 to date I have only one complaint that was rectified. I had animals making a nest in the air cleaner and the technicians missed it completely but I was given a free oil change for my next visit. Otherwise all your people are very courteous and helpful.