Brighton Ford

New 866-233-0078
Used 866-232-1964
Service 877-227-2585

CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE!

Brighton Ford is worth the drive!

by from Livonia, MI |

My family and I ALWAYS drive from Livonia to Brighton to purchase our vehicles from Matt Renko. Their personal attention and flexibility make the buying process easy and sometimes even fun :) Highly recommend this dealership to anyone in the Metro Detroit area!

Good Gone Bad

by from Milford, MI |

Purchased both my 2010 & 2012 Focus from Brighton Ford and have been a customer even before that. Always took my cars in for regular oil changes and repairs there. Since they have changed the way they do service it's been a poor experience ever since. I have been to Brighton Ford at least a handful of times in the past month for repairs and whenever I leave there is another issue with my car. I finally couldn't take it anymore and called the service manager who was of absolutely NO help. When I tried to be honest and explain my poor experience, he only made excuses and was demeaning the entire time. He didn't take care of me whatsoever. Very disappointed with this dealership/service/professionalism (or lack there of) the list goes on and on...interesting to see the other negative feedback as well. Needless to say...I will NOT be back to Brighton Ford. I also will NEVER recommend them to anyone else.

Service

by from Milford mi |

Poor service , poor people skills! Rex is a shady individual.got no satisfaction,no return call ,did get a lot of double talk.Service done on Focus was recall work, too bad Ford Motor Company has this place out there to represent their vehicles.He said he was the service manager.If you are a woman ,you will be shown zero respect . I have purchased three cars in five years, still will buy Ford, but not from Brighton. Anyone else have a problem I encourage a phone call to Ford customer service, these people need to be put on notice.

Won't honor the extended warranty they sold me

by from Howell, Michigan |

I purchased a 72mon/125k mile extended warranty for a used vehicle in 2011. My signed contract says the warranty expires in 9/2017 or 125k miles, which ever comes first. I took my vehicle in for service on 01/23/2014. It had 115K miles, so was within the terms of the warranty. However, Brighton Ford says my warranty expired in August 2014 and it doesn't matter what my signed contract says. They say their records are correct and they won't honor the extended warranty.

Type excuse again

by from Howell, MI |

I purchased a 72mon/125k mile extended warranty for a used vehicle in 09/2011. My signed contract says it expires is 9/2017 however Brighton Ford says it doesn't matter what my signed contract says, they say their records are correct and wouldn't honor the extended warranty. I noticed that I'm not the only one giving this feedback for Brighton Ford. Seems they've used this excuse before with another customer.

Won't honor the extended warranty they sold me

by from Howell, michigan |

Brighton Ford sold me a 72 month/125000 mile extended warranty and even though i have a signed copy that states the begin date is 09/2011 and the expiration date is 09/2017, the insist is expired in 08/2014 and refuse to honor the warranty.

shady manager, shady dealership

by from Brighton, MI |

They're awfully nice and accommodating until they get you to sign. Once you've signed they're much less than helpful. Bought a used vehicle, the salesman assured me they had the best mechanics check out their used vehicles before they put them on the lot. The vehicle I purchased had a couple problems i noticed off the bat that they promised to fix for me. Days after buying the car I took it back to them for the work they promised to fix (clunking sound in tire, rear park assist maintenance needed, steering wheel was shaky), they had it for two weeks! Never called me for an update, the salesman nor the manager would ever call me back. Got my vehicle back two weeks later, nothing was fixed but they put new tires on it for me....OK? That wasn't even an issue, oh and I filled the vehicle up with gas on my way to drop it off to them I gave it to them and received it back with about quarter tank hmmm...took it to another dealership because I purchased the Ford extended warranty plan. They came up with over $5,000 in repairs, I've only had this vehicle three months at this point. Not only that but extended warranty wouldn't even cover my rear transfer case leaking because they spoke with the manager at Brighton Ford who told them this was a pre-existing issue....THEY NEVER MENTIONED THAT TO ME! And they still won't return my calls at Brighton Ford...shady shady company with shady people working their...specifically Manager George Haas...Horrible service, horrible management...once they get your signature you become just another number to them

Watch Out for the F & I Man

by from Brighton Michigan |

Jim the man that says "lets go to the next step" he will insult you to no end, over charge you for an ESP contract and just flat out rob you! Go to Howell or Ann Arbor and get your new car!!

Quick processing on my deal!!

by from Leslie,Mi |

These guys were efficient and easy to deal with! The car was ready for me to drive when I got there and the communication was great! I am really impressed with this dealership.

Questionable ethics from the Service Department

by from Brighton, MI |

I took my Ford Freestar minivan to this Dealership for a weird thumping noise coming from the engine. Over and over they told me they didn't hear the noise when I left it for them to test drive. Frustrated, I took my van to a small mechanic shop and within 5 minutes he had printed out a Ford Service Bulletin about the issue and told me to take it to a dealer to have the computer reset.... Needless to say, I was pretty upset. Thinking the dealer would be polite about the situation, instead the service advisor snatched the paper from me and said, "this may not even work". I braced myself and asked how much would it cost. $35. I was totally shocked. For all of the times I had brought my van in, left it, put up with the noise for months, it came down to a $35 solution that they didn't want to do for some reason. It made me wonder if by letting it go long enough, my $35 issue would have snowballed into a $3500 problem. I practically yelled at them to reset the computer as they just stood there in a stand-off with me. I haven't heard the thumping sound since. I still own my 2007 van. I've had a bumpy few years since then with other issues too and being overpriced. Brighton Ford took almost 2 weeks to tell me that Ford didn't make the plastic harness for the sliding doors anymore since the van was discontinued a few years ago; however, they told me they found the part up in Wisconsin for $800. Not being naive, I know that parts are made for 10 years for all Ford vehicles, even discontinued ones, I called a few more dealers who were able to find the part needed over the phone for $220 and could have the part there the same day. I often wonder if Brighton Ford lacks the service technicians or mechanics to perform the work and stall customers so they can arrange to contract the work out. I ended up with great service and a better price to repair the door and my transmission at another dealership. After everything I've gone through with the service department at Brighton Ford, I wasn't about to trust my transmission with them. I do let them change the oil and do some repairs but I'm very apprehensive, understandably, when they suggest further maintenance or repairs. Beware and get another opinion.

LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES

by from Chelsea, Michigan |

Caveat emptor, let the buyer beware which is the stupid mistake I made. The salesman looked me right in the eye and said that they went over each used car "with a fine tooth comb" and "fixed what needed to be fixed". Many items need repair: Air conditioner, an oil leak in front, and something leaking in back, the message center doesn't work, and the rear window wiper doesn't work properly. When I told the salesman about these problems he just said it's a good thing I bought a warranty. When I asked him about repairing what needed to be repaired he told me that I had bought a used car, not a Ford Certified Used Car. One of the biggest lies was when I questioned the gas mileage with a V8 engine, I was told that I would get "20mpg". Wrong, not even close. The only person at Brighton Ford who seems to care is a customer service rep. Surprisingly the owner seems to condone this type of salesmanship since despite 3 e-mails to him I have yet to hear from him. If anyone is even THINKING about buying from Brighton Ford, don't walk away, RUN!!!!!