Gates Chevy World

636 W Mckinley Ave, Mishawaka, IN 46545

New 866-983-2667
Used 877-891-1437
Service 877-634-2053

Doing Whatever It Takes for Over 84 Years!

Horrible Experience Unprofessional Finance Manager

by from Mishawaka, IN |

I had been in contact the Gate's Automotive Group for over a month. I finally targeted the ideal vehicle. Gate's was hosting a sales event with all of their local dealerships at one central location. My wife and I made an appointment to come look at 1 particular vehicle on our lunch breaks. We arrived, checked in and were set up with a salesman. They told that the vehicle we came to look at had been damaged and was not available. We were disappointed that no one had called to inform us of this. We went ahead and looked around and found a couple other vehicles that we were interested in, but left due to time restraints. My wife returned the following day to test drive one of our finalist. She handed a purchase agreement from the salesman and she was told that they needed her signature on this to preform the test drive. She asked several questions and he assured her it didn't mean that she had to purchase the vehicle. We came in with an approval through one of our credit card companies, we wanted to shop a little more to possibly find a better interest rate. The finance employee that the set us up with gave us another purchase order agreement to sign. This one had a completely different car listed on it, we pointed this out. He kind of laughed it off and corrected it. We gave them permission to shop a couple of their resources for a better rate. We were told we could go ahead and take the car home with us. They gave us a paper plate and sent us on our way. He made it sound like they were not going to be able to find one. Having this concern we went to one other bank for approval, we received an excellent rate. After I received this approval I tried throughout the entire business day to get in touch with Gate's finance department with no reply. I ended up going to the dealership in person after work to ask him to stop putting hard inquiries out. He assured me that he wouldn't send any more out. I told him that I wanted to go with financing that we found on our own. He stated that he had an issue with not allowing him to finish his search. I told him that I could appreciate that, but I wanted to go with the bank that I had. We signed all the documents with the bank we were approved by. We thought we were done with Gate's at that point. We were told they would have a check in hand by Monday morning. On Monday around 12:40PM I received a voice mail message from the Finance manager, who I had no contact with to this point. He states that he needed to hear from me by 4:00PM or he would report the car in stolen. I called him back as soon as I heard the message. I asked what the problem was, he stated that we were driving around in a car that wasn't paid for. I told him that our bank had contacted their accounting department and made arrangements for the check to be in their hands Monday morning. I told him about my dissatisfaction with the entire experience. He stated that I caused the problems, that my story was ludicrous and not true. I replied "excuse me". He said that as a business man and my wife as an employee for a very large banking firm should know how all of this works. He stated that they shouldn't have to explain everything to us. I replied again that I was unhappy with the way the entire transaction happened and I would like to speak to his supervisor. He stated the there was no one else for me to talk to about my issues with his department. I told him I would seek out and find some one to talk to. I also let him know that you do not treat customers this way, he stated that I wasn't his customer, I didn't work with his people financing. He told me to make sure I have my story straight when I try to contact Mr. Gates. He was very angry during the conversation. He spoke with a condescending, demeaning and very unprofessional tone. I had my bank reach out to him personally, Gate's had already received the check before this conversation took place. I am a Buyer by trade and would not recommend Gates

Horrible customer service!

by from South Bend, IN |

While I am satisfied with the collateral and the price we paid, the process in dealing with Gates has been a nightmare! Pressure sales tactics, misleading information and rude associates to a name a few of the issues. We purchase during a 'sale' and it was the most disorganized mess I have ever witnessed.

Dealer never contacted me back.

by from Valpo, IN |

I emailed them about a ford explorer and not one email back concerning the truck.

excellent service

by from Osceola,Indiana |

The car dealer named Cory Hough was great! He knew exactly what I was looking for in a car and found the perfect one for me!

Great 1st time car buying experience

by from mishawaka, IN |

It was pleasant! It was SO NICE and refreshing to not be pressured to purchase a vehicle. Mike Smith worked really well with us.

Awesome service

by from New Orleans, Louisiana |

I am always pleased with the customer service provided by J.B. He always keep me updated and if I explain I'm on a budget, he let's me know what needs to be done in the order of priority. I moved to the New Orleans area and I tell you I really miss having my vehicle service by Gates. Great job.

Quality work. Good communication.

by from New Carlisle, IN |

Minor body repair and painting. It looks good. They thought they could buff out damage on the hood, but could not. They painted it. We appreciate that they caught it and repaired it properly without our having to return.

Great service, friendly staff

by from Mishawaka, IN |

I dropped my car off the night before without an appointment. Bret worked me in and the repair was done the next day. Very impressed with the quality and promptness of gates service. Will be in the market for a new car soon, and this service that Bret and the staff provide will assure that gates is my first place to look for a car.

Mike is awesome. goes above and beyond every time

by from mishawaka in |

Mike went above and beyond as always. Took longer than we hoped due to waiting on parts. Were mistakenly overcharged and Mike called right away to let us know

Excellent Service

by from South Bend, IN |

Brought my car in for an oil change and noticed afterwards that I had some odd marks on my alloy wheels. Called the manager and he told me to bring it back to the dealership for him to look at. I thought they had been curbed, but come to find out they were corroding and will be replaced under warranty. The manager was very professional, helpful and understanding of my frustration having a 1.5 year old car (that I baby) with rims already corroding. For this experience, I will always go to Gates for service on my Chevrolet as long as I live in South a Bend.