Sauers Ford Lincoln

Used 888-238-0812

1 of 1 review

Horrible Customer Service

by from Michigan City, IN |

I called and made an appointment for 10:30am to visit a vehicle. I specifically made the appointment because we were driving from over an hour away to see this particular vehicle. Upon arrival I was not greeted, but instead had to search out the sales rep I was assigned to when I made the appointment. After meeting the sales rep, she proceeded to tell me that a couple had just show up minutes before our arrival and were currently looking at the vehicle, even though I had scheduled an appointment. They welcomed us to wait around until the couple was finished. An hour later (an hour after my scheduled appointment), the other couple still interested in the van began speaking with the financing department. At that point our sales rep brought us the keys and said, "It's a battle to buy; whoever gives us the money first can have it, here are the keys to take it for a drive". My husband and I looked at each other and said "No way, we?re not playing that game and we?re not putting the other couple through that". We walked away after giving them a scolding for treating us with such disrespect and just as a "possible sale? instead of a real family with great interest and great need for a van.

Sauers Ford Lincoln responded to this review

June 3, 2014

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. I assure you customer service is our number one priority. Sharon is one our most admired and well liked employees and this is truly the first negative experience I have heard of from one of her customers as long as she has worked here. We set appointments to make time available for our busy Internet department representative but cannot hold vehicles, for any potential customers, without a deposit. The vehicle was made available to you for show at the time you arrived and you were greeted by Sharon before you could even get out of your car, I watched the entire interaction myself from the sales floor. I understand you were disappointed that another customer came in before you arrived and fell in love with our competitive market based pricing approach and friendly, no pressure sales approach enough to buy the car after you left our store. I hope you would consider giving us another chance to WOW you with our service in the future. Feel free to contact me directly, Andrew D., at 219-879-5381 if you have any questions or concerns in the future, thanks.

(1-1 of 1 review)