Nielsen Kia Hyundai

4411 E Michigan Blvd, Michigan City, IN 46360

Used 888-503-8856

Nielsen Kia Review

by from Michigan City, IN |

Before I went to Nielsen Kia, I mistakingly chose another lot to start my car buying journey. Upon pulling up and just barely exiting the vehicle my boyfriend and I were greeted by Rob. He was very excited to see us and was eager to see what he could do to help us. We told him that we just came from another lot down the road where we had a bad experience. He said ?oh man that to bad. What happened?? We told him that the sales guy was going to try to sell us a car with the check engine light on. He was utterly shocked and asked where we came from. When we told him he shook his head and asked what the other salesman was going to sell us. We told him it was a Hyundai Accent. He told us come in, I can help. So we go in and he says look I have one right here on the show room floor. it?s a 2014 Hyundai Accent. He goes on to give me the quick details on it. I politely let him finish and then tell him that its a little out of my budget. He asks us over to his desk so he can get a better idea of exactly what I am searching for. He takes down my information and assures me he isn?t just going to throw it out to 20 different banks since that can be bad on your credit. He runs the numbers and comes back not even 20 minutes later and says I have three cars that I think you might like. He points them out and asks ?which would you like to see first?? We check out the first one and he says "go ahead start it up make sure there aren?t any check engine lights on.? I liked his sense of humor. So we all end up taking the first one for a test drive. It was nice but I just wasn?t as excited about this one. So when we get back let me show you the G6 I really think your going to like it. He was right. I very much liked it. Once we got done with the test driving he said it would be a little while longer that they were still trying to get me approved. I will be honest, I?m sure that it wasn?t easy to do since I have a credit score of ?0.? We waited patiently and Rob would come back out to his desk every once and a while to let us know how things were going. He offered us coffee and said there is a tv in the other room if we wanted something to do. They were having a bit of difficulty getting me approved but they were trying whatever they could to get it done. He came out and asked, ?are you a student? military?? The whole team was really working there tails off to make this sale. Finally he came out and said I tried my best but in order to get you approved we are going to need another thousand down. He asked if that was something I could come up with and I told him that it could take up to a month to do but I would be back as soon as I got it. He apologized for not being able to make it happen that day but said that whenever I got the rest of the down payment to come back in and they would get me into a car. I went home feeling a little disappointed but felt good that this place was trying much harder to earn my business. The next day my phone rings. It was the banker that they deal with. He had stopped by and they asked him if there was anything that he knew of that would help get me into a car sooner. He worked on it a bit and called me and said if i could come up with $300 more than what I had (instead of the $1000 more) that he could make the deal happen. Luckily I was able to get the $300 and was able to go up the next day. I set down with their finance guy (Pete, i liked his hair) and signed the papers. The only thing was that may payment was going to be about $30 higher than I wanted but they were able to meet every other bit of my criteria. I was able to drive off the lot about an hour after we got there the second day. I was pretty nervous being a first car buyer but the people at Nielsen Kia made me feel confident in my decision. I am now a proud owner of a 2007 Pontiac G6. Nielsen Kia is located at 4411 E. Michigan Blvd. Michigan City, IN 46360 PH. 888-484-0966

Stay away

by from Three Oaks MI |

Listen to Mike this is still how they operate, You will have problems with them failing to dislose contractual obligations and you will never get you car plated without paying them more money scammers even the service dept scammed me....just horrible, Compaints have been made to KIA corporation on behalf of a few. If you want to buy a car and have them ie and cheat you just to get the sail this is the place to go believe I know........

GREAT PRICE

by from HIGHLAND IN |

THE PRICE WAS FANTASTIC AND THEY HAD A GREAT SELECTION

horrible

by from Chicago, IL |

Do not buy a car from them, their cars are way over priced . You can go closer to Chicago for a much better deal. They also messed up my paperwork several times. A friend of mine has taken a couple cars there to be traded in and every single time they offer him less than the other local dealers have offered. Stay away.

Nielsen Kia Hyundai responded to this review

March 31, 2015

sorry about the paperwork mess up we do not operate that way and we also do pay over market value for trades