Ruge's Automotive

(4.9) 7 Reviews

6444 Montgomery Street, Rhinebeck, NY 12572

Great experience at Ruge's

by from Bearsville, NY |

My beloved 25 year old Subaru went in to Ruge's for service recently and they discovered the frame and whole underbody was rusted through and it wasn't even safe to keep up on the lift. The car was running well, so I was bereft, but their excellent service department guys satisfied my pointed questions about why it was time to let go of this car. So I went across the street to Ruge's Subaru dealership and Ryan Kelly helped me looked at the used cars they had in my price range. This would be my first self-bought car so it was all new to me, but Ryan was very patient, absolutely UN-pushy and completely straightforward about supplying all the info I needed to make an informed purchase. While he freely offered an opinion if I asked for one, I never got the feeling he was trying to sell me anything...which is pretty remarkable for a car dealer. As a mature female customer, I found his natural professionalism unusual and very refreshing. The best "large purchase" experience I have ever had. Dealer and service dept. both great !

Ruge subaru provided great service and quality.

by from Hyde park, ny |

Would recommend to friends and in particular the service rendered and clarity.

November 25, 2014

Thanks Alma we appreciate your kind words, enjoy your new Subaru!

It's worth the trip from CT

by from Sandy Hook, CT |

This is the second Subaru Outback that we have bought from Ruges. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, making the buying process a pleasure. Do yourself a favor and take a trip to Rhinebeck, NY. We made the trip from CT, and we are happy that we did.

November 20, 2014

We really appreciate you making the trip to give us your business! Enjoy!

Great dealer,great salesman. Ask for Subaru Sam

by from New York, NY |

This is our third car that we bought from Ruge's. Recommend this dealer to everyone. Our salesman Sam is tops.

October 3, 2014

Thanks Jack we appreciate your business and your kind words... enjoy!

Exactly what I wanted

by from East Syracuse, NY |

Quick / easy process. Ian was great! Would come back for sure.

Wonderful buying experience

by from Highland, New York 12528 |

I want the public to know about the buying experience we had. I purchased a used 2012 Outback with 11 thousand miles. NICE CAR, but I am writing about the dealership and staff. I was told by a friend of mine to ask for the manager (Tom) who could not have been more cordial, he in turn placed me with a salesperson named Sam, again, great, We were so pleased with the buying experience my son also purchased a used auto as well. When we arrived on Tuesday evening the cars were ready, paper work in hand and we were in and out for both autos in a little more than 30 minutes. Everything in order and the staff, great, friendly, and a pleasure to buy from them. I have purchased many autos in the past but this time it was an enjoyable and no pressure experience. If you are in the market for a new or used auto you should see the staff at Ruges Subaru, you won't be sorry. Ruges THANK YOU

Professional and courteous experience!

by from Beacon Falls, CT |

I recently purchased a 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition from Ruge's Subaru and all I can say is that my experience couldn't have been better! I was the owner of a 2004 Subaru WRX STi for about a year and a half when I recently decided that due to my new position at work, my commute from Beacon Falls, CT to Danbury, CT on a daily basis was not such a comfortable experience. I began searching for an 09 Legacy after purchasing an 05 Legacy GT for my fiance in 2012. I had had a bad experience with Dan Perkins Subaru in Milford, CT when I went to look at an 08 Legacy in the same deep bronze color that Ruge's had but their sales manager took one look at my STi and said, "you're asking to trade it in for the same price I'm going to resell it for." He handed me my keys and I left. Not a week later, I found a beautiful 2009 Legacy on Auto Trader which Ruge's had listed but when I emailed Matt Zellie about it, it had already been sold. After emailing Matt back and forth about what I was looking for, he became intrigued about my trade of my STi for a 2009 Legacy in the deep bronze. I wanted the deep bronze color with a spoiler because it was a rare color for the area I live in. Not a day later, Ruge's received in an 09 Legacy in the deep bronze color. I then drove an hour and a half to meet Matt for the first time and the rest was history! Matt and his sales manager were very impressed by the condition of my 04 STi and they gave me a reasonable trade for it. With that said, I purchased the 09 Legacy before they even had it advertised on their website with it's very low 36,000 miles as opposed to my STi which was about to reach 120,000 miles. Matt ordered my spoiler and I had the car within a week of purchasing it but that was only because the spoiler had to be ordered. It was totally worth the wait! Overall, my experience with Matt was fantastic and the environment at Ruge's was a very comfortable one. I highly recommend Ruge's Subaru to anyone who is interested in purchasing a new or used Subaru. I will be keeping them in mind down the road when I look to purchase a 2012 WRX STi... simply because my taste in cars will always be Subaru's and particular body styles. Thanks again Ruge's!