Ruge's Automotive Inc.

6882 Route 9, Rhinebeck, NY 12572

New 888-430-8576
Used 877-739-6922
Service 888-472-7697

Ruges Automotive has been serving the vehicle needs of the Hudson Valley since 1935!

Great Vehicle - with some missing Love

by from New Paltz,NY |

Overall buying experience was good, however I feel the new Subaru Forester interior design is missing the "Love". I find the rear cargo compartment light really cheap and poorly positioned to the side versus overhead for effectively lighting the area. The mid dash screen display can show you about 10 different ways of how great your gas mileage is rather then adding features/options in the display/software that are more helpful, like a navigational compass indicator of N, S E, or W on display (Why do I have to upgrade to the upgraded mirror) which can be very helpful when driving in unknown areas or when not having a GPS, yet we do have 8 different slots to place a cup or water bottle! Where's the Weather radio button? My old Outback had one and it was great. I don't get it...Subaru markets the vehicle as a go anywhere vehicle, yet is missing the elements which make the consumer feel that it is the outdoor rugged type of car. How about adding a trash receptacle within the design? The moon roof size is great, yet when opened during travel the wind noise is distracting, don't you think making the moon roof wind shield a standard item a good idea. That's adding Love, not the obvious nickel and diming the consumer for accessories. Also I experience a hesitation of forward propulsion in the transmission when going from reverse to drive, a strange sensation, yet most likely part of the new designed transmission which gives a nice smooth ride. I am happy with my new 2014 Forester, however I feel the missing "Love" mostly on interior / human interaction elements that could make it great.

My best car buying experience - ever

by from Red Hook, N.Y. |

I actually did not expect to be in the market for a new car, but my old one was suddenly on life-support, and, since I had seen a good promotion for Town and Country mini-vans, I stopped in at Ruge's first since they were the nearest Chrysler dealer. The salesperson I first met was Ian, whose natural friendliness and ability to calmly listen immediately put me at ease. I felt no sense of over-anxiousness or brow-beating on his end. Discussing the vehicle, the options, and the pricing all felt natural - as if I'd known him for more than a short time. It was loose and comfortable. Not long into our discussion the sales manager, J.C., came over and introduced himself. At his approach I was momentarily put off because from experience, sales managers create a sense of awkwardness or even discomfort. They seem to be pushy while they attempt to analyze you as a buyer and rush you into a decision. Not so at all with J.C. Almost immediately, with a big smile on his face, he seamlessly joined Ian and me. It was totally obvious he had not only not come over to push things, but to simply greet me as a customer and offer any assistance if any was needed. Before long the 3 of us were actually having an enjoyable interaction (they both have a great sense of humor) as we discussed my interests and all of my questions were answered. Before I left, I did discuss some preliminary numbers with J.C., but at that point I had other dealers to check with and other cars to check out. To make a long story short: I got some good numbers elsewhere, went back to Ruge's, took an unhurried test drive with Ian, who explained every aspect of the vehicle, and left with even better numbers from J.C. I didn't make my decision then, but probably visited the dealership 2 or 3 more times while deciding. In all honesty, I was hit with no pressure at all in any of my visits, and, in fact, spent much of the time just casually and even jokingly discussing all aspects with Ian and J.C. In the end, their price was the best - without haggling - and I almost felt like it would have been a betrayal of friends to go elsewhere. I actually really liked these guys! Of course, the final step to the process is the meeting with the money person where you always expect to find accidentally overlooked little costs that sometimes add up to big dollars. Again, I was happily surprised by Bob, the business manager, who confirmed everything I had been told to the letter and did not try to unload any useless extras on me. He was the perfect fit with Ian and J.C. - another nice guy - the icing on the cake. Ruge's provided me with the most comfortable and effortless car buying/leasing experience I have ever had, and if I ever decide to buy a Chrysler/Jeep vehicle again, I would make Ruge's my first and last stop. And I would send anyone I know to them with full confidence that they would receive the same excellent treatment that I received.

Ruge's Automotive Inc. responded to this review

August 26, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words, we really appreciate it! We hope you're loving your new vehicle and will reach out anytime we can be of any assistance.

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

by from Troy, NY |

Great local dealership. The entire team was friendly and very responsive to any and all questions. Ian was able to find a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited which almost exactly fit the specs I was looking for. To order one a new from the factory it would have taken about 8 weeks but Ian was able to get to me in about 2. Love my new Jeep.

New car purchase

by from Stanford, ny |

Our experience with our sales person was so pleasant. Ian Daly provided us with such good service both before, during and after purchase of our 2014 jeep grand Cherokee. He knew his product and without being pushy, made sure we had all the new details. Ian's follow up when I had questions, was prompt. Nice to meet such a professional salesperson. On top of everything, I love this new Jeep. It is quite a car. Mrs. D. H Dutchess County , NY

WONDERFUL BUYING EXPERIENCE

by from Newton,Massachussetts |

Great group to deal with,Tammy was my salesperson,she was Great,JC was the sales manager and he was wonderful,Bob was the Finance Manager and he was stupendous.I drove 185 miles to get to that Dealership in a small New York town.But it was worth the TRIP for sure.They took care of my needs,and they fulfill there part of the agreement.if was a Great experience dealing with everyone at the Dealership,from the office clerk to the service counter and BO the service Manager,he was awesome, everyone deserve high marks on Handling customers,I recommend to everyone that considering buying a vehicle from Ruge Chrysler to Stop by and do Business with that establishment,

Greatest Car Buying Experience Ever!

by from Rhinebeck, NY |

Stopped in to the dealer to see the new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee that was just released. I had such a great experence with the salesman (John Lee) that I looked at a few different 2013 and 2014 models. John never pushed in any direction and when I told him I would think about it and come back, there was no special one-time limited offer or other "force a sale" technique so common at other dealerships. He just gave me his card and said to come back whenever I was ready. He was so firendly. I came back with my wife and she felt John was so nice and friendly as well. We looked at a few cars and decided on the 2014 in Black. The rest of the sales experience was quck, smooth, and easy. They gave me a more than fair price for my trade-in and did not try to sell me every other dealer installed option they have. This was truly the easiest and most rewarding new car buying experience I have ever had (this is my fifth Jeep Grand Cherokee). Everyone at this dealership (John, Tammy, Ian, Bob, and JC) is friendly and puts your concerns first to make sure you get the best possible deal and the car that is right for you. If you are buying a Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, or Ram Truck, this is the place to go. You will not go wrong here and their service department is just as nice, competent, and friendly as the sales staff. After you buy the car, the service team will take care of you and your car with the same quality service and friendly attitude as the sales team. This is an awesome dealership!

WORTH THE TRIP FROM VERNON, NJ

by from Vernon, NJ |

First I have to say thank God for Cars.com. Before I knew about Cars.com I was searching all over for a very specific used truck. I went into dealer after dealer looking without any luck. My uncle was visiting one Saturday and I shared with him that I wanted a used Toyota Tacoma, 6cyl. 6 speed manual, preferably white with a locking cover on the back. I had only a certain amount I could spend but still wanted a truck with low miles. I told him I went into every dealer around including three different Toyota dealers but none of them had it. My uncle showed me quick how to search on Cars.com and after reading about 3 or 4 trucks I found the exact one for me at Ruge's CDJ and Ram. I had never heard of Ruge's but they had what I wanted. Monday morning first thing I called and spoke with a Sales Consultant his name was Ian Daly. He was really cool on the phone, he told me a little about the truck and that he still had it. I made an appt. with him and headed there. When i got there I met the Sales Manager JC Berzal who was also very friendly and informative. After driving the truck and checking it out I decided it was the one for me. It was almost a 2 hour ride oneway and I really didn't feel like driving home and coming back again the next day. Although they were very busy on this day, they were able to get the vehicle and all the paperwork ready for me that day so I wouldnt have to drive back. Thank you both very much for all of your help and kindness.